02-Mar-2010 - Cheating and Exploits

Aidos Drakon

Im surprised this isn't making rares go back up in price. Maxed players are always rich as hell. Can't imagine how many rares just got booted from the game with these bannings. Anyone have any estimate on how many rares maxed players usually have? I'm sure Zarfot would know.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, apparently temporary 14 day bans were placed on all accounts so that jagex can do further investigation instead of just banning them right on the spot. So don't be to upset Dan.

patr1ckotg1.png

Yes, apparently temporary 14 day bans were placed on all accounts so that jagex can do further investigation instead of just banning them right on the spot. So don't be to upset Dan.

That is good, however, it would be nice to know exactly who they ban and for how long.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

That is good, however, it would be nice to know exactly who they ban and for how long.

Dan, think back to the penguin exploit bug, accounts in question got temp banned whilst they were processed (makes it easier than more data piling on on what they've been up to that day) innocent players got some free membership for the inconvenience.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Yeah, I was gonna put in my comment that while it'd be informational to know these people are, at the same time we have to respect these players' privacy.

Not really, when they abuse the game they void their agreement with Jagex and they have the right to release players names (not their real names) as they please. Tbh they exploited a huge bug, and did it knowingly so they deserve what they get.

Curious to know who these people are.

Ya i think they should release these account names to further shame the cheaters

nah people like that just use it as a badge of honour. it's not a popularity competition

being banned = a badge of honour?

ya ummm i dont see how thats a badge of honor. no idea where ur thinking is coming from

Ya i think they should release these account names to further shame the cheaters

nah people like that just use it as a badge of honour. it's not a popularity competition

ya ummm i dont see how thats a badge of honor. no idea where ur thinking is coming from

You wouldn't think getting an ASBO in the UK would be but it is. Immature people will flaunt their punishments around. Being named by Jagex would easily be used.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Attempted to dupe Onyx bolts but couldn't get hold of supplies til it was fixed, sucks

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Attempted to dupe Onyx bolts but couldn't get hold of supplies til it was fixed, sucks

GOOD FIGHT olly, GOOD FIGHT.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

ill quote something I said on feb 24, 2010.

Has Jagex really been handing out bans?

I know of 2 people who have posted conclusive evidence that they used the dupe, but haven't been banned.

Lol..

090901214.png

brunokiller posted this picture of a guy who is holding nearly 400m worth of duped botls.

still on the HS

then there's the guy who made the video of it. (remove annotations to see username and stats)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6mVH9e8Gg&feature=related

still on the HS

They're both still on the HS.

I'm just wondering what constituted a perm ban.

4e0Vn.png

You wouldn't think getting an ASBO in the UK would be but it is. Immature people will flaunt their punishments around. Being named by Jagex would easily be used.

yeah that's a perfect example. And why do people get prison tattoos? it's the same thinking and i was never surprised how stupid runescape players can be when it comes to stuff like this.

id kill for an asbo

me mate baz has 3 an he get all tha girlz

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

yeah that's a perfect example. And why do people get prison tattoos? it's the same thinking and i was never surprised how stupid runescape players can be when it comes to stuff like this.

You have to concider how backwards society is sometimes, if people are good at nothing they say "look i'm a total idiot here's the restraining order I got yesterday" instead of "hey I got into this college/university"

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Cheating?

[ENTER]thereisnocowlevel[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]showmethemoney[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]keysersoze[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]warpten[ENTER] nope...

[ENTER]ISIS HEAR MY PLEA[ENTER] nope...

pfff they made me happy bout nothing. Also 2376=max right? who of the max players got removed from the list?

I lol'd.

I heard you tryed to dupe Usain Bolt but you couldn't catch him

I lol'd again. I love TIF sometimes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

GF Bruno. How long is the temp ban?

Its not a perm ban for two reasons:

1.) He isn't listed on the top ten people banned, when he would have been if he were permed.

2.) He is still on the HS, although that is more a clue and not a real proof.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]