new lands?

jij29

This to JoeDaStud: Clearly you were not around in RCS when Jagex built houses(had them fenced off) and called them future player owned house long long long before they created the construction skill ie. Player owned houses. Well either way everyone is entitled to there opinion but im just going off of playing jagex's game for 10 years and looks at both facts and historical tendencies of jagex i can lead you to the water but i wont force you to drink it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't tie in with a new skill at all.

Jagex said the new skill won't be a secondary skill (ie relies completely on another skill) which completely kills the concept of a dungeon master skill, as how would one fight without combat?

The new skill will be something more in line with construction or hunting then that concept. Hence by suggestion that is chanting/singing.

New location is not directly related to a new skill. In the past big in game hint pretty much always means new quest.

I was around for construction, farming and hunting release and there was only ever extremely small hints. Farming had new farmer drops and hunting/construction was pretty much a bam heres your skill.

To me it looks like a new quest which is a continuation of Temple at Senntisten (location is similar to the ice fortress only at the opposite end and the strange power ties into zaros well) , Tale of the Muspah and possibly a mixture of fremmy quests (lunar dip, trials, mountain daughter, etc)

I thought that but then later it says:

I think one of the biggest questions on everyone's mind right now is what the new skill will be. Can you tell us how soon to expect it, or give us any hints as to what it will be or involve?

Saint Kryll

It will involve all current skills of RuneScape.

Mod Fetzki

I'm thinking along the lines that there is a combat aspect and a skilling aspect.

And the other thing that don't make sense is that its F2P too, so it cant be a continuation of those quests. (strange power was f2p too, which both of these are related)

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Why are so many adamantly convinced it involves the new skill?

Am I the only one that finds it EXTREMELY unlikely Jagex will place the training grounds in semi-deep Wilderness? Surrounded by quite lethal Revenants that are more than willing to turn you down a notch?

Doesn't exactly feel like a good place to skill.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Am I the only one that finds it EXTREMELY unlikely Jagex will place the training grounds in semi-deep Wilderness? Surrounded by quite lethal Revenants that are more than willing to turn you down a notch?

No one says you have to go there multiple times. It could be a place to learn how to do it. Maybe after that it'll open up other places to do it. The boat could also take you to another island where you can do it there. And it's like 15 Wilderness at the entrance. That's nothing. Inside the gates it might not even be considered Wildy.

Oh, and Dies, at most you've been playing 9 years, not 10. You can be in your tenth year, but you've only completed nine.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Its not that deep, and they said a while ago since they changed wilderness there would be a lot more updates within the wilderness. Who knows, it might not even be classed as wilderness once you pass the fenced area. FOG and Clan wars are both in low-mid wilderness.

The only reason i think its part of the new skill is i have nothing else to really go on yet, maybe we will find out some more details soon. But until then that's my conclusion.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

it's just such a big scale thing, happening in both f2p and p2p aswell.

also the castle could be to the new skill what the chaos tunnels are to summoning, not necessarily a training place but somewhere to use it.

I see why people think it's the new skill, and I do, to, but why is everyone stuck on the idea that th new area is going to be the ONLY place to train it? That would be idiotic. More than likely it's a tutorial/starter quest, like the Herblore and Summoning quests.

Paragon.png

I see why people think it's the new skill, and I do, to, but why is everyone stuck on the idea that th new area is going to be the ONLY place to train it? That would be idiotic. More than likely it's a tutorial/starter quest, like the Herblore and Summoning quests.

They said the new skill wouldn't have a quest along with it. You'll be able to train it immediately.

And god i hope it's not some instanced crap. Not because that is itself a bad idea, but because I get the sickly feeling that this is a skill that would have to be raised in groups. :wall:

Yeah, and my RS playing is almost ALL Lone Wolf. But I have the sinking feeling that it's about to change.

I detest Looking For Groups (LFG). It was terrible in WoW, it'll be terrible here.

Plus there is always some noob holding the group back or not doing the right thing....Hell most of the time im the noob because i detest team games.

Yeah, and my RS playing is almost ALL Lone Wolf. But I have the sinking feeling that it's about to change.

I detest Looking For Groups (LFG). It was terrible in WoW, it'll be terrible here.

It's the number one reason I don't play WoW. Second being it's overly focused on combat, and third being the price. Seriously though, I like Soloscape. Don't change it please. :pray:

If it is related to the new skill, couldn't it be archeology? Mysterious power is some sort of ancient power and now the Freminik are battleing the power.

Archeology could include running all over the world to digsites etc. Ocasionally you find a cavern where you can enter and fight undead ancient foes for their rewards. This could fit with other skills (WC - chopping up roots in your way, mining - obvious, even finding ancient pots and learning to make new crafting items). You could even include randomly generated senerios by having different locations / shapes / creatures in the caverns.

All I know is that the Freminik at the gate said that their brothers are fighting off the ancient power so it is more then likely somewhat combat related.

Just noticed that the area of sea to the north of the dock, is a slightly different shade of color to the rest of the sea that was added. Probably nothing, but maybe that might where another island or something related could be added in the future. Just seemed a bit odd.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

I'm actually hoping it's a world portal that got reopened recently. Preferably to Freneskae, but I'll accept other worlds as well.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

It's the number one reason I don't play WoW. Second being it's overly focused on combat, and third being the price. Seriously though, I like Soloscape. Don't change it please. :pray:

Instances really suck unless you have a good group. And those are rare. Soloing, duoing etc is impossible for things designed fo a group, if it's impossible to brute force it. Lots of whining and hating. Good groups have fun. The rest are busy kicking noobs off their team.

Instances really suck unless you have a good group. And those are rare. Soloing, duoing etc is impossible for things designed fo a group, if it's impossible to brute force it. Lots of whining and hating. Good groups have fun. The rest are busy kicking noobs off their team.

Good, bad, whatever. I want no part of it. I don't want to do group stuff. I simply don't like it. The idea that a skill would require team involvement to raise it just kills me.

Good, bad, whatever. I want no part of it. I don't want to do group stuff. I simply don't like it. The idea that a skill would require team involvement to raise it just kills me.

My skill level in it would never pass 1. A group skill would suck tbh.

My skill level in it would never pass 1. A group skill would suck tbh.

I hate the idea of a group skill too. But I think it is too early to start worrying about this, because we are worrying over a hunk on new land... maybe not even skill related. We are worrying purely on conjecture.

But if it is, anyone want to form a group of people who hate the idea of a group skill... and group together to raise said skill together. (/irony)