22-Mar-2010 - Fish Flingers

Melencholy

Fish: what do they mean to you? Perhaps theyre your primary source of income, having fashioned yourself a career in angling. Perhaps theyre your main expense, as you munch your way through death-defying combat encounters. Whatever they mean to you, there is a band of expert fishermen who are simply keen to spread the joy that fishing brings them. As such, they have opened their little-known island, Isla Anglerine, for regular Fish Flingers fishing competitions that are open to the masses. Doing well in these competitions will reward you with Fishing XP, raw fish and tackle boxes - useful for keeping your fishing gear tidy.

If you spend time around Catherby or the Fishing Guild, then youll occasionally find expert fishermen wandering around, who will be happy to give you more information about Fish Flingers and teleport you to Isla Anglerine. The competitions run every 90 minutes, with the islands waiting area opening five minutes before each competition starts. You dont need to bring any equipment, and there is no need to store any items in the bank before playing.

What makes the island ideal is the schools of unusual fish subspecies it attracts. With the tackle box provided, can you find the ideal tackle for each type of fish? Should you use worms or crickets as bait? Which hook is best? How far from the shore are the largest fish? Are they at the docks or perhaps the beach?

Select your tackle and cast your line, then refine your technique to land more and bigger fish than your competitors. Theres everything to play for as you accumulate medals and awards for various feats. Make sure you use your time in the competition wisely, though, as to give everyone a fair chance the expert fishermen have limited each avid angler to ten competitions a week.

As well as a healthy dose of raw fish and raw Fishing experience, with time, youll also gain the opportunity to purchase tackle boxes, items that should make fishing trips a more organised affair.

Mod Roderick

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Fish Flingers:

Talk to the fishermen who regularly appear on Catherby's beach, and both inside and outside of the Fishing Guild.

Requirements to play Fish Flingers:

There are no requirements to play Fish Flingers.

In other news...

Rune guardian pets from the Rune Mechanics quest will now change colour when you use them on any Runecrafting altar but Ourania. To get a new, blank rune guardian, talk to Clerval after storing your current guardian in your POH menagerie.

Rune guardian pets are also able to channel the energies of the four element altars (air, water, earth and fire) into infinity robes (hat, top and bottom) to change their colour too. These can be changed back to normal by using them on your rune guardian pet.

The number of pets you can store in your player-owned house menagerie has been increased from 10 to 15, but only if you've built a mahogany bird feeder and you have a consecrated, desecrated or natural pet house.

You can now store the Helmet of Trials and Mask of Dragith Nurn, both from The Blood Pact, in your POH costume room.

After completing the Making History quest you can now re-obtain mjolnirs. You can buy a replacement key after completing the quest to allow you to find another mjolnir.

You can use extreme Herblore potions in Clan Wars, providing the Potions option is enabled by the organiser and the Dangerous option is off.

Any players who had built multiple Shattered Heart statues in their player-owned house will find that they've been removed. As soon as you rebuild the statue in your study, the statue will be rebuilt to its previous state. If you had already removed a duplicate statue, any progress will have been lost.

patch notes

Graphical

* Adjusted the animations on the low wall at the Agility Pyramid, and a similar issue in Falador.

* Fixed the attack animations of some of the NPCs near Draynor.

* Farmers with scythes now have the correct set of animations.

* Fixed the melee animations for Caitlins staff from The Blood Pact.

* Improved the timing and animations for jumping over pitfall traps in Isafdar.

* Fixed some of the wall in the Underground Pass quest area.

* Prevented a boulder from being the first case of perpetual motion.

* Corrected a problem with the Zamorak spear animations.

* Corrected the player animations when attacking with a scythe.

* Your stance should now match the fact that the meat tenderiser weapon is one-handed.

* Corrected the rune scimitars icon used in random events.

* Launa (near the Souls Bane rift) now wields her staff correctly.

Quests

* A statue in The Blood Pact wasn't changing properly.

* Rewrote some of the code for the Tower of Life quest.

* You can now put the book from Rune Mechanics in your POH bookcase.

* Brimstail is now fully aware of the events that occur in While Guthix Sleeps.

Miscellaneous

* The Freeze emote name has been made more consistent.

* You can now use a dragon pickaxe during a fight in the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest.

* Fixed a few typos in chat options and various other places.

* Brawling gloves now correctly refer to life points.

* Prevented some overlapping of the options screen text in fullscreen.

* Arianwyn's combat scripts have now been properly updated.

* Moved an NPC that was dying in a wall.

* Updated the Kalphite Lair entrance and, as a bonus, your ropes will no longer disappear.

* Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.

* Fairy ring locations no longer have any options on free worlds.

* Future updates will show the system update information in the lobby.

* Automatically entering the last Clan Chat channel should work correctly once more.

* The lobby is now a little more user-friendly after a few changes to handle text.

* If scrolling through the lobbys chat window, it will no longer jump to the bottom when another message is received

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to know what colors for inf robes i can get. i hope a white one, i'd love white inf robes lol.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

rune gaurdians can change color at altars now!

Best part of the update for me! :^_^: I remember replying to a thread on RSOF that suggested exactly this and thought it would be a fantastic idea!

Edit :- I love how you get this on RSOF, even before they've tried the content! :blink:

silly.png

i want to know what colors for inf robes i can get. i hope a white one, i'd love white inf robes lol.

I haven't seen it yet, but they said the colours of the elemental altars right? So that means air is part of it

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

I'm guessing white, blue, red, brown/green.

I wasn't logged on RS at time of update and now i can't get on until it finishes update, so no infinity robes for me, be bought out already no doubt.

Orc.png

It's a D&D, not a minigame. And we just got a D&D. I don't know if this will be fun or not, but Ill just say I am a bit disappointed.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

It's a D&D, not a minigame. And we just got a D&D. I don't know if this will be fun or not, but Ill just say I am a bit disappointed.

It's not even been released yet <_<

Give it a chance, it actually sounds quite interesting imo.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It's not even been released yet <_<

Give it a chance, it actually sounds quite interesting imo.

Oh, it';s not that it's good or bad. It's just not what I wanted since my members runs out on Thursday I was hoping for something else is all. No criticism of the D&D as yet.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

This actually looks quite complicated, I mean the reward does not seem that great but it seems pretty fun. Also RS is finally incorporating the "achievements" feature. :mrgreen:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Why do you need a diversion or distraction for fishing? I never spend time actually watching my character fish...

Oh well maybe it will turn out to be a decent money maker since you can trade tokens in for raw fish.

Edit: WHOA WHOA LOOK AT THE WATER ROBES I BET INFINITY IS GONNA SKY ROCKET

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada