Ring of Wealth

Bladewing

Now that they have revealed just how useless it is... Do you think they may add more rare drops?

I mean just revealing it out of the blue isn't jagex's style from what i have seen.

I have to say that you got a point there. They have given out 'some' info on the ROW, but never the exact effect like they have now. And it exists for years now. I wonder if they have something planned. tbh I don't think they have, but it could be nice if it were true.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that they have revealed just how useless it is... Do you think they may add more rare drops?

I mean just revealing it out of the blue isn't jagex's style from what i have seen.

I have to say that you got a point there. They have given out 'some' info on the ROW, but never the exact effect like they have now. And it exists for years now. I wonder if they have something planned. tbh I don't think they have, but it could be nice if it were true.

Well they did mention that the blank spots are reserved for future drops...

But in any case, they promised us they would reveal ROW's workings over half a year ago (with the first few Q&A's, don't know which one specifically), so it didn't really come "out of the blue". I do however wonder why it took so long to come up with such a small paragraph, I would have expected a thorougly built article after such a long time...

Lord_Beloved.png

You do realize that it's obviously not useless at all, right? It's like wearing an amulet of glory while mining, only instead of just getting more gems, you also get more half keys. I'm certain that there are many situations where it's superior to any other ring you might wear, and knowing its effect makes it much more useful too. For example, if we didn't know exactly what it did, we wouldn't know to use it at Chaos Druids because they have no "rare" drops; however, knowing what we know now, we can say with some confidence that it's the best ring to wear there. We also know not to use it at boss monsters like Kree or the Corporeal Beast, since it's confirmed that it has no effect on unique drops.

You do realize that it's obviously not useless at all, right? It's like wearing an amulet of glory while mining, only instead of just getting more gems, you also get more half keys. I'm certain that there are many situations where it's superior to any other ring you might wear, and knowing its effect makes it much more useful too. For example, if we didn't know exactly what it did, we wouldn't know to use it at Chaos Druids because they have no "rare" drops; however, knowing what we know now, we can say with some confidence that it's the best ring to wear there. We also know not to use it at boss monsters like Kree or the Corporeal Beast, since it's confirmed that it has no effect on unique drops.

Yes it has uses but it still has to compete with other rings. Plus the effect is still minor. I wouldn't base my profits on key half drops. its still based largely around luck.

I may make no extra profit and want to use another ring ( i used rol at chaos druids).It doesn't hurt much but it doesn't help much either. A glory further increases my gem mining speed at shilo.

And to further elaborate on my point... Even though they told us all would be revealed soon. Why was there a timeframe for getting this done? Why did they need to package it into an update? Surely explaining the row grabbing a picture and editting the KB can't be that time consuming. they had talked about revealing it a few months back. Why did it happen now?

I'm just saying that perhaps they had a specific future update related reason to reveal the way the row works this week.

For those of us like me, who don't see a use in combat rings, or have the money to afford them, or even feel safe going into dangerous places with them, the ring of wealth will always be a choice. It always has been my first choice, and it always will be.

Its called a ring of WEALTH, not a ring of POOR PEOPLE. It obviously makes your chances of WEALTH go UP, just not in the way half the people want.

For those of us like me, who don't see a use in combat rings, or have the money to afford them, or even feel safe going into dangerous places with them, the ring of wealth will always be a choice. It always has been my first choice, and it always will be.

Its called a ring of WEALTH, not a ring of POOR PEOPLE. It obviously makes your chances of WEALTH go UP, just not in the way half the people want.

The only reason you don't see a use in combat rings is BECAUSE you can't afford them. That isn't just an alternative reason for not liking them.

Zerker_jane.png

For me, RoW will always be the first apart from ferocious ring in kuradal's dungeon. Fremmnick rings boost isn't even enough to make a difference both in exp and profit, and with the crazy prices gems are under, RoW is one of the best.

The onjly ring i could think of replacing row would be Onyx/dragonstone (e), otherwise the absurd prices of frem rings plus their utter useless is not enough.

The only reason you don't see a use in combat rings is BECAUSE you can't afford them. That isn't just an alternative reason for not liking them.

So? Maybe he wants to spend his money on better things than some overpriced ring that will do practically nothing except add a TINY bit more to your stats.

I'm despairing at how people aren't realising that this ring might not be for people who already HAVE wealth, but for people that don't. It's not a 'ring of even MORE wealth' it's a ring of wealth.

I think that if you'd prefer another ring, go on wear it and forget about the RoW - I never remember Jagex saying that it was supposed to get high levels wealth. Just because it doesn't help high levels doesn't in any way mean that it's worthless.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Personally I feel it is great for slayer. When I slay the drops like rune meds, gems, and keys (all increased by the ROW) are the drops that pay for my supplies. I would much rather get half keys over some tiny combat bonuses from another ring. Besides, you could potentially take the extra profit you make from ROW drops and use 5% or 10% prayers with p-pots. 5-10% attack and strength or +8 strength with a berserker(i), your choice.

Soldin_911.png

Personally I feel it is great for slayer. When I slay the drops like rune meds, gems, and keys (all increased by the ROW) are the drops that pay for my supplies. I would much rather get half keys over some tiny combat bonuses from another ring. Besides, you could potentially take the extra profit you make from ROW drops and use 5% or 10% prayers with p-pots. 5-10% attack and strength or +8 strength with a berserker(i), your choice.

It doesn't effect rune med drops, only rune drop it's 100% certain to effect are Rune Javelins (5). It doesn't effect Dragon Legs/Skirt for the other person that was asking.

How many people here actually pick up the low level gems? I rarely have room to pick up sapphires/emeralds and they're the drops that are most likely going to be "increased" the most with RoW, you're not getting a half key every single time instead of a blank drop like some people seem to be thinking.

People are also saying you have to use one or the other, which is not the case. There's nothing stopping you from using a Warrior/Berserker ring until the monster is at low health then switching to a Ring of Wealth for improved loot. If you're so worried about the effect of either then you should be doing that.

How many people here actually pick up the low level gems? I rarely have room to pick up sapphires/emeralds and they're the drops that are most likely going to be "increased" the most with RoW, you're not getting a half key every single time instead of a blank drop like some people seem to be thinking.

Depends on the monster.

i think you should be given a lifetime membership to runescape for finally bringing this to light

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

am getting slayer drops almost everyday if you check my adventure's log.. yesterday got 2 amulet of ranging and before 2 days i got abby whip and before.. dragon boots.. ALL WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

am getting slayer drops almost everyday if you check my adventure's log.. yesterday got 2 amulet of ranging and before 2 days i got abby whip and before.. dragon boots.. ALL WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH

Interestingly enough, I got two rune full helm drops from my abby specs task the other day...ALL WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH! I also got an oak chest in War of Legends...WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH! And I beat Zelda Spirit Tracks...ALSO WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH!

In fact, I've been doing a lot of things WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH! I just didn't realize it had become common practice to announce all of them.

[hide]Ring of Wealth doesn't affect any of the drops you listed. Jagex just confirmed that it doesn't. That's kind of the point of the thread. And even if it did, why would you ever have gotten the idea that it's somehow impossible to get the drops without a RoW? That's just stupid, sorry. :wall: [/hide]

Interestingly enough, I got two rune full helm drops from my abby specs task the other day...ALL WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH! I also got an oak chest in War of Legends...WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH! And I beat Zelda Spirit Tracks...ALSO WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH!

In fact, I've been doing a lot of things WITHOUT RING OF WEALTH! I just didn't realize it had become common practice to announce all of them.

[hide]Ring of Wealth doesn't affect any of the drops you listed. Jagex just confirmed that it doesn't. That's kind of the point of the thread. And even if it did, why would you ever have gotten the idea that it's somehow impossible to get the drops without a RoW? That's just stupid, sorry. :wall: [/hide]

The sarcasm is strong in this one.

a70c7.png

That makes perfect sense as none of those drops are tied to the Ring of Wealth.

Jagex has explicitly stated that such drops are unaffected by it.

So, to unfairly generalize from this: Several people here didn't read the article properly. Or possibly at all.

So:

The RoW essentially increases the odds of you getting gem and key half drops.

And a couple other things, too.

The RoW is good if you don't need an attack/strength/whatever boost. You will get more key halves this way. Only slightly, though.

Uncut diamonds (16k), Loop half (21k), Tooth Half (66k), and Shield half (66k) are all semi-valuable items with increased droprates.

D spear and D med might be, too.

...Great saradomin, those have dropped in price.

It isn't useless. Nor, really, very useful. It slightly increases the chance of mediocre to decent rare drops. An extra 60k occasionally, but otherwise not much.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

So, to unfairly generalize from this: Several people here didn't read the article properly. Or possibly at all.

So:

The RoW is good if you don't need an attack/strength/whatever boost. You will get more key halves this way. Only slightly, though.

Uncut diamonds (16k), Loop half (21k), Tooth Half (66k), and Shield half (66k) are all semi-valuable items with increased droprates.

It isn't useless. Nor, really, very useful. It slightly increases the chance of mediocre to decent rare drops. An extra 60k occasionally, but otherwise not much.

what about chicken meat from chicken and cow meat from cow ? =P

Demario.png

So:

1. They are 100% drop.

2. They are "monster" exclusive drops.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

So:

1. They are 100% drop.

what about goblin mail and chef's hat from goblin ?

Demario.png

So:

1. They are 100% drop.

what about goblin mail and chef's hat from goblin ?

Rare non exclusive drops not affected by RoW it seems.