02-Mar-2010 - Cheating and Exploits

Aidos Drakon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill quote something I said on feb 24, 2010.

Has Jagex really been handing out bans?

I know of 2 people who have posted conclusive evidence that they used the dupe, but haven't been banned.

Lol..

090901214.png

brunokiller posted this picture of a guy who is holding nearly 400m worth of duped botls.

still on the HS

then there's the guy who made the video of it. (remove annotations to see username and stats)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6mVH9e8Gg&feature=related

still on the HS

They're both still on the HS.

I'm just wondering what constituted a perm ban.

Well, that guy who made the video lied about his real name. His real name was [Removed]. He still had that name on some pking video he made. But even so, that his account isn't banned. His name is now [Removed] if you want to check later to see if he gets banned or harass him.

Edited by Danqazmlp
Names Removed
theistsRdim.png

Im surprised this isn't making rares go back up in price. Maxed players are always rich as hell. Can't imagine how many rares just got booted from the game with these bannings. Anyone have any estimate on how many rares maxed players usually have? I'm sure Zarfot would know.

Back in the day maxed players had a lot of rares. Not today, IMO.

Back in the day there were fewer players and most high levels (like top 200+ and rich merchants) had a lot of rares. Everyone I knew who was 110+ had rares, sometimes 50+ rares.

Nowadays, there are a lot more players but fewer phats. if you read the maxed player's blogs, you will see they either have 1 or two rares or none.

Anyone find out who the maxed out player was or the 1000 dayer?

Yh dont think it'd be fair to disclose it on a forum though

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Anyone find out who the maxed out player was or the 1000 dayer?

Yh dont think it'd be fair to disclose it on a forum though

I disagree. Cheaters deserve whatever they have coming to them.

theistsRdim.png

They deserve it. That's all that I think matters.

GF Bruno. How long is the temp ban?

Its not a perm ban for two reasons:

1.) He isn't listed on the top ten people banned, when he would have been if he were permed.

2.) He is still on the HS, although that is more a clue and not a real proof.

He said it was a fake...

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

despite what i said earlier, if i knew this glitch i would of "cheated" so that i could get a ban and finally be able to quit this game for good. :razz:

even if i got away with it...well than i would have a few more mill with me.

its no suprising people were taking advantage of this. cmon, i mean...50m an HOUR? isn't it human nature to take such advantage regardless of breaking a rule?

I'm glad that they banned these people. Really. But I somehow doubt only 100~ people where doing it... It seems like they purposefully banned those with more time on their accounts while letting others off maybe. Of course I have no evidence of this but it seems plausible to me.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I'm glad that they banned these people. Really. But I somehow doubt only 100~ people where doing it... It seems like they purposefully banned those with more time on their accounts while letting others off maybe. Of course I have no evidence of this but it seems plausible to me.

If you think about it that kind of makes sense. If jagex banned like 100 accounts with around 1100 total levels and a few days of game play all the high levels would think they could probably get away with it more easily. They'd probably have the thought of something like "oh we've contributed a lot to jagex by paying for such a long time they won't ban us." But now jagex banned very high levels and even a maxed player I'm sure they'll think otherwise.

It's easier to make an example out of a higher level player then a lower level player because people would notice is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Think about it, if those accounts mentioned were all low levels would this thread be this long already?

No but it is messed up if there are low levels players that just made 400 million doing this which is enough to buy like 5 99's in stuff like cooking, herblore, smithing, etc as well as sick combat gear and basically as many ancient spells as you want to power level maging.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

How does it seem like that? They released the top 10 players they banned just to show everyone that no one is an exception. Most likely, the only reason such a few people were banned was because they were the extreme abusers. Jagex has been lenient in the past with players who tried glitches just to see if they worked without really harming anything. Like the penguin glitch, everyone who was in w60 was banned (me included, even though I did nothing) for a day, but after investigation jagex released the people who were just there to see what the hype was about (like me) and the people who clicked the penguins innocently 2 or 3 times just to see if it worked. If they banned players who tried the glitch once or twice, they might have to get rid of thousands and thousands of accounts, I would think. Chances are they're going for the ones who really aimed to screw the economy and get rich: the ones who produced millions of gp worth of glitched bolts. This way they know who's really the bug abusers and who's the people who accidentally triggered the glitch or innocently tried to see if it worked.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

There are still cheats from 2007/2008 which only a handful of people know how to do and are not detectable by Jagex's systems. I have a friend who knew of a CFT since 8 months ago. It has been patched within the past couple of weeks though. I do not think these bug abusers should be publicly noted. I can't recall a time in the 7 years I have been playing which a user was noted for bug abusing by Jagex. I think that the 2-week ban was too short. At least two months would be a better punishment.

Good riddens to them... I also hope the temp bans are 1 year long.

Temp is 14 days. Friend just told me, he made 100mil from it.

The temps were only until they complete their investigation. Not to be rude, but your friend will get what's coming to him.

hzvjpwS.gif

How does it seem like that? They released the top 10 players they banned just to show everyone that no one is an exception. Most likely, the only reason such a few people were banned was because they were the extreme abusers. Jagex has been lenient in the past with players who tried glitches just to see if they worked without really harming anything. Like the penguin glitch, everyone who was in w60 was banned (me included, even though I did nothing) for a day, but after investigation jagex released the people who were just there to see what the hype was about (like me) and the people who clicked the penguins innocently 2 or 3 times just to see if it worked. If they banned players who tried the glitch once or twice, they might have to get rid of thousands and thousands of accounts, I would think. Chances are they're going for the ones who really aimed to screw the economy and get rich: the ones who produced millions of gp worth of glitched bolts. This way they know who's really the bug abusers and who's the people who accidentally triggered the glitch or innocently tried to see if it worked.

You think only 100 players made a significant profit? Considering that people were saying bolts and supplies were difficult to get it is absurd to assume that there were not more people doing this. Why do they have needed to produce millions of gold. Even 20 million is a TON of gold and enough to buy a lot of levels in certain skills.