killmenub

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps saying crush vs corp....

I always thought he was weak to stab...

Who's right?

You are, Rapier will rip Corporeal into pieces.

1,5x as fast as a Zamorakian Spear, +9 stab bonus, +26 str bonus.

If the assumptions were correct in that the rapier has a speed equivalent to a scimitar/short sword, then the rapier has equivalent speed to the Zamorakian spear. Z spear has the same exact speed as a whip.

Also as a side note I'd like to say that the Corporeal Beast is weak to STAB from SPEARS specifically, but the Statius Warhammer is commonly used (ON CRUSH) for its special attack.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Rapier is actually the same as shortsword.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/combat_weapon_types

This KB page gives a rough idea of how the attack speed system works. Swords are tier 6 attack speed, along with Daggers, Scimitars, Zamorakian Spear, Saradomin Sword, Abyssal Whip, and several others.

The in-game rapiers and daggers are both tier 6, but as no one has the Chaotic Rapier yet, we can only guess that it's the same.

I assume it's reasonable to guess weapon speeds with the fact that similiar weapons can be used within the dungeon.

It's reasonable, but not a sure thing. The Staff of Light is meant to be an advanced Slayer Staff (judging by it's ability to cast Slayer Dart) but is actually tier 5 attack speed while the Slayer Staff is tier 6.

Also, for some reason, daggers in Stealing Creation are tier 7 attack speed.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Rapier

and since there is one rapier in game already ...

Impossible, since the highest ranked person isn't even in the mid 60's yet.

Edit: Lol, just opened the link. That's not a chaotic rapier.

He never said it was chaotic, he was implying that since they are both rapiers they should be the same speed. Like dragon scim and rune scim

yes.png

I have a feeling that these shields could possibly overtake divine/ely, especially the chaotic kiteshield. Almost 85+ def in slash/crush/stab + absorbs 10% of melee damage and 20% of range. sounds godly for bandos solo.

patr1ckotg1.png

I have a feeling that these shields could possibly overtake divine/ely, especially the chaotic kiteshield. Almost 85+ def in slash/crush/stab + absorbs 10% of melee damage and 20% of range. sounds godly for bandos solo.

The only problem is you need 80 dungeoneering and 400k(or some high amount I forget which one costs how much) tokens to get it.

The only problem is you need 80 dungeoneering and 400k(or some high amount I forget which one costs how much) tokens to get it.

And? The weapons cost the same, and it's worth it.

patr1ckotg1.png

I don't get why people don't see the potential in these shields? Look at the damn chaotic kite, looks to me it could be better than divine.

10% =/= 30% reduction. But it's good in terms of no prayer drainage and can be used without any prayer points sounds godly for Dk's.

I think the 'high end' spirit shields might crash street wise and reach a equillibrium roughly 3/4 of it's ge price... or something. I wouldn't know, so easy to manipulate.

I'm stuck between longsword and rapier for general use... Attack bonus is something often overlooked that really should not be, and the longsword excels as opposed to the rapier. Both can be coupled with a shield, so I'm still unsure of which I will get. Eventually, I will just get both, as well as the shields. I have plenty of time and money to burn lol.

Also, new mage ammies = 1100+ hits on ice strykewyrms, anyone?

I'm stuck between longsword and rapier for general use... Attack bonus is something often overlooked that really should not be, and the longsword excels as opposed to the rapier. Both can be coupled with a shield, so I'm still unsure of which I will get. Eventually, I will just get both, as well as the shields. I have plenty of time and money to burn lol.

Also, new mage ammies = 1100+ hits on ice strykewyrms, anyone?

Longsword will be slower than the rapier. Thus it is easy to assume more dps from the rapier than the longsword. It is also better than a Zspear for dragons too.

I don't get why people don't see the potential in these shields? Look at the damn chaotic kite, looks to me it could be better than divine.

10% =/= 30% reduction. But it's good in terms of no prayer drainage and can be used without any prayer points sounds godly for Dk's.

I think the 'high end' spirit shields might crash street wise and reach a equillibrium roughly 3/4 of it's ge price... or something. I wouldn't know, so easy to manipulate.

Take into account, the very high base defense stats, and that it does 10% damage absorption for melee but 20% for range. Plus it's technically free. Except for Recharge Fees

patr1ckotg1.png

Take into account, the very high base defense stats, and that it does 10% damage absorption for melee but 20% for range. Plus it's technically free. Except for Recharge Fees

It is nothing near free at all, actually. :mellow:

Tokens don't cost anything? The only fee you pay for is to recharge it, which is very miniscule.

patr1ckotg1.png

Tokens don't cost anything? The only fee you pay for is to recharge it, which is very miniscule.

Tokens cost quite a lot. The concept of opportunity cost is, quite literally, the first thing they teach you in a basic economics course. (At least, in my state's textbooks it is.) The cost of a Chaotic Shield is, at a minimum, 400k Dungeoneering xp. Would you reduce your level by nearly half a million xp for this shield? Would you trade a Chaotic Rapier for it? Would you trade a bonecrusher, scroll of augury, and arcane stream necklace for it? Because that's what you have to do--you need to choose between the shield and all of those things and more. If you take the shield, you lose out on everything else you could have bought with that 400k--or you do until you make it another third of the way to lv99, anyway.

The fact that you don't come out with less cash than you started is irrelevant, as nothing you can possibly do will ever make you come out behind in cash--you start out the game with 0 gp. I can spend 120m on 99 prayer and still come out with no net loss.

Tokens cost quite a lot. The concept of opportunity cost is, quite literally, the first thing they teach you in a basic economics course. (At least, in my state's textbooks it is.) The cost of a Chaotic Shield is, at a minimum, 400k Dungeoneering xp. Would you reduce your level by nearly half a million xp for this shield? Would you trade a Chaotic Rapier for it? Would you trade a bonecrusher, scroll of augury, and arcane stream necklace for it? Because that's what you have to do--you need to choose between the shield and all of those things and more. If you take the shield, you lose out on everything else you could have bought with that 400k--or you do until you make it another third of the way to lv99, anyway.

The fact that you don't come out with less cash than you started is irrelevant, as nothing you can possibly do will ever make you come out behind in cash--you start out the game with 0 gp. I can spend 120m on 99 prayer and still come out with no net loss.

TL;DR: time is money

Silvermist82.png

TL;DR: time is money

Alternately: The tokens are sorta like gold: You CAN buy a Chaotic shield, but if you do you're NOT buying anything else until level 90+

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

troacctid while you analyze a real world situation correctly you neglect something about runescape that may far outweigh all those things. The fact that people will be leveling this skill and thus have lots of tokens likely laying around. They may choose to use them to level up the skill quicker or they may choose to save them up to use for these items. I am sure no one will argue the fact that this skill is far to new to make claims about how quickly tokens can and will be gathered but if the skill lvl of 120 is an indication of something that is achievable in a reasonable time limit I imagine there will be plenty of tokens to use. While I don't see these being viable pvp items since they have no special attacks their ability for the rest of the game seems like it is quite worth the possible time it takes. Comparing runescape straight to real life is something you can't do because of the influences that don't exist in life like being told that your experience/money (tokens) earned are so limited in purchasing ability.

All skills 80+

troacctid while you analyze a real world situation correctly you neglect something about runescape that may far outweigh all those things. The fact that people will be leveling this skill and thus have lots of tokens likely laying around. They may choose to use them to level up the skill quicker or they may choose to save them up to use for these items. I am sure no one will argue the fact that this skill is far to new to make claims about how quickly tokens can and will be gathered but if the skill lvl of 120 is an indication of something that is achievable in a reasonable time limit I imagine there will be plenty of tokens to use. While I don't see these being viable pvp items since they have no special attacks their ability for the rest of the game seems like it is quite worth the possible time it takes. Comparing runescape straight to real life is something you can't do because of the influences that don't exist in life like being told that your experience/money (tokens) earned are so limited in purchasing ability.

The comparison is still valid: You still only have a limited number of tokens, and regardless of how easy they are to earn, you still would have to decide that a rechargeable shield is worth more to you than 400K exp or a large assortment of other items. Yes, they have tokens laying around, but you don't buy something just because you "have gold laying around". You check first to make sure that the item your buying is the best use of your money. the same concept applies here, and is what he's talking about.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

You will not have a lot of tokens lying around. It's built into the skill that you can only get 1 token per 10 xp. Tokens are directly tied to your level. You use up your tokens, you don't get more until you gain more levels. In fact, because they trade on a 1:1 ratio, the tokens are xp for all intents and purposes. They're just a bit more...shall we say...liquid. The only way to spend tokens is to directly reduce your xp.

Sure, it isn't framed that way. It's set up as a positive choice. You get some xp, then you get some tokens, and you then have the option to trade in the tokens for xp. But you could just as easily get a 10% bonus to your xp, then be asked whether you want to trade the bonus for tokens. Objectively, it's exactly the same. It's like if I give you a dollar then flip a coin to see if you get another dollar, or if I give you two dollars then flip a coin to see if I take one of them away. Exactly the same. You spend 400k tokens, you lose 400k xp, period.

And even if you're getting an average of 200k xp/hr, it's still going to take you 20 hours to earn a Chaotic anything.