What computer do you play runescape on?

nightshade53

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW_MITMus_Verti_BESTsmall.jpg

Note: this is an actual gaming pod built by MIT for wow players. it has fridge, the seat is a toilet, everything...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

In all the pictures thus far, nobody has put their monitor at a proper distance from their keyboard, or put their keyboard + mouse at a correct height. The OP mouse + keyboard doesnt even have any type of wrist support whatsoever.

Your gadgets may be fancier than mine, but at least 50 years from now I'll still have my vision and my wrists will be un-operated on. Cant say the same for sure for you guys.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

In all the pictures thus far, nobody has put their monitor at a proper distance from their keyboard, or put their keyboard + mouse at a correct height. The OP mouse + keyboard doesnt even have any type of wrist support whatsoever.

Your gadgets may be fancier than mine, but at least 50 years from now I'll still have my vision and my wrists will be un-operated on. Cant say the same for sure for you guys.

Good for you.

2j3qh46.jpg

Actually myopia usually develops by the age of 15, and its more likely caused by a genetic susceptibility to environmental factors. There aren't any medical studies that have proven a link between near-work and myopia.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

My right wrist has already gone through a major operation (half a metre of metal inside yo) and if I manage to keep my vision until I'm 30, I've survived longer than any of my close relatives. Do I really have anything to lose or can I keep up with my lame setup that has served me for several years without problems?

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I don't have fancy equipment and still my wrists and vision will be probably destroyed :(.

LOL @ Apple's mouse and keyboards having literally no wrist support whatsoever. I guess being trendy and cool is more important than being comfortable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

n00bs.

[spoiler=My setup]

darkknight2.png

darkknight1.png

It's not much, but somehow I manage. When I'm not using it for Runescape, I browse the internet, spy on 30 million people, and hunt down psychopaths.

Sometimes I worry the screens are too close when I'm typing though. I'm thinking about getting some sort of extension cord so I can sit a bit farther back.

n00bs.

[spoiler=My setup]

darkknight2.png

darkknight1.png

It's not much, but somehow I manage. When I'm not using it for Runescape, I browse the internet, spy on 30 million people, and hunt down psychopaths.

Sometimes I worry the screens are too close when I'm typing though. I'm thinking about getting some sort of extension cord so I can sit a bit farther back.

You my friend, have just won everything.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I'm not using a mac emot-smugdog.gif

My Runescape-gaming setup:

commodore-64.jpg

What kind of chip you got in there, a dorrito?

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

That's just so overkill for RuneScape. Like literally. The game is years behind on graphics and UI to warrant a killer setup as such. But I have similar! Needless to say, I don't call it my "RS Computer Setup" - as I use it for many other things. ;)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I play on a laptop, but basically here's how I arrange the screen XD

1. Firefox in the corner, on websites or usually watching Youtube/Hulu

2. IRC down below

3. Runescape in the other top right corner.

4. itunes is docked on the taskbar

5. I minimize and MSN/AIM windows and only open them when I want to talk in them

newsetup.png

Actually myopia usually develops by the age of 15, and its more likely caused by a genetic susceptibility to environmental factors. There aren't any medical studies that have proven a link between near-work and myopia.

I didn't really say anything about myopia. There have been plenty of cases of eye strain, headaches, and general ocular injury that can lead to vision problems. Why do you think the monitors come with safety regulations telling you how far to sit from them? If your monitor is out of your resting field of focus, you are just causing unnecessary strain on your eyes.

My right wrist has already gone through a major operation (half a metre of metal inside yo) and if I manage to keep my vision until I'm 30, I've survived longer than any of my close relatives. Do I really have anything to lose or can I keep up with my lame setup that has served me for several years without problems?

"Well I'm gonna die some day so why not make the best of it?" You make a great point. Sounds like things could be worse for you, so why not go ahead and settle for mediocrity. That mentality is the reason that people even smoke cigarettes. "I can walk from here to my car without trouble, so I have no health problems right?"

I, however, enjoy my health and put full effort into respecting my body and cherishing my time on this world.

People spend 1000 dollars on a computer. A few hundred on a monitor, maybe even multiple monitors. New OS'es, top speed broadband, top of the line speakers and headphones.

But when it comes to shelling out more than 10 bucks for a mouse pad, or 100 for an ergonomic-friendly desk (maybe one thats actually designed to, you know, have a computer at it? not a bathroom counter with a sink...) people cant spare the money. Truly sad. If I only had a limited budget, I would rather have a mid-end system that I can enjoy comfortably instead of a top-of-the-line system that I can use for 4 years before developing carpal tunnel.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If I owned my own house I'd spend money on a desk but I live in rented property. When I was looking around the house I saw the sink and laughed about it.. it's an annoyance now. I also like my face to be almost inside of my screen, so that it fills my whole vision.

I really should have cleaned off the desk and grabbed a real camera instead of my iPhone, but I'm lazy :thumbsup:

16542358.jpg

I see your dual 28\30" monitors and raise you 3. I know the third one's smaller, but I don't physically have room for a full sized third, so I have to be happy with this for now.

And while your displays are arguably higher quality, my Crossfire 5870s and water-cooled i7 overclocked to 4.8Ghz with 12Gb of RAM (also overclocked), quad SSDs in RAID0, a few 2TB HDDs for data, and an awesome water cooling setup complete with 2 MCP655s and an 18-fan push\pull radiatior system will stomp your piddly Mac into the ground. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for life, baby!

Bonus points if you can guess what game I'm playing in the left monitor. Picture is terrible quality, but it's still distinguishable. Awesome game, by the way :)

Now then, where were we? I know I don't really post any more, but what geek could pass up a chance to show off a nice little rig :twisted:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks