new lands?

jij29

The F2P boss monsters will be part of the new skill..... *Face Palm* The new skill is some sort of instanced area skill.....

did jagex state that specifically somewhere?

Even if they didn't, that's still a reasonable claim. Just curious

This is all they said about the new f2p boss or at least all that I could find in one of the recent Q&A

1. Are you planning to make a boss for free players?
1. Just one? No. More than that!

So no they never did mention it would be involved with the skill.

Didn't realize the strange power happened in f2p too so ya startin to lean more towards f2p/p2p boss....

Oh and I seriously doubt it'll involve a quest at all for this now too.

Recently, there have been a lot of members’ quests coming out. Will there be any new F2P quests? O_o

Yes, there will be. It will be a starter's quest, so it will be very low-level, but we think we have some nice story in there and quite a nice reward.

With such a big build up I doubt this will be a starter's quest so ya I'm not thinking a quest will be involved with this anymore.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this isn't the new skill. I want another 'Blood Runs Deep' style battle. : |

Although, i'm still sticking with Digsite Barge. Has anyone got any evidence against that? :blink:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The F2P boss monsters will be part of the new skill..... *Face Palm* The new skill is some sort of instanced area skill.....

did jagex state that specifically somewhere?

Even if they didn't, that's still a reasonable claim. Just curious

This is all they said about the new f2p boss or at least all that I could find in one of the recent Q&A

1. Are you planning to make a boss for free players?
1. Just one? No. More than that!

So no they never did mention it would be involved with the skill.

Didn't realize the strange power happened in f2p too so ya startin to lean more towards f2p/p2p boss....

Oh and I seriously doubt it'll involve a quest at all for this now too.

Recently, there have been a lot of members quests coming out. Will there be any new F2P quests? O_o

Yes, there will be. It will be a starter's quest, so it will be very low-level, but we think we have some nice story in there and quite a nice reward.

With such a big build up I doubt this will be a starter's quest so ya I'm not thinking a quest will be involved with this anymore.

Lets use logic for a minute the new skill will be F2P = True

The only new things that will be released to F2P are a starter quest and more then one boss monster = True

Starter quest leads to new F2P boss monster= false(not a fact but close enough)

New skill leads to new F2P boss monster= True(logically if the starter quest doesnt lead to the new F2P boss monsters the new skill will)

Of course F2P could get stand alone Boss monsters but i don't see that happening(where on the current F2P would they be?) thus the new skill(which leads off the F2P map) will bring the new F2P boss monsters.

New skill leads to new F2P boss monster= True(logically if the starter quest doesnt lead to the new F2P boss monsters the new skill will)

Of course F2P could get stand alone Boss monsters but i don't see that happening(where on the current F2P would they be?) thus the new skill(which leads off the F2P map) will bring the new F2P boss monsters.

What makes you say that a new F2P boss HAS to be tied to a quest or new skill? Sure, it could happen, but it's not "True". It's just one option.

I seem to remember hearing that P2P would be getting a sort of 'master' dungeon with new bosses (think I heard it like a year ago so idk if its still in the plans). So if they're planning on making P2P bosses and F2P bosses, wouldn't it make sense to put them in the same spot? The could put this new dungeon anywhere (just stick a hole in the ground - takes up 4 'squares') or, they could make an entirely new area to make it even more epic. The second option sounds more like [the new] Jagex to me.

Jagex has also said that you won't need any other skills in order to train the new one. So if it is some sort of instanced dungeon skill, then where do you get exp? Killing monsters needs combat levels. "Congratulations, you advanced a Dungeon Skill Level. You can now walk four steps farther into the dungeon."

Jagex said the new skill will use all other skills and that there would be combat, lots of combat in the new skill. Just like in slayer you dont need any combat stats to get started but your going to gain combat stats as you train it. Anyway im getting tired of trying to lead people to the light so to speak so from now on go ahead and think the skill will be space travel, donkey herding, boot shining, or maybe surgery this new area is the space port, place to buy donkeys, place to get your shoe shine, or med school to learn how to operate on fatty tumors....

^ All those are more plausible than your instanced area skill.

wth is this instancing stuff ?

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

And instance is something created to be used.

Eg in Tales of Muspah each player gets their own cave and you cant see anyone else when in there. It is instanced, the game creates its when you try to enter and unloads it when you leave.

It's commonly use is to create one off things for quests, or to create random scenarios

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Looking at the photos of the tents and the overall look of the new area, I can't help but think that this might be a new mini-game, just with more of an emphasis on story.

The possible evidence for this being a mini-game is the 3 big tents in the 3 colors of the major gods: Red for Zamorak (or Zaros...I'm F2P so I'm really behind on the lore), Blue for Saradomin and Green for Guthix. Something like the Castles Wars teams lobby perhaps?

Now, seeing as how big this area is, I would like to think that this place can house a mini-game AND be a quest hub, all linked together.

The graphics of the cliffs and such are done really well I think. Same goes for the ruined castle/mansion structure in the center.

Also, is it just me or does this area remind others of Icecrown Citadel in WoW?

Fellsig.jpg

Gomene if this has already been posted...

But...

VTE.png

It appears Hilda has a symbol which is identical to the Void Knights symbol when flipped on its side.

O_O

Probably doesn't mean anything tbh

looks like a snake, a symbol of guthix (think juna the snake)

Naaxi.png

But...

VTE.png

It appears Hilda has a symbol which is identical to the Void Knights symbol when flipped on its side.

O_O

Aye, Juna is the Snake of Guthix (guarding his tears...)

I didn't think of it like that, actually. Wonder what its significance is...

New Fremmenik clans?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

And instance is something created to be used.

Eg in Tales of Muspah each player gets their own cave and you cant see anyone else when in there. It is instanced, the game creates its when you try to enter and unloads it when you leave.

It's commonly use is to create one off things for quests, or to create random scenarios

Thanks for the info !

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

But...

VTE.png

O_O

Aye, Juna is the Snake of Guthix (guarding his tears...)

I didn't think of it like that, actually. Wonder what its significance is...

New Fremmenik clans?

Why exactly would a Fremennik worship Guthix? Wait. Who do the Fremennik worship, anyway?

#rpgformod

I dont know about that Fremnnik-Void Knight connection. To make them the same symbol the fremnnik one has to be reversed.

As you can see on the shield it looks like an "S". But the symbol on the Knight is clearly a mirror image of the shield symbol. I will give it though that the symbol on the shield is very serpentine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Why exactly would a Fremennik worship Guthix? Wait. Who do the Fremennik worship, anyway?

lol they've always worshiped guthix ;)

Are you serious? I've never knew that. :blink:

#rpgformod

I dont think they have actually. Dont they practice ancestorworshipping?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I'm not sure about ancestors, but I think they do 'follow' Guthix, just not very active. They acknowledge Guthix is 'the best' God but in daily life don't really depend on him but rather on themselves. It can be seen in the split of the Fremennik with the Moon Clan, because of a disagreement over the runes Guthix placed on GIelenor. They know of many Gods, although follow none, with Guthix a bit above the rest because he shaped the world. At least that's what I make of it all.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I'm not sure about ancestors, but I think they do 'follow' Guthix, just not very active. They acknowledge Guthix is 'the best' God but in daily life don't really depend on him but rather on themselves. It can be seen in the split of the Fremennik with the Moon Clan, because of a disagreement over the runes Guthix placed on GIelenor. They know of many Gods, although follow none, with Guthix a bit above the rest because he shaped the world. At least that's what I make of it all.

If it turns out to be a minigame I'm gonan be miffed.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.