• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not using a mac emot-smugdog.gif

My Runescape-gaming setup:

commodore-64.jpg

Now I just find that beautiful. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My set up is too primitive to post.

Imagine a cardboard box running Windows 98 and a fat kid sitting on a wooden chair.

There's my set-up for ya.

My set up is too primitive to post.

Imagine a cardboard box running Windows 98 and a fat kid sitting on a wooden chair.

There's my set-up for ya.

Now that's funny.

I'll post my rig when i get home.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

My desk: 19" screen, lamp, speakers, shelf for school stuff.

All that other crap is overrated, and I would probably kill myself trying to move my mouse that far with low sensitivity.

Seriously, how can you enjoy the game like that.. :mellow:

Then use high sensitivity.

And not be able to focus on anything? Nty.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I REALLY don't see the point in having more than one screen to play Runescape.

I can afford better computers than the one I have yadda yadda yadda, but I just don't see the point, unless you're a hardcore gamer. /shrug

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

It's really a lot easier then it sounds. You have to try one in person to see the advantages. I have the sensitivity set high enough that moving the mouse back and forth 1/4" flicks it across all three screens. But thanks to its high (3200) DPI, I still have fine-grained sniper control. For those 100m+ shots, I simply use its dynamic DPI shifting tool - press one button and my mouse is 1/5th as sensitive, press another and it's back to normal. Mousing with lots of screen real estate isn't a big issue with a decent mouse.

Focsing can be difficult, but only if your trying to play on all three monitors at once - play on one and leave other stuff in the other two, and you'll never have a problem.

You generally don't use more then one screen to play RS, but it's nice to be able to read the forums\check email\watch TV etc. without having to shrink the RS window.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I have used my wifes Ipod touch mouse app to play runescape off of my 42 inch TV. But its not all that great just big. I normally play off of a 21inch CRT Monitor(this beast weights like 60-70 pounds and has warped the shape of the desk it sits on). If I dont forget ill take a picture when i get home this monitor really is beastly its like over 14 inches deep.

I bet 90% of the people here have a better gaming set up than you do, mac's are the butt hole of the computer world.

With that being said.... since my normal computer which was not that impressive considering its age lost its MB two weeks ago, im on a loaner...

766MHZ

190~mb SDRAM

30gb Harddrive

Onboard audio/video

LAN card I had to install just to hook up to rj-45 connector lol

one monitor cause the computer has no card, so I have a monitor beside me not working haha.

I bet 90% of the people here have a better gaming set up than you do, mac's are the butt hole of the computer world.

qft.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Have you used a mac? Owned one for a substantial period of time? Most people that flame macs have never owned one, and some not even used one.. They just use cliched arguments like "there's more software available for windows", "overpriced" etc etc. Most of these claims are originate from when macs used the PowerPC architecture. Since 2006 macs have an Intel chip, meaning that they can run windows if absolutely necessary, but most commercial software is available to macs now. At least, anything that I have ever had a use for.

Currently, my imac has a high spec graphics card (which I can't replace - why would I want to?), which handles runescape perfectly at 2560 x 1440 HD resolution. I suppose it's personal opinion but I vastly prefer OS X over windows. I have windows 7 installed on my imac, and also my laptop.

Of course, if you are a gamer then PC is the way to go. I occasionally play runescape (multi platform), but mostly write java games and design websites. Yeah I know. Wannabe Andrew Gower. I applied to do the same course at Cambridge as he did, but didn't get past the interview *chokeeeeeeeeeeeee*

I prefer pcs to macs I've used macs frequently I will agree Windows 7 was inspired by the mac but the software readily available etc I just prefer computers it my preference, my design teacher a few years ago had never used a pc and only ever owned macs and he's the same as pc users are with macs :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

My computer beats it sans monitors (and maybe graphics but that's a toss up).

Intel Core i7 920, nVidia 9800 GTX+, 6 GB of RAM. I only have one monitor, 23 in or so at 1920 x 1080, but am looking at purchasing another. Cool thing is I built it and can upgrade the graphics, etc relatively easily so if I ever had the money I could blow your computer away to be brutally honest.

I see this as nothing more than a money-wagging contest, however. My computer is about as good and cost half the price... funny, right.

ozXHe7P.png

Intel Core i7 920, nVidia 9800 GTX+, 6 GB of RAM. I only have one monitor, 23 in or so at 1920 x 1080, but am looking at purchasing another. Cool thing is I built it and can upgrade the graphics, etc relatively easily so if I ever had the money I could blow your computer away to be brutally honest.

I see this as nothing more than a money-wagging contest, however. My computer is about as good and cost half the price... funny, right.

I meant it more of a "what computer do you play runescape on?" thread than a competition, I originally posted it in questionnaires and wanted a question in the title. Your argument is quite a standard PC vs Mac one and is valid, but you don't have a mac :) You would have to pay a lot of money to get a display anywhere near the quality of the imac's too.

Dell make a comparable display: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-041-DE&utm_source=froogle

The imac is only £500 more than that, which comes with a quad-core computer (imac specs: i5 2.66GHz, ATI Radeon HD 4850, 1 TB Hard Drive, 4 GB ram). It's a good deal

I meant it more of a "what computer do you play runescape on?" thread than a competition, I originally posted it in questionnaires and wanted a question in the title. Your argument is quite a standard PC vs Mac one and is valid, but you don't have a mac :) You would have to pay a lot of money to get a display anywhere near the quality of the imac's too. I paid £1400 for the imac, you can get a 30 inch screen from Dell which would be similar (slightly bigger with 2560x1600 resolution) for £1100. I feel like I've bagged a bargain to be honest.

There are screens better then the iMac out there; the dell is generally considered to match if not beat theirs. Also, the new Dell monitors use the same source for LCD panels as Apple (http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/02/10/dell.ultrasharp.u2711.hits.2560x1440/), so your paying £300 extra for a shiny picture of an apple on the front.

The main disadvantage is that the iMac doesn't natively support 3 monitors, and the third party USB dongles have terrible graphics performance. You have to move into Eyefinity setups. Three monitors really is preferable, as your primary display is directly in front of you instead of to the side. It also works great for 3D gaming, as the important stuff isn't obscured by a bezel and you still get a wider field of view.

Running RSHD isn't really a symbol of graphics horsepower - my 2 year old laptop that I sold for $460 could run RSHD maxed with 4x AA etc. at 1920x1200. Pretty much any modernish computer with discreet graphics can handle it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I got kind of a problem. I have both VGA and HDMI on my graphic card. HDMI goes to my 32" tv and VGA to my 22 monitor.

Now the thing is I'm tying to set them up to use both, but the problem is.

I only manage to clone whatever I got on my pc screen onto my tv. All that is shown on monitor also shows on my tv.

Now I see many people use one screen to watch youtube or such and another to play rs but with the same pc.

The question is. How do you do that?

[/end of dumbness]

I got kind of a problem. I have both VGA and HDMI on my graphic card. HDMI goes to my 32" tv and VGA to my 22 monitor.

I only manage to clone whatever I got on my pc screen onto my tv. All that is shown on monitor also shows on my tv.

Now I see many people use one screen to watch youtube or such and another to play rs but with the same pc.

[/end of dumbness]

Right click on your desktop and click properties. Go to the monitor tab, and tel it to extend your display instead of duplicate. Exact details vary from OS to OS, but it's not too tricky to figure out.

DeviledEgg24.png

[/end of dumbness]

Right click on your desktop and click properties. Go to the monitor tab, and tel it to extend your display instead of duplicate. Exact details vary from OS to OS, but it's not too tricky to figure out.

Ooo, thanks >_>

What kind of chip you got in there, a dorrito?

You're using a 286? Don't make me laugh. Your Windows boots up in what, a day and a half?

On topic, I'll be using an Alienware m15x ina few weeks time, will post images when I get it.

I really should have cleaned off the desk and grabbed a real camera instead of my iPhone, but I'm lazy :thumbsup:

[hide]16542358.jpg[/hide]

I see your dual 28\30" monitors and raise you 3. I know the third one's smaller, but I don't physically have room for a full sized third, so I have to be happy with this for now.

And while your displays are arguably higher quality, my Crossfire 5870s and water-cooled i7 overclocked to 4.8Ghz with 12Gb of RAM (also overclocked), quad SSDs in RAID0, a few 2TB HDDs for data, and an awesome water cooling setup complete with 2 MCP655s and an 18-fan push\pull radiatior system will stomp your piddly Mac into the ground. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for life, baby!

Bonus points if you can guess what game I'm playing in the left monitor. Picture is terrible quality, but it's still distinguishable. Awesome game, by the way :)

Now then, where were we? I know I don't really post any more, but what geek could pass up a chance to show off a nice little rig :twisted:

Nothing wrong with Hanns G monitors :thumbup:

wow, you guys have any idea how much power those LCD monitors use?

And then I bet you don't even put them out when leaving the room for like an hour >.<

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

wow, you guys have any idea how much power those LCD monitors use?

And then I bet you don't even put them out when leaving the room for like an hour >.<

Around 95 watts per display, so close to 260. Then again, my computer pulls 794. Now then, what were you saying about the monitors? :unsure:

Oh, and I do turn them off, but unfortunately that OCed and overvolted i7 still chews through a good 150w on its own. And since it's a server, it runs 24\7\365. :twisted:

DeviledEgg24.png

Case: Antec P183 ATX Miditower with noise canceling side panels, in black/gunmetal grey

Processor: Quad Core Intel Core i5 750 rated at 2800 MHz per core

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-955-UD4

Memory: A-DATA DDR3 1333MHz 2x2GB Gaming Series

Graphics: 1x Sapphire HD4890 VAPOR-X 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Storage: 2x Hitachi SATA-2 320GB 7200rpm

External Storage: 1x Western Digital MyBook Essential Edition 320GB

Power: Corsair PSU HX650W Modular 80+ EPS

DVD: Black LG DVD-/+RW 22x Lightscribe

Monitor: Black 22" LG W2284F-PF 1680x1050 2ms 30000:1

Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard with backlit keys

Mouse: Logitech VX Revolution / Logitech MX1000

Speakers: Creative I-Trigue 3330 2.1

Note, that I assembled the PC from the following components at home, despite having no previous experience with hardware. Prior to assembly, I had already a monitor and speakers.

I don't trust pre-assembled systems, after having two fail on me after just 6 months of use. This has been running since September '09, without a twitch. Cost about 1700 grand total.

It runs every game I've ever tried on it with maximum settings, with decent if not very good frame rates. Money well-spent? Hell yes!

Runescape? Even if it had Metro 2033 graphics, no problems.

Sorry about the cellphone pics. I haven't got a decent one at hand atm.

pc1j.png

pc2d.png

pc3.png

To multiple screen users...

ONE LCD is enough for most tasks, especially playing a game as simple as RS. Unless you maintain multiple server environments or do intense graphics/video creation, there's absolutely no need for a dual monitor. Spend the money on SLI or Crossfire. :wink:

dontfearthereaper2.png

To multiple screen users...

ONE LCD is enough for most tasks, especially playing a game as simple as RS. Unless you maintain multiple server environments or do intense graphics/video creation, there's absolutely no need for a dual monitor. Spend the money on SLI or Crossfire. :wink:

Proper Multitasking, like watching a movie & working at the same time, or watching a movie and playing RS (I only have a 17 inch monitor and a 19 inch TV that doubles up as a monitor, so I don't have enough real estate to just use parts of the screen for each thing).