02-Mar-2010 - Cheating and Exploits

Aidos Drakon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they asked for it ... ????????????

what about the innocent people like me, what did i do that got me BANNED till March 2, 2011 .... uhhh ????

what did I do ??????

because I made 400 enchanted emerald bolts ????

that is cause enough to get me banned for 1 full year ???

[bleep] this game ....

T_Fal.png

I'm under the impression that while enchanting bolts you could actually got more than what you started with ...

I got banned for replacing the 1,000 that I lost while fighting black dragons with 400 or so bolts

Losing the 1k isn't Jagex's fault, so that's not even kind-of an excuse. What I think you got banned for was not stopping the "bug abuse" even after you realized that you were getting an abnormally large number of bolts back in return. Anyone would've figured out that it was a bug, and it also happens to be common knowledge that when presented with a bug, you stop, report, and not abuse it again.

I also doubt that Jagex mistook your money gain from other sources with your bug abuse. I know for a fact they have extensive logs, so it wouldn't have made a difference if you got 5 million dragon bolts from a drop party the day you abused the bug because Jagex would be able to figure out the difference. If I were you, I'd appeal and just apologize your [wagon] off and hope Jagex feels some pity. You really have no case otherwise. Tell them you didn't mean to abuse the bug.

guido_49.png

I agree that people get adrenaline rushes from doing things like that, and that is what makes me so mad, that people do this for a sense of personal, short term euphoria. It's like people who steal and vandise in real life. The city I live in now for school has a history of 'Chronic Vandals', (most of them being youth 16-21) who do things like this for fun. They know they're hurting others but somehow their mind has twisted just enough that they seem okay with causing others harm for a simple nights worth of pleasure. They know what they're doing is wrong, but they know that the system will be easy on them. A huge issue was in the news paper recently about how far the system should go when dealing with this type of blatant disregard for others property and wellbeing. As of now, all the system does is gives them a slap on the wrist and sends them back to do more. Some times you just have to say "enough is enough" and take things to the extreme in order to show these offenders that what they're doing is not right and you are willing to fight them.

For whatever reason you fail to understand that real life ≠ a game. It's as if you're losing touch with reality. I suggest you take a break from RS and spend some time with family and friends, get your priorities straight. I'll say it again, cheating in a game is not morally wrong. It's a game, anything goes. You play it to have fun, nothing else.

The part that you quoted was an example I used was in reference to dicipline. Please refer to the second part of the post as to my Real life vs Runescape view. So long as Runescape is a Massive multiPLAYER online game, it is to be expected that you conduct yourself in a maner that is at least a little bit respectful of others. If you want to exploit a glitch, do it in a single player game where if does not directly effect other people.

Lol, respectful of others? you dont find respect or consideration in the pub with your mates playing pool, you find banter, oneupmanship and social bullying - hell, its the same in the office, same in the classroom, same in the teachers bloody staffroom!

life isnt a great big happy family where you love each other, respect and tolerate your peers

the real world is a very hostile place - dont pretend that well behaved, well adjusted, polite and considerate, morally upright 'do the right thing' people are the norm - hell, i doubt they even truly exist

i would abuse runescape bugs if i could get away with it, just as i break the law when it is agreeable for me to do so - just like you

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

From what I'm hearing, the duping glitch is only "enchant one, make 10".

At first I thought it was pretty minor. Even after I realized it affects many people, though, I reckon the d bolts became unsellable.

I understand why Jagex banned them, but permanent bans over something like this? :mellow:

Hopefully this turns out just like the Penguin glitch.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

mmm. I'm getting a flashback, nice, kind of warm feeling inside me. Just like when RSC was coming to an end, and you could literally see almost no legit players around and noone would do anything, followed up by the phat dupe and the bannings.

Good old bug abusers/macroers. Personally, i would bann everyone who made over 100 of bolts off that bug and/or didn't report it. I wanna see some heads seriously flying in all directions, not just a couple of higher lvl guys but ALL of them. No temp bans ofcourse. Doesn't really work.

Purekilljoy.png

I'm under the impression that while enchanting bolts you could actually got more than what you started with ...

I got banned for replacing the 1,000 that I lost while fighting black dragons with 400 or so bolts

According to the hiscores, your not banned. Stop being dumb and acting like your banned.

patr1ckotg1.png

they asked for it ... ????????????

what about the innocent people like me, what did i do that got me BANNED till March 2, 2011 .... uhhh ????

what did I do ??????

because I made 400 enchanted emerald bolts ????

that is cause enough to get me banned for 1 full year ???

[bleep] this game ....

Did you make them the normal way, or you duped them?

According to the hiscores, your not banned. Stop being dumb and acting like your banned.

He's banned for a year, what do you expect?

And apparently it's from making emerald bolts... something is definitely wrong with his ban.

@ bedman: You can only dupe d bolts.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I think its odd that Jagex feel the need to they us they are doing their job,like they have something to prove to themselves and the community.

Also i think posting the playtime is very disrespectful,that information is supposed to be private.

Stephleref.png

Means that guy beat the 700? hour record that was stated on the web previously?

My friend tried to submit his to the Guiness World Records and said it was too much work because they had to personally see it for themselves to confirm it or have some other form of solid evidence, or something like that.

So that 700 person was the highest of the people who submitted their time to them and had it confirmed.

The world record was 7000 hours not 700.

He's banned for a year, what do you expect?

And apparently it's from making emerald bolts... something is definitely wrong with his ban.

@ bedman: You can only dupe d bolts.

Not true whatsoever.

The world record was 7000 hours not 700.

It's 700 days, not 7000 hours. :P

I'm willing to bet the 1k days guy is a botter, along with the maxed out guy. Hell I think ALL the guys above on the list are botters.

@ Leafs: All over, I've been hearing that this is only possible with dragonstone bolts. Nothing about emerald, sapphire, ruby, whatsoever.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I take it those people didn't really care about the game anymore, so they just decided to glitch. Hell, I wanted to do it, I'm not playing anymore anyway, could've gone out with a bang. But I was too lazy :(

2j3qh46.jpg

@ Leafs: All over, I've been hearing that this is only possible with dragonstone bolts. Nothing about emerald, sapphire, ruby, whatsoever.

you heard wrong

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

you heard wrong

Indeed it was any bolts that you could enchant, it just so happened that dragon stone bolts were the easiest to come by and have a fairly high price.

Gideon (I think it was you), you said that the world is not all happy families and it is a rough world outside the game so should be within. That is not true at all. In the outside world, people may banter and joke with each other, but anybody who has morals understands that at the end of the day, the world is fairly polite. You talk to a person in the street, they won't hit you, they will talk to you politely unless you do something wrong to them. The same should be in this game, people should have respect to other people. Anybody that doesn't imo can GTFO RS and rob an old lady or something.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

did I make them the ordinary way or dupe them ???

let's see ... I went to Shilo mines and for 3 days mined till i had roughly 30 or so emerald gems, then I used a chisel on them to turn them into bolt tips.

next I went and mined enough mith ore (in Fally mining guild) to gather about 30 pieces of ore ... since I already had coal (from managing my kingdom) I did not seethe use in getting any of that (and since I already had some mith ore and mith bars in my bank, i figured I only need 30 pieces)

next I went to the fally furnance and made several runs to turn my mith into usable bars, then it was off to varrock to make mith bolt shafts

did 2 small runs into the smithing shop across from the west bank, made around 500 mith bolts ... next it was back to the bank and I spent a few minutes attaching feathers to the shafts

I attached the emerald bolt tips to the shafts and then cast the bolt enhancement spell to enchant them ( I used 1 cosmic, 1 nature rune and my air staff per enchant)

after that I put all 400 or so enchanted emerald bolts into my bank and logged out ...

that was last Friday (26 FEB 10) or maybe Saturday (27 FEB 10)

Tuesday afternoon I went to log back on to play the game and found out I have been banned for bug abuse (that's the only thing I'm being told) ... what bug ???

what did I do that was so wrong ...

you TELL me if I "duped" something or not ....

if the problem existed because of "duping" dragon bolts ... I ask that Jagex look thru any and all records that pertain to my account and tell me when I have had EVEN ONE dragon bolt in my possession ....

I'm assuming that my ban is related to the news story about cheaters abusing the system of an unknown bug that resulted in them gathering hundreds of millions of gold coins in just a few hours ...

did I sell any of my 400 bolts ... no ... even at today's prices ... I would have netted a mere 300k .... not the mark of a "dreaded" cheater ... and not the mark of someone that deserves to be banned for a year

so, again, I must ask ... what did I do that was so wrong

besides being in the wrong place at the wrong time

T_Fal.png

Kraan, I'm guessing your situation is an unintentional one. Otherwise, they wouldn't have banned you for doing so.

Still, I don't see why banning the bolt dupers is important at all. There are much more serious issues at hand right now. *points to bots*

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I do not understand this..why do we have NINE page discussion on this topic? I mean is obvious they deserve to be banned..this is basically Jagex telling us that "Hey guys, don't be like the idiots we just banned and play the game normally ok?" What else is there to talk about? :blink:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I do not understand this..why do we have NINE page discussion on this topic? I mean is obvious they deserve to be banned..this is basically Jagex telling us that "Hey guys, don't be like the idiots we just banned and play the game normally ok?" What else is there to talk about? :blink:

It's basically the fact that permanently banning people for a minor exploit is, simply put, unnecessary.

Sure, they did break a rule, but for something like this, a temporary, 1-month ban can suffice.

If this was rares though...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I'm under the impression that while enchanting bolts you could actually got more than what you started with ... I got banned for replacing the 1,000 that I lost while fighting black dragons with 400 or so bolts

let's see ... I'm not banned .... let's start with the forums ...

YOU ARE BANNED

Your user account T Fal has been banned from the Forums for breaking the rules in game. You will not be able to post on the Forums until this ban has ended or been lifted.

hi-score still around ... but my adventure log ... nonexistence ...

Your account has been banned. You will not be able to see your Adventurer's Log until your account is no longer banned. Click here to view the status of your account.

following that link ... I get this

Billing Home

Welcome to the Billing Home page, where you can view your current credit status and manage your subscriptions.

Your account is currently banned for violation of our Terms and Conditions.

You may not purchase a subscription while your account is banned.

If you wish to appeal your ban, select the 'Appeal an Offence/Ban' link from our front page. Go back to the main page.

I could go on and on with screen shots and related pictures that CLEARLY show the word BAN in bright red ... but it's not necessary

T_Fal.png

It's basically the fact that permanently banning people for a minor exploit is, simply put, unnecessary.

Sure, they did break a rule, but for something like this, a temporary, 1-month ban can suffice.

If this was rares though...

Well I hope that at least you realize that many people will not agree with you on that one. This is not exactly a minor bug, you can make potentially millions in just a few hours, how is that minor?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.