new lands?

jij29

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this will be next week's update... Not sure if I can handle knowing about that place and nothing about what's going on inside it much longer than a week.... Especially after they've made us wait out the strange power thing for like a month lol

I think it has to deal with the new skill. First of all, it is accessible from a F2P world. Jagex stated that the new skill would be both F2P and P2P. Next, it is connected with the strange earthquake that was seen several updates earlier. If this was quest related, I doubt that all players, no matter their skill level or quests completed would experience the strange power. The last possible evidence is that the guard says "strange power", which seems like something that could be grasped by players (i.e. a skill). Just a little insight.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I really thing that this has to be related to the new skill. In the Q&As they have been saying that the graphical team was tied up with graphics for the new skill, and then this HUGE map expansion comes out? I don't know how much graphics time is devoted to making a huge map area like that, but I would have to believe that it is not insignificant.

Also, has anyone tried talking to any of the Fremminkins in Relleka, to see what they have to say about the situation. Surely something this masive would get some type of new dialog from the Seer or the Chief if it is indead related to the fremmy already in game.

Does anyone else see the Pick of Destiny in the flag?

New skill is Bard. I called it. [/Mindless and stupid speculation]

Has anyone checked the Digsite Barge? That dock looking thing to the East looks suspicious.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

i discovered a source jagex might have considered while designing this new island:

preview.png

jokes.jpg

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Guest TensuUesugi

It seems to me it could be many possible things at first i thought it had to do with zaros ressurection but now im not sure could have somthing to do with dragonkin or maybe a new boss highly doubt the new skills ready for release though.

Nobody else thinks this is just a really big port? The Eastern magic is the "strange power". The fremmenik is containing this in the belief that it's evil. You get to fight it, and eventually you are to seek the source. So obviously, you get to sail to the eastern lands. (dunn!)

And the new skill is exploring :D! The higher it is, the further you can push through this strange land! YAy!!1

I hope that it isn't an instanced dungeon.. Co-op sucks..

Nobody else thinks this is just a really big port? The Eastern magic is the "strange power". The fremmenik is containing this in the belief that it's evil. You get to fight it, and eventually you are to seek the source. So obviously, you get to sail to the eastern lands. (dunn!)

And the new skill is exploring :D! The higher it is, the further you can push through this strange land! YAy!!1

I hope that it isn't an instanced dungeon.. Co-op sucks..

Sweet baby jesus.

More seriously, Instanced dungeons are awesome.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Sweet, that's what I call a map expansion! :thumbsup: On to the speculation!

Don't think you can get any info from the colours of the tents as they were probably set up by the Fremmenik anyway. I can confirm that the symbols on the tents and standards are nothing like we've ever seen before, although I suspect that they're actually Fremmenik ones. I don't think we've encountered any of their symbols until now. I think this castle will bring us some sort of boss monster as mentioned in the Q&A's. It's evil for sure, and powerful enough to cause a power surge through the whole of Gielenor. It's apparently civilized as well if it built the castle. It could of course be that it found the ruins or killed the former inhabitants. I have my doubts about the Dragon Kin. Yes, they fit the description, but they already have a ruined castle just north of this one. Seems a bit strange to me. But it's not a wild guess; They are evil (or at least malevolent) and powerful, and have lived in the Wilderness in ages past.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Curse my inability to do WGS. I have almost no idea what you're talking about...Dragonkin? Wut?

I'm still convinced it's the new skill. Is there a Chaos Elemental puzzle left unsolved?

I too havent done it, but there seems to be some information on dragonkin in the varrock museum (top floor if im not mistaken), also a cuscene in "the tale of two cats"

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

WGS just has a little cutscene after you claim all the rewards featuring the Kin. Its nothing amazing alone, but does allow for a nice sequel.

If you want to see it I'm 99% sure I've seen it on youtube.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I usually do not post in these forums, just read what everyone says, but I decided to post this anyways.

Someone mentioned that it was released one month exactly after the strange power. If this is so I looked to see when Thursday (based off of the name of the Fremmy) will be on the 22nd (assuming that everything related to this will be released exactly on the 22nd of every month) and in two months(April) the 22nd is on a Thursday.

If this true then we can expect another teaser March 22nd ( A Monday, so seems probable), and then finally the update on Thursday April 22nd. Only thing about that is usually Jagex doe not release updates that late in the week, but perhaps they will make an exception to this?

Take this info as however you want to.

70+ all skills. 17/24 skills 75+

I usually do not post in these forums, just read what everyone says, but I decided to post this anyways.

Someone mentioned that it was released one month exactly after the strange power. If this is so I looked to see when Thursday (based off of the name of the Fremmy) will be on the 22nd (assuming that everything related to this will be released exactly on the 22nd of every month) and in two months(April) the 22nd is on a Thursday.

If this true then we can expect another teaser March 22nd ( A Monday, so seems probable), and then finally the update on Thursday April 22nd. Only thing about that is usually Jagex doe not release updates that late in the week, but perhaps they will make an exception to this?

this would make sense given how closely this update fits with the new skill, which is supposed to be released midyear.I just don't want to believe it because that's another two months....

you're probably right. and that this update is the new skill... jagex wouldn't hype this unless it were really big

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I talked to the new NPC's, there were no indications that they were "p2p only".

I'm guessing the area is new skill related.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

it could as well mean that this thursday the battle will begin. im not one for speculating tbh, it will come whenever it comes really.

Lord_Beloved.png

I said it before but ill post again because not everyone reads through the whole thread, this area is will be the staging area/ tutorial for the new skill(instanced dungens what ever the name will be) from this point a boat will leave from the dock area to take us to the instanced dungens/ islands or maybe even a whole continent.

No offence but this is classic Jagex anyone from rsc can tell you they like to tease with releases before they go "live" Notice there is no NPCS running around the huge land mass yet(my guess is we will get to go past the guards and interact with npcs in the area before the skill comes out(the next tease)). Anyone thinking its a quest or mini quest or simply a new boss monster cleary doesnt read what information they(Jagex) put out.... they would have released it straight away they only tease like this when it will be something big ie the biggest things going on right now the new skill.

Please read this. Most logical explaination of the New Skilland once you read that then read this and see how it all ties in with what Jagex has said hereIts not rocket science

I said it before but ill post again because not everyone reads through the whole thread, this area is will be the staging area/ tutorial for the new skill(instanced dungens what ever the name will be) from this point a boat will leave from the dock area to take us to the instanced dungens/ islands or maybe even a whole continent.

No offence but this is classic Jagex anyone from rsc can tell you they like to tease with releases before they go "live" Notice there is no NPCS running around the huge land mass yet(my guess is we will get to go past the guards and interact with npcs in the area before the skill comes out(the next tease)). Anyone thinking its a quest or mini quest or simply a new boss monster cleary doesnt read what information they(Jagex) put out.... they would have released it straight away they only tease like this when it will be something big ie the biggest things going on right now the new skill.

Please read this. Most logical explaination of the New Skilland once you read that then read this and see how it all ties in with what Jagex has said hereIts not rocket science

You can pretend like you've got it all figured out, you're not fooling me though. You might think it's all clear as water but it's not, it's all speculation, you know nothing.

I can't imagine a skill that consists of instances (be it dungeons, or planes, or whatsoever), i can imagine skills taking place there, but not the skill itself being "instancing" things. Also MMG said it has never been done before, instanced locations aren't exactly cutting edge since they've been around for ages.

Even though, i do agree that the new area does seem to tie in with the new skill and it's, indeed, something that's classic jagex. I can't wait 'till its revealed.

Lord_Beloved.png

No it doesn't tie in with a new skill at all.

Jagex said the new skill won't be a secondary skill (ie relies completely on another skill) which completely kills the concept of a dungeon master skill, as how would one fight without combat?

The new skill will be something more in line with construction or hunting then that concept. Hence by suggestion that is chanting/singing.

New location is not directly related to a new skill. In the past big in game hint pretty much always means new quest.

I was around for construction, farming and hunting release and there was only ever extremely small hints. Farming had new farmer drops and hunting/construction was pretty much a bam heres your skill.

To me it looks like a new quest which is a continuation of Temple at Senntisten (location is similar to the ice fortress only at the opposite end and the strange power ties into zaros well) , Tale of the Muspah and possibly a mixture of fremmy quests (lunar dip, trials, mountain daughter, etc)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]