02-Mar-2010 - Cheating and Exploits

Aidos Drakon

1000 days playtime is more commonly known as account sharing

prove me wrong

Actually, if this guy went to work for 8 hours every day, and kept RS running while he worked his 10pm-6am graveyard shift entering data on a spreadsheet program, he could easily get that much "playtime" over many years. Then, I mean, if he got home from work and actually played for 2-3 hours, that'd add up pretty quickly.

But since this account got banned for cheating, I think its safe to say it was also a shared account or a gold farmer.

Yeah that's what i thought, it's obviously perfectly possible to have 1000+ days legit but the fact he got banned for bug abuse tends to suggest there is very little legitimate about the account.

could be traded too

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Means that guy beat the 700? hour record that was stated on the web previously?

My friend tried to submit his to the Guiness World Records and said it was too much work because they had to personally see it for themselves to confirm it or have some other form of solid evidence, or something like that.

So that 700 person was the highest of the people who submitted their time to them and had it confirmed.

It was over 700 days of ingame time. We were given the figure of 17,000 hours, not 700.

I know, I just assumed he meant days when I replied, since 700 hours isn't long at all

Considering how many people here have over 500, I doubt 700 is close to the best ever, since at least one person has been confirmed to have over 1000 now

I'd like the know what the real world record is, but I'm getting a bit off-topic now

It is nice to have Jagex publicize one of these, it has been a while since they made it clear what was going on to punish these glitchers.

Agreed.

Also, sounds like a jolly good game of scape to me.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

For everyone wondering, as far as I've heard, there are 2 types of bans, temp and perm. Temp is 14 days with no appeal, and perm is well permanent but you have the option to appeal I believe. I've also heard of some people coming back and having their perm bans lifted after 2-3 years. This is all merely what i've heard from people, but it's the most substantial thing I found.

patr1ckotg1.png

Good riddens to them... I also hope the temp bans are 1 year long.

Temp is 14 days. Friend just told me, he made 100mil from it.

Imo that is pathetic and actually outrages me. If people find out all you get for cheating and making 100m is a 2 week ban it will make people more likely to abuse bugs in the future. I'm so disgusted by it I may even post on the RSOF about it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Imo that is pathetic and actually outrages me. If people find out all you get for cheating and making 100m is a 2 week ban it will make people more likely to abuse bugs in the future. I'm so disgusted by it I may even post on the RSOF about it.

The reason why such a high amount is temp is because there are people who made billions. There are still others who had nothing done because they did not sell to the ge and thus were harder to catch. Jagex must have made a cutoff somewhere on banning amount.

The reason why such a high amount is temp is because there are people who made billions. There are still others who had nothing done because they did not sell to the ge and thus were harder to catch. Jagex must have made a cutoff somewhere on banning amount.

I don't think he's mad about the amount of people temp banned I think he's mad about how short the temp ban is.

Indeed. 14 days is pathetic. a 2 week break from the game is something many voluntarily do. It will have 0 effect on stopping people abusing bugs in the future.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Cheating?

[ENTER]thereisnocowlevel[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]showmethemoney[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]keysersoze[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]warpten[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]ISIS HEAR MY PLEA[ENTER] nope...

pfff they made me happy bout nothing. Also 2376=max right? who of the max players got removed from the list?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Not that I know how temp bans and Jagex work or anything.. but it seems to me those players are temp banned while Jagex investigates. During those two weeks they can sort out who actually cheated, who did it by accident, who they aren't sure about, and then act accordingly. I'm certain more people will get perma banned as they figure these things out. You wouldn't want them to go all out and perma ban everyone who even looked like they may have abused the bug, right? That would definitely be a step in the wrong direction. I think the way Jagex is handling this is perfect, and +1 to them!

Blakdragon39.png

A friend just told ME darkpoop is lying.

(hope you understand what I am getting at...)

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I know what you are getting at, but from previous attempt at mass bans (penguins) the temporary bans handed out were very short and nothing compared to what they should be for the offence. It seems very odd that Jagex seem to have a large gap in their banning process. The longest temporary ban I have ever heard about is 2 weeks (all of rs, not just this bug). From that they go straight to a permanent ban. Surely an intermediate should be there, something in a high months.

zqXeV.jpg

Indeed. 14 days is pathetic. a 2 week break from the game is something many voluntarily do. It will have 0 effect on stopping people abusing bugs in the future.

I completely agree.

I expected the temporary bans to at least last for 6+ months; I can only hope Jagex realizes how ineffective anything else will be. :???: To be honest, they should also remove any enchanted bolts still in the banned players' possession, although I highly doubt they will. :mellow:

If it were my decision to make, anyone who made over 1 million coins (arbitrary, I know) in enchanted bolts would be permanently banned, while the rest would be banned for the remainder of the year. Any enchanted bolts found in the banned accounts would of course be removed, whether the bolts had been obtained through the glitch or otherwise.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

There are a further 117 accounts which have been temporarily banned while undergoing further investigation. These will be dealt with very shortly.

Just because you're only temp banned at the moment doesn't mean it won't be changed to perm.