= New Chaotic Items =

killmenub

I'm stuck between longsword and rapier for general use... Attack bonus is something often overlooked that really should not be, and the longsword excels as opposed to the rapier. Both can be coupled with a shield, so I'm still unsure of which I will get. Eventually, I will just get both, as well as the shields. I have plenty of time and money to burn lol.

Also, new mage ammies = 1100+ hits on ice strykewyrms, anyone?

Longsword will be slower than the rapier. Thus it is easy to assume more dps from the rapier than the longsword. It is also better than a Zspear for dragons too.

But on monsters with high defense, that may not always be the case... For general use sure, but I'm talking about High defense bosses, perhaps even unreleased ones where speed isn't always top priority

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are making assumptions on only what is known after two days of the skill. For all we know when you complete the final levels you may get 100k tokens. As of now we know so little about this skill and how all things work. I am sure that there is going to be some change or already something in there to allows for more tokens to be given than the 10:1. It just doesn't add up that you would need 99 in the skill and still not even be close to buying all the items for the skill. Yes I get the concept that time is money and 400k tokens is equal one of the shields or 400k exp that you must make a trade off somewhere. But you are ASSUMING WAY to much and about the time investment of this skill. We really don't know how this skill will play out with collecting tokens. It may be at higher levels you can get all the tokens need to purchase one of those items in two hours or it may really end up being 100 hours to get them. Until more information is determined it is not really worth it to say this isn't worth the effort it would be better spent giving approximations on how fast tokens would have to be generated to be considered worth the effort and then when more is know about the skill we will see if it is worthwhile.

All skills 80+

You are making assumptions on only what is known after two days of the skill. For all we know when you complete the final levels you may get 100k tokens. As of now we know so little about this skill and how all things work. I am sure that there is going to be some change or already something in there to allows for more tokens to be given than the 10:1. It just doesn't add up that you would need 99 in the skill and still not even be close to buying all the items for the skill. Yes I get the concept that time is money and 400k tokens is equal one of the shields or 400k exp that you must make a trade off somewhere. But you are ASSUMING WAY to much and about the time investment of this skill. We really don't know how this skill will play out with collecting tokens. It may be at higher levels you can get all the tokens need to purchase one of those items in two hours or it may really end up being 100 hours to get them. Until more information is determined it is not really worth it to say this isn't worth the effort it would be better spent giving approximations on how fast tokens would have to be generated to be considered worth the effort and then when more is know about the skill we will see if it is worthwhile.

The Game Guide says quite plainly:

When you complete a dungeon raid, you will receive Dungeoneering skill XP and a number of tokens equal to 1/10 of the Dungeoneering XP you received, rounded down.

No assumptions, just the official source. Unless you include the assumption that the official source is not lying. *shrug*

Again you're assuming that they haven't put in anything for bonuses for completing the dungeon. As far as levels go you get 10:1 but as I said I don't see it staying that way or they have already added something in to allow for more tokens to be given. Again as I said it just doesn't make sense to make a skill that even at 99 you aren't close to buying all the items I know it is crazy but I really think that at least one person at Jagex would of looked at that and said hmmm maybe we need to do something about that.

All skills 80+

I can't monitor the whole thread, but in terms of what weapon to buy first I think you need to look at it this way.

What will you use it mostly for?

Maul for high hits = PVP

Rapier for fastest dps = trainning

Longsword fast dps and very good base stats = mix of pvp and trainning imo.

I'll no doubt be buying the longsword first. Then a sheild after.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

You do realize that in order to get 400,000 tokens, you need to get AT LEAST 4,000,000 xp? But it will be more then that.

So, that means you need to be lvl 94-95 to have enough tokens to BUY an item that requires 80 to use.

Lvl 80 requires a little under 2,000,000 xp. So when you are allowed to use the chaos items, you will only have HALF the tokens required to buy one!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

You do realize that in order to get 400,000 tokens, you need to get AT LEAST 4,000,000 xp? But it will be more then that.

So, that means you need to be lvl 94-95 to have enough tokens to BUY an item that requires 80 to use.

Lvl 80 requires a little under 2,000,000 xp. So when you are allowed to use the chaos items, you will only have HALF the tokens required to buy one!

This had been said about 6 times already.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

Why are the staff and crossbow being neglected in this thread?

The staff has 15% damage bonus, and 72 STRENGTH with only requirements being 80 magic and dungeoneering. This seems like a great weapon for pure mages!

And the crossbow is +100 ranged attack bonus compared to +90 of the rune crossbow.

Chaotic crossbow, with eagle-eye shield and mercenary gloves will own at armadyl!

Also, the gravite weapons are the best F2P weapons (excluding corrupt), the staff is the only one of it's kind in F2P with a magic damage bonus (I think), and the 10% magic ammy is also available to F2P. The nature staff is useful for binding in F2P PvP, as from what I can understand from the description, it holds up to 1k nature runes. If the staff protects, you're essentially protecting your nature runes in PvP. Hopefully, that can be tested soon. The gravite 2h sword has +90 strength compared to +60 of rune 2h. The longsword is faster and has higher strength than rune 2h. Melee has a max of 397 in F2P.

Magic now has a max of 184 in F2P.

Ranged has same max hit, but the maple sighted longbow has twice the attack bonus of the best bows in F2P.

Another thing to Add we don't know if the weapons don't have specials I remember when GWD was released and dragon hatchets etc there specials weren't put on the special attk page for 1 or 2 weeks

I am pretty sure the godswords special attacks and stats of all the armor was shown the first day. I remember that because i bought 3rd age range, saw a system update, then looked and saw there was new better range armor and i lost lots of money lol...

jpegsigtest.jpg

I'm torn between a longsword and a rapier. The longsword seems better for boss hunting (higher defences) while the rapier seems amazing for training, like the whip.

Actually the monster has to be invincible (you must hit 389% of the time or less with rapier) for longsword to be better. This assumes 99 attack and strength; Neitiznot, fire cape, fury, rune defender, barrows gloves, dragon boots, onyx/warrior (i); with extremes and turmoil (29%/32%) held constant.

This assumes you don't have to pause and eat, in which case slower, stronger weapons gain a slight advantage.

EDIT: holdon them maths r rong

Training with the rapier sounds like a waste to me. 2m for 10 hrs use is quite expensive considering the whip is just a mere 3m and provides fast and efficient training anyways.

It only costs 200k/h. That's pretty cheap considering that it's easily superior.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Training with the rapier sounds like a waste to me. 2m for 10 hrs use is quite expensive considering the whip is just a mere 3m and provides fast and efficient training anyways.

finely a high lvl weapon to aim for. all the others were like a one time buy that alot of peope had (godswords and alike) that is very expensiveicon_thumbsu.gif, isen't what alot of people had asked for, and also try thinking about the lvl 90 and 95 weapons blink.gif

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

With Jagex's FAQ they put up today, they said there is a second batch of reward items coming. Perhaps even a lowering of the price of the current rewards.

Makes me wonder if they'll get some 90+ weapons and gear added. Somehow I doubt it. They probably want to release those in a different update.

At least we can see we are nearing some endgame items. Best part being they're untradeable and must be earned.

level 86-87 is 4m actually not 94-95 but it's still a little odd that you need a higher level to buy them then they require.

I can't monitor the whole thread, but in terms of what weapon to buy first I think you need to look at it this way.

What will you use it mostly for?

Maul for high hits = PVP

Rapier for fastest dps = trainning

Longsword fast dps and very good base stats = mix of pvp and trainning imo.

I'll no doubt be buying the longsword first. Then a sheild after.

Rofl, have you ever pked my friend? Maul with no special will be crap. Fast medium hits that outhit your opponents food > High slow hits that your enemy can eat away from. Ever seen a whip where it combo's 5 40+ hits in a row? gl eating that out.

patr1ckotg1.png

That is assuming that tokens:Xp ratio is permanently fixed at 1:10. Does the KB say that it is? Perhaps it is possible to get more tokens:xp later on.

And red, you don't "need" a spec, if the weapon hits hard enough. For example, you can whip to ~400 hp, then pull out maul for 1 hit.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

That is assuming that tokens:Xp ratio is permanently fixed at 1:10. Does the KB say that it is? Perhaps it is possible to get more tokens:xp later on.

Actually it does say that.

Tokens - These tokens can be exchanged with the reward trader on the surface of Daemonheim. Tokens are calculated at the rate of 1 token for every 10 Dungeoneering XP

Well, whichever of the two stab weapons ends up being better (rapier or longsword), I suddenly see the idea of soloing corp becoming a bit more popular. Which will drive up the street price of the divine shield. Then again, if the shields are anywhere near powerful enough, that might hold the price of the divine in check somewhat, though I doubt that they are. I'm kind of interested to know what this is going to do to the economy. Maybe I'll check the other thread about that.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png