22-Mar-2010 - Fish Flingers

Melencholy

Mod Em said Dark bow colour changing is still coming

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,269,60634116

Great! Can't wait for a Dark bow with a new colour!

If Jagex can implement it with flair (again), I can't wait as well.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that while I don't care about looks, I can understand someone who does wanting colored robes.

But I cannot get the point of a colored dark bow when the weapon itself is pointless for all but a tiny handful of special uses. Are people going to slow down training just to show it off? Walk around with it at the GE?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Rune Guardian inventory pictures would help the Crew update the site! if you have any... :rolleyes:

Way ahead of ya.

See my post with all the guardians in HD editted in the ivent pics jsut now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have to admit that while I don't care about looks, I can understand someone who does wanting colored robes.

But I cannot get the point of a colored dark bow when the weapon itself is pointless for all but a tiny handful of special uses. Are people going to slow down training just to show it off? Walk around with it at the GE?

You sounded like you have not played MMORPGs before, or you came across this 'phenomenon' for the first time. Tons of members log in just to stand around and show off their outfit, while chatting with friends or strangers, especially on world 1 Lumbridge. Same with skillers grinding for their 99s. And I'm talking about mostly useless items like flowers and TT items.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Really like the D&D when it starts, but the time between it is annoying.

It also makes normal fishing look a little boring. :P

I haven't gotten to play yet because I missed the last round by about 1 minute so I really wish they fix the times, but after a while they will correct themselves when there isnt enough people to fill lobbies at night. From reading the RS guide it doesn't seem to have big rewards at all, but I think the game itself is going to be quite fun so I can't wait to play it.

51 minutes till next round for anyone wondering.

You sounded like you have not played MMORPGs before, or you came across this 'phenomenon' for the first time. Tons of members log in just to stand around and show off their outfit, while chatting with friends or strangers, especially on world 1 Lumbridge. Same with skillers grinding for their 99s. And I'm talking about mostly useless items like flowers and TT items.

There are players who do combat that would rather have a useful feature, than a new "colour" to a weapon they won't be using. As for standing around showing off outfitts and chatting with friends/strangers - go to this website please:

http://www.imvu.com/

Besides...rather than making a "Staff of light" which has 80%+ look of a Saradomin sword (no critism directed towards SOL use though), or colouring a weapon or armour...how about making new items? I don't get why people don't react to item colouring, item diversity is much better. And the items does not have to be ONLY for combat players but for all.

Armour colouring however is something that i don't look as good or bad though.

There are players who do combat that would rather have a useful feature, than a new "colour" to a weapon they won't be using. As for standing around showing off outfitts and chatting with friends/strangers - go to this website please:

http://www.imvu.com/

Besides...rather than making a "Staff of light" which has 80%+ look of a Saradomin sword, or colouring a weapon or armour...how about making new items?

Try advertising the website in-game at the common spots where people either stand around doing nothing or stand around training a skill then, not to me. My point is there are people who care and utilise them, why else are some people more excited over the pets and outfits rather than the headline content?

The last time I talked about introducing new items instead of wasting time adding new colours to old items, someone argued that it doesn't do harm to have a more customisable avatar, which I partly agree. Afterall, it doesn't take much time for the crew to add new colours (according to the J mods), and it makes some people happy (quite a lot actually). After today's update, I've changed my mindset to "As long as it doesn't affect main game content, and it's added with flair, why not?"

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Really like the D&D when it starts, but the time between it is annoying.

It also makes normal fishing look a little boring. :P

It certainly makes normal look fishing boring :P

Pics cuz i can :P

[hide]fishing.png[/hide]

vertising the website in-game at the common spots where people either stand around doing nothing or stand around training a skill then, not to me. My point is there are people who care and utilise them, why else are some people more excited over the pets and outfits rather than the headline content?

The last time I talked about introducing new items instead of wasting time adding new colours to old items, someone argued that it doesn't do harm to have a more customisable avatar, which I partly agree. Afterall, it doesn't take much time for the crew to add new colours (according to the J mods), and it makes some people happy (quite a lot actually). After today's update, I've changed my mindset to "As long as it doesn't affect main game content, and it's added with flair, why not?"

Your mindset is good, and i shall use that too. But where is the quests so far? -.-

This seems too fleshed out to be a d&d, more minigame style. Does not realy look like something that I will partake in, though.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

vertising the website in-game at the common spots where people either stand around doing nothing or stand around training a skill then, not to me. My point is there are people who care and utilise them, why else are some people more excited over the pets and outfits rather than the headline content?

Your mindset is good, and i shall use that too. But where is the quests so far? -.-

FTP3 is getting yet ANOTHER graphical revamp AGAIN, according to that belated FAQ for 15 March. <_< Jagex should really start advocating two quests per week once the major issues like updating old skills are over. They're probably the only thing that provide a storyline and setting for this game. WE NEED MOAR LORE!

Zepheras.png

-F1775

FTP3 is getting yet ANOTHER graphical revamp AGAIN, according to that belated FAQ for 15 March. <_< Jagex should really start advocating two quests per week once the major issues like updating old skills are over. They're probably the only thing that provide a storyline and setting for this game. WE NEED MOAR LORE!

It's seems like ages since a quest or major update was out. Hope next week: a good quest :thumbsup: I bet FTP3 will be released along with the revamp, and btw were you thinking that?

Easter should be coming soon. :)

And what's so special about Runescape events in recent times may i ask? :rolleyes:

They come once a year!

Whats not special about that. ;)

Easter should be coming soon. :)

And what's so special about Runescape events in recent times may i ask? :rolleyes:

They come once a year!

Whats not special about that. ;)

Well of course they do, but there's nothing special about Runescape events. Want to talk about this in PM please? :thumbup:

It's seems like ages since a quest or major update was out. Hope next week: a good quest :thumbsup: I bet FTP3 will be released along with the revamp, and btw were you thinking that?

What, six whole weeks?

FTP3 is delayed, I read somewhere.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I really wish that this was a minigame rather than a D&D. It looks fun, and the rewards are fairly interesting. It's unfortunate that I don't fish in the fishing guild or Catherby, so I'd have to go out of my way and use slower training methods to be "distracted" into playing this game.

Familiarization had a similar problem, IMO. It should just have a set location that we can go to once a week. It'd be a helluva lot more useful.

It bothers me that my browser didn't underline 'helluva' with red.

EDIT: All of the other updates for today are pretty cool. I'm digging the color changes for the infinity robes and rune guardian.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This.

I'm starting to get a little weary of all the pointless D&Ds, minigame updates, and customization stuff. We got plenty of that garbage last year, though that did come with some long overdue overhauls thankfully. I really want more quests. Quests that further the overall storyline of RuneScape, mind you. I'd much rather have a low level, story significant quest than a high level silly, pun-filled fiasco. Those kinds of quests make RuneScape seem less like a serious game and more like, Kingdom of Loathing for example.

I really wish that this was a minigame rather than a D&D. It looks fun, and the rewards are fairly interesting. It's unfortunate that I don't fish in the fishing guild or Catherby, so I'd have to go out of my way and use slower training methods to be "distracted" into playing this game.

Familiarization had a similar problem, IMO. It should just have a set location that we can go to once a week. It'd be a helluva lot more useful.

It bothers me that my browser didn't underline 'helluva' with red.

by all accounts fish guild is fail anyway as he appears outside near the reward stall rather than where u fish

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue