Ring of Wealth

Bladewing

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've soloed bandos easily 500+ times, using ROW about half the time, the times i didn't i got 4-5 "nothing" drops.. if i had used a ROW maybe i could have had more bandos items/hilts.

Also, if you read through it, it says all monsters have a specific 'Rare Drop' table, which is shared by most creatures, however items such as the Draconic Visage and Godsword pieces are an a 'Very Rare' drop table, the post never stated that they aren't affected by ROW, just that you wont get either of them from something that cant drop it.

So about this 'Very Rare' drop table, for the unique items, it seems logical that it would progress something like this;

Normal drops -> Rare drops -> Very Rare drops

So with this logic, you have to roll on the Rare drops table before you can get to the Very Rare drops, and therefore, because the ring of wealth nullifies the chance of a 'nothing' drop on the Rare table, you'll have more of a chance of getting onto the Very Rare table, and at the same time a decent drop :)

Also they said there are groupings of 'Rare drops', monsters with common drop tables.. so if we start grouping up the main ones we get;

Slayer Creatures

Non-Slayer Creatures

God wars bosses

Other bosses

That should cover most creatures with a drop table out there.

Now then, lets say my average drop ratio from solo Bandos is 1/50 (it's actually less than this :P) this means that on average every 50 kills i get onto the Very Rare drop table and get a Godwars specific item using the process above. Some may say 'no they are common drops' well I say, Actually, as the Bosses are higher leveled, and designed for groups of people to kill, they have more 'Rare' slots on the normal drop table, and more 'Very Rare' drops on the rare table, which would ncrease the frequencies of getting their monster specific drops.

In the end it's all upto personal preferences, some people want to hit that extra damage every now and then, some want to hit a little more accurately.. and some, like me, want to get more good drops, instead of getting nothing :P

Edit: As someone stated before, why would Jagex make something thats useless? especially something that is fairly high leveled..

Edited by blackeagle4
black_eagle4.png

Blackeagle, I recommend you actually read the explanation given by Jagex. You obviously haven't. Those nothing drops you got at Bandos would not have been Bandos armour pieces, but rather items like rune javelins, half keys, and gems. Yes, those are better than nothing, but the very little it actually helps (50k coins once in a few hundred kills) is nothing compared to the benefits of Fremmenik rings, Lumbridge ring, or ring of life.

As I understand it, with a ROW, instead of getting nothing, you will get something like a gem, key half, or rune item.

The only "drop" whose rate is decreased is nothing.

So, with a ROW, instead of getting nothing, you may get:

Gems

Key halves

Dragon items

Rune items

"Rare" drops like the whip, hilts, and visages have the same droprate.

So, the only reasons not to wear a RoW are: You want to use a better ring and you don't want lots of medium-value drops like gems, but rather save the inv space.

So, if you have a Fremmenik or MA ring, use it instead. Unless you want more gems or key halves.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

So basically they aren't as useful as we thought, too bad but it doesn't really affect anyone.

Except for whiny brats.

Yep, be this topic an example.

Still, the article isn't clear enough in explaining whether the 'rare drop table [...] shared between a variety of NPCs' is the only rare table, and if not, whether the ring of wealth affects the others. I shall remain hopeful!

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Blackeagle, I recommend you actually read the explanation given by Jagex. You obviously haven't. Those nothing drops you got at Bandos would not have been Bandos armour pieces, but rather items like rune javelins, half keys, and gems. Yes, those are better than nothing, but the very little it actually helps (50k coins once in a few hundred kills) is nothing compared to the benefits of Fremmenik rings, Lumbridge ring, or ring of life.

I have read it through a few times, and NEVER did they say that gems, rune javelins or keys where rare items, in fact, they didn't state what are on the rare items list, just that some have very rare drops (visages/ godsword pieces)

Also notice that the phrase 'Very Rare' has the word 'Rare' in it, which thus proves that visages and hilts are in fact rare drops, which means, that instead of your nothing drops, there is a CHANCE you will recieve something of this nature.

So please don't flame me for using some logic, as it is obvious from my original post that i have read the ROW article, and I, unlike yourself, actually understood it.

Edit: Also, in the last ~200 solo bandos kills, i have never recieved; rune javelins, gems or 'nothing', and i have recieved 2x Bandos Boots + 2x Godsword Shard, all with a ring of wealth :)

Edited by blackeagle4
black_eagle4.png

I have read it through a few times, and NEVER did they say that gems, rune javelins or keys where rare items, in fact, they didn't state what are on the rare items list, just that some have very rare drops (visages/ godsword pieces)

Also notice that the phrase 'Very Rare' has the word 'Rare' in it, which thus proves that visages and hilts are in fact rare drops, which means, that instead of your nothing drops, there is a CHANCE you will recieve something of this nature.

So please don't flame me for using some logic, as it is obvious from my original post that i have read the ROW article, and I, unlike yourself, actually understood it.

Edit: Also, in the last ~200 solo bandos kills, i have never recieved; rune javelins, gems or 'nothing', and i have recieved 2x Bandos Boots + 2x Godsword Shard, all with a ring of wealth :)

Read this part once again:

The rare drop table contains some of the more exclusive items in the game, including, but not limited to, dragon items, certain rune items, shield halves, key parts and uncut gems.

And this one:

There are, however, certain very rare drops that are not on the rare drop table, because they are specific to certain NPCs or NPC types (e.g. the draconic visage is only ever dropped by dragons; godsword pieces only by the God Wars Dungeon bosses) and it would not make sense for these items to be dropped by, say, a fire giant.

Each monster's class is a subclass of a Monster class. This class implements a drop system class - meaning that every monster uses the same system. The only difference is that the table slots assigned to each monster are filled in differently. You ask why they would make the item so useless; there are two reasons.

• The "rare drop wheel" is shared by all monsters so the item drop class would have to be lengthily modified or even scrapped to merge two different drop "wheels"
  • The ring of wealth was released when these were the rarest drops in the game, and Jagex does not tend to change items as new updates are released, instead choosing to release replacements for them.

And please don't talk about a 200 sample size as having any meaning. A sample of 200 kills is not even a sliver of the smallest fraction of a percent of the sample size needed to accurately estimate the drop percentages for each item on the table.

2496 Completionist

There are, however, certain very rare drops that are not on the rare drop table

The ring of wealth comes into play whenever you are rolling on the rare drop table

QED, The Logical Crusader of Can't Read

Edit: I r a sad Guido now. :( Been using ROW for ages... I've always loved you, ROW!!! And I always will!!! ... Just in my bank from now on... It'll be our little secret...

guido_49.png

The ring of wealth comes into play whenever you are rolling on the rare drop table

Obviously i can't read, however it still makes no sense for the ring to even exist if it has no actually useful use.

black_eagle4.png

Obviously i can't read, however it still makes no sense for the ring to even exist if it has no actually useful use.

I know... I'm crying IRL... Why not just a 1% boost to special items. :( I have like 20 something ROW's from pking, too. Lol.

guido_49.png

I think what people need to keep in mind here...is that drops like the D spear and shield half used to be worth millions.

In the past, the ring of wealth really did increase the chances of making more money, but now, after 7 years+, these items have become very inexpensive. They're still a nice little bonus to a task though, I wouldn't say no to a 32k drop from a Hill Giant.

T

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I think people need to get over it a bit. For people who aren't wading through millions of GP, the ring might well be useful to helping to grow their funds. I don't remember ever it being said that the ring is, and should only be, benefical to high levels.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

The only rare drop that might be worthwhile is the gem drop. I have had them in copious quantities doing 99 slayer. I only had 2 or 3 d Meds, and 2 d spears. The last two weren't worth wearing the ring. But maybe the gems make a difference?

I just wonder how much more gems you pick up with a RoW and if that could possibly the only reason to wear it.

I'm definitely not going to wear my RoW any more though. It seems pretty useless.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

nevermind lol, you're right ROW is pretty dang worthless

You guys are right. I sure would rather get nothing than something!

killing abyssal demons 1% faster with a berzerker ring makes a more noticeable impact on profit than this lol, plus more exp. there is literally no reason to ever use it.

They should just officially rename it to the Ring of Junk.

Yeah and they should totally claim it improves your junk while you wear it.

Glad I never bothered to wear it really, it's even more useless than I suspected :P

2dvjurb.png

I think people need to get over it a bit. For people who aren't wading through millions of GP, the ring might well be useful to helping to grow their funds. I don't remember ever it being said that the ring is, and should only be, benefical to high levels.

I don't think anyone is claiming that.

We've known for a very very long time that certain drops are connected (Gems, half keys, rune javelins, dragon spear, shield left half and possibly some more). 95% of monsters in the game will drop these (the only monster that drops gems that doesn't drop any of the others at Tzhaar I believe).

The ring was indeed once useful, when spears were 1M and shield halves were 7M.

Considering all drops that it makes it more likely to get are <100k it's not a huge deal and if you can afford it a warrior or a berserker ring for melee would most likely be better due to getting more kills in the same amount of time and thus get more drops. While the ring of wealth is obviously worth wearing if you have nothing better, or don't feel like risking your Freminnik rings in dangerous places (although I'd imagine you'd want a RoL instead in those situations).

It's nice of Jagex to finally reveal how the drop system works, we've known 80% of it for a while, the only thing we didn't know was what was considered a 'rare' drop. Now that we know it's ONLY the items that are standard rare drops are on it, it backs up the point that it doesn't help with getting the monster specific rare drops.

Also, in regards to the secondary drop table, it's not limited to just Charms. Slayer Heads and Clues are two additional drops on that table. Clues used to be their own separate drop and now however they are dropped with another item, same with slayer heads.

nevermind lol, you're right ROW is pretty dang worthless

You guys are right. I sure would rather get nothing than something!

killing abyssal demons 1% faster with a berzerker ring makes a more noticeable impact on profit than this lol, plus more exp. there is literally no reason to ever use it.

So if you are killing abyssal demons 1% faster, that means that for every 100 kills you get, you get 1 extra kill. If we take the drop rate to be 1 in 300 for a whip, which is what I have roughly found it to be, that means that for every 30,000 kills you get an extra 300 kills, which will give you an extra whip. How does an extra whip in 30,000 kills compare to all your "no drops" being eliminated for 30,000 kills? It's hard to say. But I can tell you that for the comparison of a ring with multiple million GP to a ring worth only several thousands, the ring of wealth is more efficent at gaining you wealth.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

On most NPCs' drop tables, there is a small chance that instead of receiving an item from its own drop table, you will instead get a roll again on the 'rare drop table'. The rare drop table contains some of the more exclusive items in the game, including, but not limited to, dragon items, certain rune items, shield halves, key parts and uncut gems. The rare table also contains 'empty slots' - the end result of landing on these empty slots is often referred to as receiving 'no drop' or 'bone drop'. We keep these slots empty for any future drops that we want to add to this table.

The rare drop table is shared between a variety of NPCs - e.g. goblins, fire giants, most Slayer creatures. A good way to tell is that if an NPC is known to drop a half key, then it will drop other items from the rare drop table. There are, however, certain very rare drops that are not on the rare drop table, because they are specific to certain NPCs or NPC types (e.g. the draconic visage is only ever dropped by dragons; godsword pieces only by the God Wars Dungeon bosses) and it would not make sense for these items to be dropped by, say, a fire giant.

The ring of wealth comes into play whenever you are rolling on the rare drop table, its ability effectively removing most of the empty slots, drastically increasing your chances of receiving an item from the rare drop table. The actual percentage increase differs between NPCs. Adventurers who make regular use of a ring of wealth should find that they receive fewer 'no drops' than adventurers who do not, and, therefore, receive more rare drops and, in the long run, gain more wealth.

I don't know how your supposed to interpret it.

Visage is a 3rd drop like clue scrolls, but I've never ever seen shards or hilts has the same 3rd drop style.

IMO this confuses matters.

If shards which are more common then GWD armour/weapons and certain slayer drops aren't affected by RoW are those other drops? As the article seems to class them as very rare which whip is more rare then a shard drop (if you could only kill as many graa's as you can abyssal demons).

So the only rare drop table is dragon spears, gems and half keys? :wall:

As the rare drop table never changes according to that post.

That is the biggest load of **** ever if they had said that in the first place I would have never used RoW ever.

I still feel its not quite right though.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

So the only rare drop table is dragon spears, gems and half keys? :wall:

As the rare drop table never changes according to that post.

Correct.

Visages/Whips/Hilts/Shards other 'rare' drops are on the monsters normal tables, however they have a lower drop chance than the more common drops on the normal table.

Real question is, why did they bother making it? I never remember Dragon Spears being worth much when they were first released...

When dragon squares were still the best shield in the game, and if i remember correctly the second most expensive item in the game, second only to the dragon chain, an item increasing the chance of it was a very good idea.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^