Dragon bones price

nightshade53

I'd like to know if or when the price of dragon bones will start to actually decrease. I notice that they have been rising for the entire 180 days graph, are there merchers holding a ton of bones or is the demand actually legit from would-be turmoilers?

I still have nearly 100m to earn before I will be buying bones for 99 prayer, but this will increase as the price of bones increases. Should I buy as many bones as I can now and keep going with minimal cash/supplies?

I DK/GWD for money.

I'm in basically the same situation as you, a few days ago I was about 90m from 99 prayer and today I'm probably close to 95m from 99. So, what I've started doing, because I've been waiting for the day they start to decrease too long, is buy bones as soon as I get extra cash and stockpile until I have enough. I'm currently doing tormented demons for money and I only keep the supplies I use for them in my bank, all of the money I'm not using on them is in d bones right now. I honestly don't think they will decrease any time in the near future because of the curses and inflation but you never know a private clan could secretly be holding on to hundreds of thousands of them and dump them tomorrow. The ge is just crazy like that.

I foresee them rising for quite a long time. Supply has basically reached a peak (green dragons being completely packed 24/7), and demand will either stay where it is or increase, depending on the number of players reaching the point of wanting higher prayer compared to the number that move from that category to 99 prayer.

I foresee them rising for quite a long time. Supply has basically reached a peak (green dragons being completely packed 24/7), and demand will either stay where it is or increase, depending on the number of players reaching the point of wanting higher prayer compared to the number that move from that category to 99 prayer.

didn't jagex also mention adding a mage/range counterpart to turmoil?

that'd only drive prices even higher.

Naaxi.png

The demand is legit and the price probably won't be dropping any time soon. You can tell that there isn't a merch clan secretly hoarding them because so many people kill dragons for money and they haven't been rising high enough each time. They may drop a small bit every now and then but in general they will just keep going up for a while.

4sDIn.png

Thanks to the replies.

I am now thinking back to the point where I bought 50m of dragon bones for 99 prayer, then sold them as I thought it was too much. 50m worth gets me to level 89 now.

fml

You can always use Soul Wars if you arent rich enough and enjoy the game like I do. I already have turmoil and I am going to be doing that for 99, as I do not feel like buying the rest of the bones, would rather use my money for herblore.

I would do the same as some people already advised: buy bones whenever you can.

I was L78 pray last week and upped it by farming dragons myself. Raised two levels or ranging and a level of craft.

I farmed 1.1k dragons in total :unsure:

The good thing with green/blues is you can only hope for a clue since the other drops aren't worth the bones/hides except maybe high level herbs

GL

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I watched bone prices for a month and bought 90% of the bones I needed for 99 prayer the day before Temple of Sennistin. Day after I had to drain about 15 mints into prayer when they were worth something. I believe bones will stay above 5k+ and your best off just buying them as you go. I don't see this changing and as good as ss and turmoil are there is a big demand for bones.

Low_C.png

They won't go down anytime soon, not with turmoil and SS.

My thoughts exactly.

The demand exists for it and merchanters don't help the situation. You can save a bit of money by going to the Ectofunctus, or using babydragon bones instead on altars. But with prayer training, expect a hefty pricetag associated with it for quite a while.

hzvjpwS.gif

The only possible way that bones could go down, is if jagex suddenly flooded the game with more dragons for people to kill, or introduced something that was better pray xp than dragon bones. And by better i mean a new method that is not insanely expensive like dogre bones or whatever.

goro_fujita.png

What's interesting is that as the prices have gone up, I've been watching the tables change in my prayer optimization guide. Right now, it is more cost-effective to use big bones than dragon bones even assuming an opportunity cost of over 500k/hr.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

What's interesting is that as the prices have gone up, I've been watching the tables change in my prayer optimization guide. Right now, it is more cost-effective to use big bones than dragon bones even assuming an opportunity cost of over 500k/hr.

ssssshhhhhhhhhh don't let anyone hear you or else big bones will be like 5k each also ><.... or at least until i get 99 pray :grin:

goro_fujita.png

I am upset that they have been rising at a constant pace over the past half year or so. I was fine with them being 2.5-3k each, but now they are over 5k each.

Not good if you were planning to train Prayer in the near future.

I am upset that they have been rising at a constant pace over the past half year or so. I was fine with them being 2.5-3k each, but now they are over 5k each.

Not good if you were planning to train Prayer in the near future.

As long as everyone wants L99's so badly, willing to pay insane amounts of gold, the prices won't drop.

Where most of the players are cursing the prices have gone up so badly, others enjoy it more everyday.

Many people got pures (me too) and when training them it's better to do on dragons. My pure is 1pray so I gotta sell em anyway, which pays for my arrows and runes...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I'm not sure but I think they won't really hit more then about 8k tbh that's almost 400m for 70-99 prayer. At that point I think most people will have just about given up on 99 seeing as not a lot of people just have that kind of cash lying around.