What computer do you play runescape on?

nightshade53

2r4rj4p.jpg

for a rich kid, I've got a pretty crappy computer and area, haven't I?

I have a laptop somewhere too, oh well.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...

22 inch widescreen. don't even know what monitor...

SPEAKERS :o. Most important for teh moosic...

Coffee.. you always need coffee...

A mouse. without a scroll wheel might i add- I threw it at the wall and it broke.

Advent silver keyboard. Meh :)

My webcam, for teh erm ;)

My crap 2.19 ghz / 2gb ram / 160gb memory / something or other graphics carded PC

My phone

There's my setup.

Oh yeh, my bar of aero ;)

That's an awesome set up, bonus points for coffee and Aero.

But if you think that's outdated, mine is even more outdated

P4 2.6ghz CPU, with 1gb of ram, ATI 9800 Pro on a 4X AGP supported mobo only. Sound Blaster Live with 4 speaker plus subwoofer, and Logitech USB Headphones. Oh and 15 inch, CRT monitor by NEC thats like.....9 years old?

Mouse is not bad, MX518, of course I use that to play CS and other FPs games too, and 20 dollars Func Sync Industry Mousepad.

If I ever need to click coal fast enough in mining guild......1600 dpi and gaming mousepad will def give me an edge.............LOL

PS: When I move to the last page, I thought I was in the wrong thread when other people were posting bunch of other stuff that wasn't related to the topic. I think a lot of mouse goes on sale all the time, you can actually get a pretty descent mouse at lower price if you shop around. Even those standard optical Logitech or Microsoft mouse do really well if you are not using it for FPS gaming. If you do, it won't be enough since their dpi is not sensitive enough to fast movement (unless you are those people that adjust their sensitivity to super high)

But a higher price mouse does not mean its more ergo safe. I have hear people complain about those big mouses with numerous buttons because they wreck havoc with people that have smaller hands. To be honest if you play computer for too long in an awkward position, like mouse is higher than keyboard and away from keyboard, you are going to end up with wrist and shoulder problems, and that's just the beginning.

a happy Runescaper

2lbf1nr.jpg

Processor: Dual core Athlon II OC'd @ ~3.4GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800 MHz

Graphics Cards: 1GB Geforce 9400 GT (left and right monitors), 1GB Radeon HD 5770 (primary centre monitor)

Monitors: 3x Avidav 19" 1280x1024

Motherboard: Asus M3N72D

Power supply: 500W

Hard drives: 500GB (SATA), 7GB (IDE)

Optical drive: Asus DVD Multi Rewriter

Keyboard: Trust media keyboard

Mouse: Trust optical mouse

Webcam: Trust chat minicam

Printer: Canon Inkjet printer

Case: Antec 902

The mousemat's also a 4 port USB hub, and there's a Bluetooth thingy in there. The tower thingy at the right of the desk's a fan, and the silver stick thingy is a light.

I built it myself. eusa_dance.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

2lbf1nr.jpg

Graphics Cards: 1GB Geforce 9400 GT (left and right monitors), 1GB Radeon HD 5770 (primary centre monitor)

The mousemat's also a 4 port USB hub, and there's a Bluetooth thingy in there. The tower thingy at the right of the desk's a fan, and the silver stick thingy is a light.

Nice case. I am wanting to get the Antec 1200 after my classes are over with.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I just set up dual monitors for my laptop, and it runs rather well :thumbsup: (which I'm surprised at considering it's a piece of crap). I'll post a pic sometime if I remember.

Just one thing, anyone know any way to make Windows Taskbar run across both screens, or a good program to make this happen?

(Vista 32bit if that matters)

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I just set up dual monitors for my laptop, and it runs rather well :thumbsup: (which I'm surprised at considering it's a piece of crap). I'll post a pic sometime if I remember.

Just one thing, anyone know any way to make Windows Taskbar run across both screens, or a good program to make this happen?

(Vista 32bit if that matters)

I use ultraMon. Its worth the price, so just buy it.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

-Picture Snip for forum space-

Good choice. The Antec 900, 902 and 1200 are all very solid (in more ways than one) cases, but the 1200 is freaking huge.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Good choice. The Antec 900, 902 and 1200 are all very solid (in more ways than one) cases, but the 1200 is freaking huge.

Running tri-SLI with water-cooling will require the space.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

I play on a desktop that I built myself, which I'm currently looking into upgrading.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

Woah, yeah, you'll need the space. Good luck with your build.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I use my new alienware m15x laptop. I also have a 56 inch tv within 7 feet of where I sit though. I have my xbox hooked up to it as well, but movies and nfl network are fine when tip.it starts to bore me.

-=EB World=-

-Sara - 13 hilt 43 ss

-Bandos - 1 BCP, 1 Hilt

How much did that all cost? :shock:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

A cheap Case, AMD Septon (Pent 4), 1GB Overclock RAM, Nvidia 7600GS, 240W PS, 80BG HDD (IDE).

I'm using old stuff because I dont have rich parents like some users nor have a paid (or decently paid) job. Though If I get my Tax return soon, Im spending 1.2k building a powerhouse+$600 on two 23" Monitors. (plus 200$ on a desk)

Popoto.~<3

[hide= I'm so pro]20100406151611.jpg[/hide]

LOL!, to be honest, everything seems in place except for that box of Crayola Pencils................

I tried not to eat around my desk where electronic equipment involve. One of my friend accidentally spill milk on her Logitech Gaming Keyboard and the back lit function stop working. I guess a lot of them are spill resistant now anyways.

a happy Runescaper

Just put this one together for a friend/ co-worker. Works great for what he is needing. OCed the chip to 4.2GHz OOCT stable. Downed the RAM from 2133MHz to 1600MHz so I could get better timings lol. I played a bit of RS on it before dropping it off :thumbsup:

CASE: SilverStone Raven RV02

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D (Vanilla)

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @ 4.2GHz 24/7 stable

RAM: 4GB G.Skill Pi Ram 2133MHz [downed to 1600MHz)

GPU: Sapphire 5850 TOXIC

HDD: Two(2) Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0

PSU: 1000W SilverStone Strider 1000W Plus

Ever single cable sleeved.

img1050dh.jpg

img1048s.jpg

Still waiting for more water cooling components until I can finish mine...

DR_BLUECUBE.png

HP Touchsmart Laptop -- I have no specific setup for gaming except that I always have a TV right behind or just to my left while playing RS (even though it's not always on) to make it easier to multitask various tasks. Also, touchscreen>mouse for any skilling that involves a ton of clicking (as long as there's little right clicking needed).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

CPU: Core2Duo e7400

Memory: 3gb

Hard Drive: 500gb/ 1TB

Video Card: Radeon 4850

Sound Card: onboard

Headphones: Plantronics .Audio 770

Monitor: 22" Acer

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Mousepad: Razer Goliathus

Keyboard: some $5

I need to get a new processor, but I don't have a job currently (and probably won't until after finals) :(.

[hide]setup.jpg[/hide]

Walt_SA.png

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

I'm playing, browsing and chatting on a Laptop (Dell Vostro 1520) 15.4" (1440x900), connected to a 24" Samsung SyncMaster 2443 (1900x1200) when I'm home. No fancy specs or whatsoever, but it does the job and de 24" comes in handy when I'm processing a lot of data in Excel (it can be rotated, so I get a nice 1200x1900 resolution). I might buy a desktop PC in a few years and I will connect the 24" to it then..

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

-Picture Snip for forum space-Processor: Dual core Athlon II OC'd @ ~3.4GHzRAM: 4GB DDR2 800 MHzGraphics Cards: 1GB Geforce 9400 GT (left and right monitors), 1GB Radeon HD 5770 (primary centre monitor)Monitors: 3x Avidav 19" 1280x1024Motherboard: Asus M3N72DPower supply: 500WHard drives: 500GB (SATA), 7GB (IDE)Optical drive: Asus DVD Multi RewriterKeyboard: Trust media keyboardMouse: Trust optical mouseWebcam: Trust chat minicamPrinter: Canon Inkjet printerCase: Antec 902 The mousemat's also a 4 port USB hub, and there's a Bluetooth thingy in there. The tower thingy at the right of the desk's a fan, and the silver stick thingy is a light. I built it myself. eusa_dance.gif

Antecs cases suck for watercooling though. And the 1200 isnt as big as you think. I went from a Antec 1200, to a Corsair 800D to my heavily modded TJ07. Now that is a big case. Fits my quad, and double radiator no problem. Btw, where did this "Tri-sli watercooling" part come in? The op didnt say anything about wcing as far as I know. And they dont even have three video cards for tri-sli. There is two nvidias and an ati. Wait

DR_BLUECUBE.png

-Picture Snip for forum space-Processor: Dual core Athlon II OC'd @ ~3.4GHzRAM: 4GB DDR2 800 MHzGraphics Cards: 1GB Geforce 9400 GT (left and right monitors), 1GB Radeon HD 5770 (primary centre monitor)Monitors: 3x Avidav 19" 1280x1024Motherboard: Asus M3N72DPower supply: 500WHard drives: 500GB (SATA), 7GB (IDE)Optical drive: Asus DVD Multi RewriterKeyboard: Trust media keyboardMouse: Trust optical mouseWebcam: Trust chat minicamPrinter: Canon Inkjet printerCase: Antec 902 The mousemat's also a 4 port USB hub, and there's a Bluetooth thingy in there. The tower thingy at the right of the desk's a fan, and the silver stick thingy is a light. I built it myself. eusa_dance.gif

Antecs cases suck for watercooling though. And the 1200 isnt as big as you think. I went from a Antec 1200, to a Corsair 800D to my heavily modded TJ07. Now that is a big case. Fits my quad, and double radiator no problem. Btw, where did this "Tri-sli watercooling" part come in? The op didnt say anything about wcing as far as I know. And they dont even have three video cards for tri-sli. There is two nvidias and an ati. Wait

I purchased three 285 gtx cards. The antec 1200 will fit fine for me.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

BlueCube Quote

[hide]

Just put this one together for a friend/ co-worker. Works great for what he is needing. OCed the chip to 4.2GHz OOCT stable. Downed the RAM from 2133MHz to 1600MHz so I could get better timings lol. I played a bit of RS on it before dropping it off :thumbsup:

CASE: SilverStone Raven RV02

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D (Vanilla)

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @ 4.2GHz 24/7 stable

RAM: 4GB G.Skill Pi Ram 2133MHz [downed to 1600MHz)

GPU: Sapphire 5850 TOXIC

HDD: Two(2) Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0

PSU: 1000W SilverStone Strider 1000W Plus

Ever single cable sleeved.

img1050dh.jpg

img1048s.jpg

Still waiting for more water cooling components until I can finish mine...

[/hide]

First of all, cool system. But I just have a couple of questions:

Why would you put the speed on the RAM down? Doesn't that reduce performance? I know computers semi-well and have built a system before, but why lower the RAM speed? 1600 MHz is blazing fast anyway and you probably won't notice a difference, but I was just wondering. Thanks :smile:

Also, what's with the ridiculously high PSU lol? You could easily get away with a 750W on that system.

Great build.

I purchased three 285 gtx cards. The antec 1200 will fit fine for me.

You should have waited. The GTX 470's launch next week and are the same price, but way better (With DX 11 support too). That is, if you have just purchased them recently. I think the 285 might have a little more raw power core processor wise (barely), but the 470 is plenty beast enough there (and has 448 stream processors compared to 240 of the 285), and the DX 11 more than makes up for it. Tessellation ftw. Personally, I would try to return them and get 470's if I were you.

Big_Stingman.png