3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

are elys going for ge yet or are they going to be anytime in the near future?

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably soon, they are on the same boat as pumps/disk where they drop tremendously in street value.

At this rate I may as well Corp for my Divine lol

Considering just throwing my onyx n the GE, MAYBE, if anyone wanted some, just say so, and if I decide to just off them, if there's any left after my friends get a stab at them, I will hand hand them over for trade price.

Well, if you are selling them for ge price, i will buy one. I think a friend might want one also........

pere_grin.png

probably soon, they are on the same boat as pumps/disk where they drop tremendously in street value.

i better start making money then lol, also would you expect to them to remain buyable after that point or go up again after a time?

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I'm looking to buy a phat, probably Purple.

I have nothing but cash and an onyx, how would I gradually build up street value?

Help appreciated.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

i better start making money then lol, also would you expect to them to remain buyable after that point or go up again after a time?

I can't see any purpose of them going up to where they previously were before again since

more shields comes in the market everyday. Also, don't forgot that elysian and divine

upgrades tremendously (approximiately 20-25m per update). So when that happens a few more

times, I can see that they might drop to a point where the GE starts selling them.

I'm looking to buy a phat, probably Purple.

I have nothing but cash and an onyx, how would I gradually build up street value?

Help appreciated.

So far, you've got 2 options:

one would be to camp at the GE and wait for edibles to update. The main prize would be the pumpkin

which many consider it to be the currency to buy partyhats. Once you get a few of those, you might

stand a chance of buying a purple for about 3 pumpkins.

second would be to snipe the partyhat itself. Theres a significantly less chance that you will succeed

in getting one but it does work (just takes a lot of patience) and the good side is that it updates

more constantly than edibles. I've gotten a purple this way and worked my way up to green

so don't hesitate to try this step.

People keep telling me that Pumpkins and Disks don't have much longer before they crash.. I am simply trying to get a Divine in the safest way possible. the only noteable items I have worth a fair amount streetwise are 3 uncut and 3 rings.. What do you guys think the absolute safest way to go about getting a Divine would be? (Obviously other than sniping, which I doubt is easy at all)

At this rate I may as well Corp for my Divine lol

Considering just throwing my onyx n the GE, MAYBE, if anyone wanted some, just say so, and if I decide to just off them, if there's any left after my friends get a stab at them, I will hand hand them over for trade price.

I'll buy an Onyx Ring to make Onyx Ring (i) since I accidently turned mine into a Ring of Stone a few weeks ago LOL. :wall: How do you do that by accident...? Very carefully. I even had fraps going and was going to video it because I was so excited to finally be done. :grin: Wish I actually did vid it... :mellow: I've gotten 600k more tokkul since then but kinda said screw it and stopped.

People keep telling me that Pumpkins and Disks don't have much longer before they crash.. I am simply trying to get a Divine in the safest way possible. the only noteable items I have worth a fair amount streetwise are 3 uncut and 3 rings.. What do you guys think the absolute safest way to go about getting a Divine would be? (Obviously other than sniping, which I doubt is easy at all)

I would recommend sniping the sigil instead of the actual sheild? since they update everyday, it would be more than possible to get one. Also,

consider that CS drops will sell automatically for mid to the first offer which means you might save a little money when you successfully

snipe one.

I would recommend sniping the sigil instead of the actual sheild? since they update everyday, it would be more than possible to get one. Also,

consider that CS drops will sell automatically for mid to the first offer which means you might save a little money when you successfully

snipe one.

This, but as a side note, my friends who have succesfuly sniped a sigil have had their offer in for around a week, so dont pull after 2 days. If you don't merch then it's no problem just keep offer in until timerglass goes away. If you do merch, liek me, it can be a pain, i've camped 25 hours and wasted potentially 500-700m merch money trying to get this friggin shield that i want so much. 4 Days going with timerglass no sigil, i pray i get one before timerglass goes :(

MujGunGetDiv.png

snipe one.

So you get coins back for sniped CS items? Bit annoying...I gave up on trying to snipe and scrounged up 3.5 red masks hoping to trade for one med....and then masks crashed :wall:

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Is it worth me trying to snipe a Disk Of Returning?

Surely they will only carry on rising, right?

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

This would be very difficult right now, but possible in the future. There's a lotta talk goin' round that disks and pumps may be in for a crash soon, keep a lookout for that and try then. Might be some guy that just says f it and throws a couple in the ge.

clansig7.gif

Hey guys, I was wondering if 120m + battle robes set would be enough to snag a blue mask.

If I settle for a santa or green mask will I be able to buy over the GE or at GE price. I've never bought a rare before, how do I go about this and what should I expect?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Hey guys, I was wondering if 120m + battle robes set would be enough to snag a blue mask.

If I settle for a santa or green mask will I be able to buy over the GE or at GE price. I've never bought a rare before, how do I go about this and what should I expect?

All masks, even reds, are min in ge at the moment and are crashing hard. There is no need to add high street items like battle robe sets, you can just buy them in ge for minimum price.

Earlier today I saw people selling blue + crown for cash so you can get a deal like that if you wanted to increase your street value.

All masks, even reds, are min in ge at the moment and are crashing hard. There is no need to add high street items like battle robe sets, you can just buy them in ge for minimum price.

Earlier today I saw people selling blue + crown for cash so you can get a deal like that if you wanted to increase your street value.

Yeah what he said; and for buying your first rare this is an excellent time to do so, buy a red if you can spare the cash.

clansig7.gif

Guest ray96

it might worth u a try

snipe one.

This, but as a side note, my friends who have succesfuly sniped a sigil have had their offer in for around a week, so dont pull after 2 days. If you don't merch then it's no problem just keep offer in until timerglass goes away. If you do merch, liek me, it can be a pain, i've camped 25 hours and wasted potentially 500-700m merch money trying to get this friggin shield that i want so much. 4 Days going with timerglass no sigil, i pray i get one before timerglass goes :(

I don't quite understand what the Timerglass means exactly, doesn't it imply that your offer HAS updated, you should renew it?

snipe one.

I don't quite understand what the Timerglass means exactly, doesn't it imply that your offer HAS updated, you should renew it?

The timerglass means the the price has updated to the point where your offer is no longer inside the range. When that happens it is no longer valid and you need to re-do it,

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

snipe one.

The timerglass means the the price has updated to the point where your offer is no longer inside the range. When that happens it is no longer valid and you need to re-do it,

Yh but in my case, my offer was outside the max range meaning i'm offering more than max price, that way i have more chance of getting the sigil. Doesn't matter now anyway,,, finally after a week my timerglass went... no sigil :( I'm fed up i'm just gonna merch and tribrid everyday until i can buy one pure cash, should be able to make 20-30 merching and 10-20 dkin.

Just to clarify, div is around 1.5b street right? I know it's gonna be touch finding pure cash offers but whatever.

MujGunGetDiv.png

Of course you won't get an offer filled if it's invalid, regardless of whether if it's above or below the specified range. What am I missing here?

Also, how did you even get an offer in for a Divine above max price? That would require it to fall in price in the GE, which to my recollection has never happened.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot that sigils decrease in price whenever the BSS increases and vice versa.

So the 67 crafting req panic on onyx never panned out? :pray:

68 Construction, 68 Smithing, 67 Crafting. Hint: They're all really really close together.

One would be rather paranoid if they saw that and automatically thought "OMG my Onyxes are worthless!" :mellow:

2dgucz6.png

68 Construction, 68 Smithing, 67 Crafting. Hint: They're all really really close together.

One would be rather paranoid if they saw that and automatically thought "OMG my Onyxes are worthless!" :mellow:

I was the one who originally started the rumor, and I still think it was a valid possibility at the time.

Onyx had been rising in street price exponentially, we all know Jagex hates street prices and it wouldn't be the first attempt at nerfing an item with street value. I still think onyx is in for a nerf sometime soon.

It's pretty easy to present an opinion on something after you already know the answer, and I never said they would be worthless.

clansig7.gif

I was the one who originally started the rumor, and I still think it was a valid possibility at the time.

Onyx had been rising in street price exponentially, we all know Jagex hates street prices and it wouldn't be the first attempt at nerfing an item with street value. I still think onyx is in for a nerf sometime soon.

It's pretty easy to present an opinion on something after you already know the answer, and I never said they would be worthless.

I seem to remember several "panicky" posts, even if they weren't yours (a la the "oh noes they'll be worthless" part).

It's pretty easy to present my thought process when I originally saw your fearmongering post after reading the quest requirements when they were first revealed.

I should go so far to agree with you that it was suspicious that one of the three would be 67 rather than 68, though.

2dgucz6.png