new lands?

jij29

Could be a dock btw, a ship is in cache and so are statues which look like dragonklin + lots and lots of castle models

Guessing they put them in cause it would be too big to download when they do release it which should be soon? :P Dragonklin quest next week I hope

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they're going to make archeology the new skill and this is ome kind of ruins we'll have to plunder (facing dangerous creatures, of course)..

That or anything else, really. A dark power could be some necromancy, or Zaros being resurected, or Zamorak being brought to our lands, or just abyssal creatures leaking to our world or....You know...cool stuff.

Can't wait for that update. After all, last time a spot of land was revealed on the mainland, it happened to be GWD (I think...)

WarBlastoise.png

I doubt its a quest since its f2p (if it is then its not going to be anything major). I'm swaying towards it being part of this new 'skill'. Its the only real viable opinion to the current evidence we have about the skill some of does tie in.

what makes you say its gonna be f2p?

if you think so because its in f2p wildy thats not true: the Summer quests and corporeal beast are also in f2p wildy but are p2p

The dialogue to the npcs in F2P is exactly the same as in P2P, if it was members only the npcs would either not be there or just say that it is a members feature much like all the other p2p updates in f2p areas.

Have you tried this out yourself with a char. that hasnt done any Fremmenik quests or completed the trials on F2P because it wouldnt make sense if your char. referenced something it hasnt done yet??

I doubt its a quest since its f2p (if it is then its not going to be anything major). I'm swaying towards it being part of this new 'skill'. Its the only real viable opinion to the current evidence we have about the skill some of does tie in.

if you think so because its in f2p wildy thats not true: the Summer quests and corporeal beast are also in f2p wildy but are p2p

If you talked to the NPC's in f2p, you could be the one to find out :)

oops...

Posted in the wrong place... I clicked edit, and some advertisement came up... then I have no idea what happened.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The dialogue to the npcs in F2P is exactly the same as in P2P, if it was members only the npcs would either not be there or just say that it is a members feature much like all the other p2p updates in f2p areas.

Have you tried this out yourself with a char. that hasnt done any Fremmenik quests or completed the trials on F2P because it wouldnt make sense if your char. referenced something it hasnt done yet??

I just went down on my F2P noob, and the conversation is exactly the same except the two texts mentioning the fremennik trials.

I couldn't be bothered copying the whole text again so i'm just going to show the conversation i already made as it is for F2P.

[spoiler=F2P conversation (long image)]conversationf2p.png

Orc.png

Didn't Jagex say in a recent Q&A that the skill won't come out until the middle of 2010? If this area has something to do with the new skill then we won't be seeing this area for another 2 to 4 months and I doubt they would throw in this content this early.

I just went down on my F2P noob, and the conversation is exactly the same except the two texts mentioning the fremennik trials.

I couldn't be bothered copying the whole text again so i'm just going to show the conversation i already made as it is for F2P.

Did the use of they in the dialogue when Hilda says "Quiet, Torsteg. They came..." jump out at anyone else?

Makes me think there maybe something else there, as it wouldn't be too hard to determine if our character is male/female and change the dialogue accordingly... :-?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I'm almost willing to bet my life this will involve Dragonkin.

Look just north of the new land. The unnamed ruins sticking out have a spirit portal (Jennica's ring). Which, when entered, shows the Dragonkin symbol. It's not too far-fetched to relate this.

What it will be? Will it be tied to the new Grandmaster quest and the Mahjarrat ritual, a precursor quest to said Grandmaster to give more insight to the 'kin? New explorable area, new boss, all possible.

I sincerely doubt this will have anything to do with the new skill. Wouldn't it be kind of sadistic to situate the main place of training for a new skill in the Wilderness? Granted, no more PKers, but I don't think people would feel comfortable being maimed by annoying Revenants each time they want to get some new experience.

Nothing suggests the new content will be F2P-also, even though they experienced the strange power or can see the new area.

I got my letter from the Armadyl Communiqué in F2P also, and I can assure you that the content it was tied to was FAR from F2P-material (but not less epic).

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Personally, I am looking forward to the legendary dragon dragon, although the Kin are likely to keep him hidden away for a long time. Dragon dragons are not to be confused with Double Dragon, an awesome game from my youth. :)

Mod Mark

Might be resting place for Dragn dragon, and allso hinting that kin will release their might soon

Also, we will be starting to go into more depth for a couple of things weve only touched upon before. The Kin still wait, but for how much longer? Paul

Just about that Kin will be up to reveal their plan.

Personally, I am looking forward to the legendary dragon dragon, although the Kin are likely to keep him hidden away for a long time. Dragon dragons are not to be confused with Double Dragon, an awesome game from my youth. :)

Mod Mark

Might be resting place for Dragn dragon, and allso hinting that kin will release their might soon

Also, we will be starting to go into more depth for a couple of things weve only touched upon before. The Kin still wait, but for how much longer? Paul

Yes but Dragon dragons are years off.. we first need Adamant, Rune, and then Dragon so about 3-4 years? I'd hate to have to wait for the new area for that long wouldn't you? (basically im saying scratch that out) but the Dragonkin is highly possible

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Mod Mark

Yes but Dragon dragons are years off.. we first need Adamant, Rune, and then Dragon so about 3-4 years? I'd hate to have to wait for the new area for that long wouldn't you? (basically im saying scratch that out) but the Dragonkin is highly possible

wonder if well get gold n silver ones.

I could imagine them being like "pets" to the dragonkin eg kinda weak and puney in terms on a metal drag cuz gold n silver soft but like decked in gems n stuff to look lavish

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Did the use of they in the dialogue when Hilda says "Quiet, Torsteg. They came..." jump out at anyone else?

Makes me think there maybe something else there, as it wouldn't be too hard to determine if our character is male/female and change the dialogue accordingly... :-?

It could just mean they didn't wanna bother with "he/she came" changes.

Paragon.png

When the gender is unknown, "he" is the proper pronoun to use. At least, in America.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I've been digging up info on the RSOF, so 2 things, both probably herring's but anyways.

someone mentioned that they saw a piece of the soul obelisk on the island? I personally haven't seen any based off the pictures from tip.it.

Maybe he's just exaggerating

Apparently Hilda means Battle and Torsdag means Thursday

Torsteg's name isnt spelled exactly like torsdag but some people are making the connection

I'm not sure why jagex wouldn't have just named him Torsdag if they wanted that to be a hint though, most players would not have caught the difference.

so it sounds a little fishy. Other than that, not much info lying around

Naaxi.png

[hide=Inside the tent ... a bit]Tents2.jpg[/hide]

It seems that there's some kind of crypt or table inside the tent. And there also seems to be atleast three of the larger tents, a red, green, and blue one.

So, there are bland tents, but there are also a green and red tent, and i heard there was a blue one too (?). Aren't those the colors of the robes of the three dragonking in the epilogue of WGS?

Well, this picture clearly shows the blue tent, and I haven't done WGS, but i do seem to remember them in those colors.

Edited by money123678
lightningsig-1.jpg