= New Chaotic Items =

killmenub

Doesn't PVP worlds prevent you from keeping non-tradeable items on death?

You lose everything on a PvP world. On Bh+1 you keep it if its the highest alchable you've got.

I hate training this 'new skill'. But, the rewards are a good incentive, even make's hawks dagger look weak :o. I consider this minigame as a 'bigger sc' that is supposedly a skill now. The sad part of these weapons is that they are only base hits, so not as effective in PvP as you might think. No surprise hits with a special.

Well, these weapons have the capability to hit in the high 500's to low 700's quite easily. I'd be pretty surprised to see that coming.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pvp weapons were popular for their specs, not just their base stats.

i like how jagex didn't make anything completely obsolete with this update. there's still uses for everything, albeit for a smaller niche.

We have no clue if these actually have specials.

When the maul/whip came out we were never told they had specials. Infact when they came out we didn't even know they exsisted until people with the slayer level started killing the monsters.

I'm guessing they will have specials as you'd expect the new 'magic longs' to have a special like the old one.

They would be in the special attack guide.

Nope, reread what I said. When those weapons first came out we were given no indication that they exsisted yet alone had specials. This could be exactly the same (I'm not saying they till definately have specials, I'm just suggesting dont rule it out).

So...you need about level 90 (with literally no other rewards on the way) to get one of these new items, and you can't reobtain it if you lose it? Yeah, sounds great. :rolleyes:

We don't know. Considering this skill goes up to a new level cap, I think the experience per an hour and tokens per an hour will be insanely high in the higher levels. (I'm talking 900k exp an hour which means 90k tokens an hour) in the 80-90's. I can't see the skill having low exp per an hour when you get past 80. However all that you and I've said are assumptions.

Doesn't PVP worlds prevent you from keeping non-tradeable items on death?

You lose everything on a PvP world. On Bh+1 you keep it if its the highest alchable you've got.

I hate training this 'new skill'. But, the rewards are a good incentive, even make's hawks dagger look weak :o. I consider this minigame as a 'bigger sc' that is supposedly a skill now. The sad part of these weapons is that they are only base hits, so not as effective in PvP as you might think. No surprise hits with a special.

Well, these weapons have the capability to hit in the high 500's to low 700's quite easily. I'd be pretty surprised to see that coming.

The warhammer has 30 more strength than a god sword. I'd say 700's are easily possible. And the high crush vs rune armour = easy ko's.

Infact I hope they don't have specials because I think the base stats are more than enough to work well as pvp items. Cheapness compared to other items, untradeable so not everyone will have them, high stats.

I think the speed of the warhammer will make or break it in terms of pking with it. Barrage + warhammer hit anyone?

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

I think the new Shields are really cool.

The three reward shields of Daemonheim 'soak' up damage from any attack that would have hit for 200 life points or more. Each shield offers slightly different variations of this same ability:

The chaotic shield soaks up to 10% of all received melee damage and up to 20% of all received ranged damage. Magic damage is not soaked up at all.

The eagle-eye shield soaks up to 10% of all received ranged damage and up to 20% of all received magic damage. Melee damage is not soaked up at all.

The farseer shield soaks up to 10% of all received magic damage and up to 20% of all received melee damage. Ranged damage is not soaked up at all.

Summoning attacks are dealt with according to the familiar's attack type. So, if a familiar attacks you with a ranged attack (for 200 damage or more), then a shield will soak up some of that damage as long as it has a ranged soaking ability.

Would be great for GWD, especially Armadyl gwd.

http://www.runescape.com/l=0/kbase/guid/dungeoneering_rewards#Shields

+ Saxon is right :P

So...you need about level 90 (with literally no other rewards on the way) to get one of these new items, and you can't reobtain it if you lose it? Yeah, sounds great. :rolleyes:

We don't know. Considering this skill goes up to a new level cap, I think the experience per an hour and tokens per an hour will be insanely high in the higher levels. (I'm talking 900k exp an hour which means 90k tokens an hour) in the 80-90's. I can't see the skill having low exp per an hour when you get past 80. However all that you and I've said are assumptions.

We do know. The Knowledge Base explicitly stated that you get 1 token for every 10 xp, not including any bonus xp for completing a level the first time. That means you need a bare minimum of 4m xp without buying any other rewards. And you only get one. And keep in mind you're not just getting level 90, you're getting level 90 in a skill that literally has no other rewards at all, because if you buy bonecrushers and arcane stream necklaces and renewal prayers and tomes of frost and all the other cool stuff you should get, you can't even get the chaotic weapon at level 90--you'll have to go all the way to 93-94ish.

I don't think you people understand.

Vesta longsword is currently 14m (it was 17-18m at one point I remember). It lasts 60 minutes of combat and is not resellable.

Chaotic longsword costs 2m to recharge and doesnt disappear so is resellable after buying, and has better stats than a vesta longsword. It also lasts 10 hours compared to 60 minutes.

Why wouldn't people use this?

If you die and lose the vesta longsword, you go and buy another for 14 mil.

If you die and lose the chaotic longsword, you go back to the dungeon and grind for god knows how long. And I don't think we're talking about a 2 hour trip to Jad.

No because most people who pvp with these weps use +1 worlds, and you don't have to grind you can just buy them off players aswell I'm guessing (although they dont appear on the GE yet).

Chaotic items/Dungeoneering items are untradeable.

yes.png

What would be the best weapon to buy?

If you take into account the different attack speed of the weapons and the fact that the maul will probably be 2handed, strengthwise they are all +- the same.

(with the difference that you get alot more defence from your shield slot with rapier/longsword)

I am pretty sure the rapier is the best one. (after calculating the max dmg I can do with each one of them and the attack speed ..)

True, if you only consider strength, Rapier wins.

If you consider attack bonus, longsword wins.

:unsure:

"highest crush in game, corp anyone" lolol

2m for 10 hours use, I won't mind for these bonuses.

It all depends on how hard it is to get these things. The issue isn't 2 million gp, it's 4 million XP. That's a lot of time to devote to an item that can be lost. And the items are all you get from this alleged "skill".

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Everyone keeps saying crush vs corp....

I always thought he was weak to stab...

Who's right?

You are, Rapier will rip Corporeal into pieces.

1,5x as fast as a Zamorakian Spear, +9 stab bonus, +26 str bonus.

Thanx, I usually am, but the overwhelming number of people stating new crush bonus and corp made me lose confidence a bit...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Who's right?

and does half dmg on corp since it isnt a spear

a_final_name.png

Who's right?

and does half dmg on corp since it isnt a spear

Corporeal is weak to spears? :???:

Thanx, I usually am, but the overwhelming number of people stating new crush bonus and corp made me lose confidence a bit...

Waterfiends are weak to crush if people are wondering... :^_^:

They do need new, more powerful weapons, I remember back in the day when the maul was the best of the best. It's starting to get borring now and we are lacking new and exciting combat weapons. They added ancient magic and new bows and arrows which are almost unmatched compared to hand to hand based weapons. It's time for some new ones...

r_a_u_m.png

They do need new, more powerful weapons, I remember back in the day when the maul was the best of the best. It's starting to get borring now and we are lacking new and exciting combat weapons. They added ancient magic and new bows and arrows which are almost unmatched compared to hand to hand based weapons. It's time for some new ones...

I looked at your signature and disregarded your entire post.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Well to be honest, it may be one of those "If you fill out X surveys, you get Y bucks which you can cash in for a membership card." I am still not clicking on that link though.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Well to be honest, it may be one of those "If you fill out X surveys, you get Y bucks which you can cash in for a membership card." I am still not clicking on that link though.

That crossed my mind as well, but then I saw the post count.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Damn. Everyone should get their facts right. Corporeal beast will halve all non spear damage (not sure about ranged). So he's not just weak to stab. He's weak to stab if you have a spear.

No chaotic weapon will beat Zs against Corporeal beast.

However; The rapier is as fast as, or faster than a whip. Coupled with the fact it trains strength, and has 20 more strength/attack bonuses, it's the best dps weapon in the game for melee. The maul would either be Godsword or 2h speed. Perhaps faster, I'm not sure, but with 20 more strength bonuses than a godsword, and 167 crush bonus, it should do pretty well at Bandos.

The Longsword... I don't know about that. I think it's going to be like a onehanded godsword. I'm not sure.

Rapier is actually the same as shortsword.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/combat_weapon_types

This KB page gives a rough idea of how the attack speed system works. Swords are tier 6 attack speed, along with Daggers, Scimitars, Zamorakian Spear, Saradomin Sword, Abyssal Whip, and several others.

The in-game rapiers and daggers are both tier 6, but as no one has the Chaotic Rapier yet, we can only guess that it's the same.

Rapier is actually the same as shortsword.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/combat_weapon_types

This KB page gives a rough idea of how the attack speed system works. Swords are tier 6 attack speed, along with Daggers, Scimitars, Zamorakian Spear, Saradomin Sword, Abyssal Whip, and several others.

The in-game rapiers and daggers are both tier 6, but as no one has the Chaotic Rapier yet, we can only guess that it's the same.

I assume it's reasonable to guess weapon speeds with the fact that similiar weapons can be used within the dungeon.