Ring of Wealth

Bladewing

As easy as I can make without confusing people.

row.png

Dragon items are spears and half shields. The rest are monster specific and therefore standard or very rare drops.

Any item which is not gems, half keys or the 2 mentioned dragon items are not classed as rare drops and not affected by RoW.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot some specific rune items there, otherwise perfect explanation.

Nope if you read the passage rare drops are the same for all monsters. Therefore the rare drops a level 3 dwarf has have to the be the same as corp.

The rune items is either a typo or they have incorrectly written the article.

On most NPCs' drop tables, there is a small chance that instead of receiving an item from its own drop table, you will instead get a roll again on the 'rare drop table'. The rare drop table contains some of the more exclusive items in the game, including, but not limited to, dragon items, certain rune items, shield halves, key parts and uncut gems. The rare table also contains 'empty slots' - the end result of landing on these empty slots is often referred to as receiving 'no drop' or 'bone drop'. We keep these slots empty for any future drops that we want to add to this table.

The rare drop table is shared between a variety of NPCs - e.g. goblins, fire giants, most Slayer creatures. A good way to tell is that if an NPC is known to drop a half key, then it will drop other items from the rare drop table.

Highlighted are the questionable statements.

On one side they say the rare drops are locked in a completely sperate table and never change only they frequency against a monster. However goblins don't drop rune items nor do about 20% of dragon half shield droppers, infact I've never ever seen nor heard of a goblin dropping a half shield or dragon spear (excluding graa who is classed as a goblin). Which means there could be multiple rare drop tables however they state is a single shared table.

Contradictions, contradictions, contradictions.

Welcome to the reason I was doubtful of the article in the first place.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Yes, Ring of Wealth only comes into effect when the monster dies as that is when the drops are generated, unlike other games (WoW for example) when the drops are assigned to the monster when it spawns.

Also, Dragon Med is NOT in the rare drop wheel, very few monsters actually drop it unlike spear/half shield. It is in monster's normal drop tables. This means (unless it has been changed) the drop rate of Dragon Med off Fire Giants is still 1/16k as stated by a Jagex mod back in RSC. I believe that's the only drop rate we know for sure.

I also believe there are empty drops on the normal tables too, not just the rare tables, at least for some NPCs.

One interesting NPC this brings up - Goraks, they drop nothing but "rare drops" (well, they drop claws too). That's one of the only monsters where wearing a ring of wealth would have a huge huge effect as pretty much every roll is guaranteed to be on the rare drop wheel. I'm sure if you camped at Goraks for a day or so, you'd more likely than not get a dragon drop if you're using a ring of wealth especially.

Good info about the Gorak. Haven't had that assignment for a while -- I need to see if I have them blocked. Or maybe Kuradel doesn't assign them?

More on topic: As I was fighting Dusties last night (using zerker ring), it dawned on me that the ring really wasn't helping me much, if at all. I was two hitting them much of the time. But the zerker wouldn't let me one hit them. So for quick kill monsters, the zerker doesn't help that much. It helps most on monsters that you have to hack away on. So I'm switching to RoW on all easy monsters.

Off topic: Earlier I tried to post and found that I had to wait 45 seconds. Is this new, or has it always been this way, or is one of the idiot mods mad at me for some reason?

there is a flood limit for posting. and in my experience, mods usually only take action against people who have broken the rules.

in defense of the zerker, in order to two-hit them much of the time, you would need to consistently hit over 50 (unlikely). and it still can certainly make a difference - if you hit 52-52, you will still need a third hit to kill it, whereas if you hit 52-53, you will not. so it can really help in any situation, although the more attacks are necessary the better it is of course

The rune items is either a typo or they have incorrectly written the article.

Rune Javelins (5) are on the rare drop list. I believe rune spear is too, I know for a fact rune javelins is however. There might be a few other drops too, maybe even things like 100 silver ore, 45 law runes etc.

Also yes, I believe Goblins do not have those rare drops which would just be a typo.

after 5 years of doubt, its finaly put down for good, ROL FTW \:D/

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

suprisingly when i used to go kill for seeds, when wearing the RoW, the higher level seeds in value would show up a significant amount LESS often.

went back to the same place without one, ended up getting over 1.8m in lantadymes, dwarf weed, kwuarm, torstol, snapdragon, toadflax, avantoe seeds just that day.

so really i'm starting to believe the ring doesn't really matter.

Rucky.png

So what's the verdict on the ROW effect on Slayer Trophy Heads?

No effect.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Its not like a lot of us used the ring in the first place. I know many people use either berserker or warrior rings. I personally use charos(e)

But thankfully Jagex has actually told us how it works. Lotta stuff got de-bunked.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

suprisingly when i used to go kill for seeds, when wearing the RoW, the higher level seeds in value would show up a significant amount LESS often.

went back to the same place without one, ended up getting over 1.8m in lantadymes, dwarf weed, kwuarm, torstol, snapdragon, toadflax, avantoe seeds just that day.

I can actually second this, on my abberant tasks, without the ROW i seem to get much higher herbs & seeds.

Its not like a lot of us used the ring in the first place. I know many people use either berserker or warrior rings. I personally use charos(e)

But thankfully Jagex has actually told us how it works. Lotta stuff got de-bunked.

How is Charos(e) useful in a context where one might otherwise use RoW?

punitivedsig.png

I can actually second this, on my abberant tasks, without the ROW i seem to get much higher herbs & seeds.

I don't know if this is correct at all, but perhaps herb dropping monsters have less "no drops" on the rare tables, so using a ring of wealth could have a negative effect on herb drops by making them all more common. I have noticed this at druids a ton, you tend to get better trips without a ROW than with one.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

I'd have to disagree. I still get 2+ snap seeds, and the same herbs, with a zerker then with a ROW. It doesn't matter, especially since herbs aren't "rare" drops.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I am honestly amazed that you would utter such ridiculous claims immediately after an official Jagex source disproves them. Really? *facepalm*

I did not read the KB article where Jagex explained exactly how the ROW works.

LOL ROFLMAO I didn't read that article either.

I am honestly amazed that you would utter such ridiculous claims immediately after an official Jagex source disproves them. Really? *facepalm*

I'm with troacctid on this one. Oh well, I guess some people never learn.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I don't know if this is correct at all, but perhaps herb dropping monsters have less "no drops" on the rare tables, so using a ring of wealth could have a negative effect on herb drops by making them all more common. I have noticed this at druids a ton, you tend to get better trips without a ROW than with one.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

RoW only affects the rare table nothing else at all. Thats it just the rare table.

According to the article its gems, half keys, 2 dragon items and rune jav's (thanks DarkDude98 for making me notice rune jav's) and the rare tables nothing, no other items.

RoW only activates when the first spin hits rare drops otherwise it doesn't do jack.

When RoW activates all it does is remove a few blanks from the rare table, nothing more nothing less.

It seems RoW at avis and other places where its been "tested" have merely been a placebo effect.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I have always been an advocate of the RoW. No matter what you guys "theorize" is the "best" setup to use, I still think the RoW is better. Then again, I typically pick up all of my drops, including all gems.

RoW is a cheap investment that gives you better luck. Zerker costs multiple millions and gives a slight stat boost that I dont even miss when its gone.

I don't care if the only things it affects are gems, keys, and spears/shield. TBH I really like getting these items as drops.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

It seems RoW at avis and other places where its been "tested" have merely been a placebo effect.

Well actually, the ring does work at aviansies--it just gives you more gems. And maybe a dragon spear/half.