= New Chaotic Items =

killmenub

Would the maul overtake a Saradomin Sword versus waterfiends, though?

Probably not, as Dharok is only a little bit better than waterfiends and I'm pretty sure maul does less damage than Dharok at ~200LP. Again, it really comes down to whether or not the maul is 3 or 4 speed.

Maul is most likely 3 speed (considering granite maul is)

However; A maul within the dungeon itself is speed4, so I'd just assume it's godsword speed outside the dungeons too.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If maul is godsword speed, it is now the most powerful item

Question now is who will spend 400k tokens to buy such a weapon to test it out? Pkers who want a ko weapon perhaps?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I'm telling you that they are going to have to lower the prices of the rewards.

Because until somebody is lvl 94-95 in the skill, no one person will be able to afford one of the weapons

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm telling you that they are going to have to lower the prices of the rewards.

Because until somebody is lvl 94-95 in the skill, no one person will be able to afford one of the weapons

Oh man, I'm hoping someone can say this one or twenty more times. Its such a good point it needs to be said every other post.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Question now is who will spend 400k tokens to buy such a weapon to test it out? Pkers who want a ko weapon perhaps?

Can you not sell items back once bought?
imagangster.png

Can you not sell items back once bought?

I doubt it.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

You need 400k tokens to buy something chaotic. This is 4mil xp. Or level 87.

Makes me wonder why the requirement is level 80. There is no possible way to get one of them at level 80. And bonecrusher is only available at level 74, yet the requirement is 21. How does any of this make sense?

pere_grin.png

Makes me wonder why the requirement is level 80. There is no possible way to get one of them at level 80. And bonecrusher is only available at level 74, yet the requirement is 21. How does any of this make sense?

Because the same person who did the "exp weekend modifier" likely worked on this skill. :shame:

No, Jagex said they are looking into adjusting the costs on each reward. So I'm betting they'll cut the price of the chaotic gear in half, which actually does equate to being able to use it at level 80.

td2sig.jpg

Because the same person who did the "exp weekend modifier" likely worked on this skill. :shame:

No, Jagex said they are looking into adjusting the costs on each reward. So I'm betting they'll cut the price of the chaotic gear in half, which actually does equate to being able to use it at level 80.

HAHAHA the weekend modifier that fell twice as fast as it was supposed to. And how about that person that accidentally added 4 zeros to the xp you got for crafting ess in the dungeons right before the rollback. "1xp per 10 ess.......10,000xp per 10 ess. Oh, same thing.....Whateverrrrr"

I am hoping they reduce the price. I was just stating the current cost and showing how unbalanced they are. And the bonecrusher still is ridiculusly high priced, even if it cost 55k. The level required to use it leaves you with 502 tokens.

My point is, at this moment, the rewards are horribly unbalanced with the level requirements. I also thought it was a joke when i saw that at 21 dungeoneering, you were 0.4% of the way to buying a bonecrusher.

pere_grin.png

I'm getting longsword, much better bonuses compared to rapier, and the speed is pretty negligible imo. Plus i'd rather not fight with toothpicks. I'll just say this as a given, all mh'ers should buy longsword, it will be best weapon for gwd and corp compared to others.

Speed is pretty negligible? Tier 6 speed has a 20% speed advantage over Tier 5. That is, for every 5 attacks you make with a Longsword, you'd make 6 with a Rapier. While it's tempting to say the ratio works the other way for strength (the Longsword has approximately 20% more strength bonus than the Rapier), a +35 strength bonus from other gear reduces this advantage to a mere 14%. And it's easy to get this, and more. Finally, strength bonus doesn't proportionally reflect in the damage dealt. 99 Strength and 136 strength bonus hits ~340, all other factors aside. 99 Strength and 155 Strength Bonus hits ~370. That's not even a 10% improvement in damage, and this is distorted further by the use of potions and prayers... in the favor of the faster weapon.

Disregarding accuracy entirely, the Rapier is definitely superior to the Longsword in situations where DPS outweighs your maximum hit.

I've tested the Abyssal Whip against General Graardor and Commander Zilyana fairly recently, and found that at high levels, the Abyssal Whip can match the Godsword. This is with Overload Potions, Turmoil, and maxed combat skills. The Abyssal Whip has a 50% speed advantage over the Godsword, while the Godsword has a 60% attack and strength advantage over the Abyssal Whip.

In contrast, the Rapier has a 20% speed advantage over the Longsword, while the Longsword has a 32% attack and 20% strength advantage over the Rapier.

I think it's close enough that no one can really say for sure which one is going to be better. More likely than not, it's not one-size-fit-all: the Rapier is probably better for some people, while the Longsword is probably better for others. Until people actually have obtained them and tested them, no one can say for sure... all we have is the stats given to us in the Knowledge Base. Too much of this is still guess-work, and based off of information that is very often wrong.

Also, this doesn't take into account Batch 2 rewards...

I maintain that until the weapons have been earned and used, dismissing items is misleading and ignorant.

However slow the Chaotic Maul may be, it would still be a huge gift to Pkers and such. Maul->Vengeance->Gmaulspecs + a little luck = PWND.

I am fairly certain the maul is Gs Speed, the question lies; Does it have a spec?

However slow the Chaotic Maul may be, it would still be a huge gift to Pkers and such. Maul->Vengeance->Gmaulspecs + a little luck = PWND.

I am fairly certain the maul is Gs Speed, the question lies; Does it have a spec?

If these items followed the trend of other updates, the spec would be in the KB.

But theres always the chance they are hiding it from us.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If these items followed the trend of other updates, the spec would be in the KB.

But theres always the chance they are hiding it from us.

Yup. Jagex are known to not release spoilers on day of release. Let's just wait until some people get these weapons and post a vid on youtube.

There has to be a special for the chaotic crossbow. Seriously, a +10 attack bonus is in no way worth it over the rune cbow, especially considering what you could get with the tokens. If there is no special for the chaotic crossbow, then anyone who buys it just wasted a lot of tokens.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

There has to be a special for the chaotic crossbow. Seriously, a +10 attack bonus is in no way worth it over the rune cbow, especially considering what you could get with the tokens. If there is no special for the chaotic crossbow, then anyone who buys it just wasted a lot of tokens.

And even more so with the chaotic staff.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

+1

At least the Chaotic Crossbow is an improvement over Rune Crossbow. Chaotic Staff is inferior to the Staff of Light, which, in turn, is outperformed by Void Mace, Master Wand, and Zuriel's Staff depending on the circumstances.

On the other hand, the Gravite items are a fairly notable improvement over what's already available to F2P. The Gravite 2H has +87 Crush and +90 Strength according to RSKB (why would it have -4 Slash though?). In contrast, the Corrupt Dragon Battleaxe only has +70 Slash and +65 Crush, and +85 Strength. The Gravite Shortbow has +40 Ranged attack, compared to the Maple Shortbow with +29. I'm not too familiar with magic weapons in F2P, but +15 Magic Attack and 5% damage bonus should be fairly decent.

The Gravite Rapier and Longsword are quite underwhelming, however.

+1

Chaotic Staff is inferior to the Staff of Light, which, in turn, is outperformed by Void Mace, Master Wand, and Zuriel's Staff depending on the circumstances.

Cut quote, sol + battle robes (+ when they finally sort out the rewards the book) is the best set up for rock lobs and sum training. You shouldn't dismiss it unless youve tried it with the robes.

But yes the chaotic staff seams shocking vs the melee weps esp for the cost of 400k..

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

Battle robes are not worth it. The time it takes to charge it is just too much.

If your a member with half decent stats go to f2p fog. not hard at all, hell ive even done homework at the same time. oh and getting the robes isnt to hard either, ge offers usually result in the items after a few days...

And if youve ever used it esp at rock lobs barraging with a sol the 50% saving is well worth it.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

+1

Chaotic Staff is inferior to the Staff of Light, which, in turn, is outperformed by Void Mace, Master Wand, and Zuriel's Staff depending on the circumstances.

Cut quote, sol + battle robes (+ when they finally sort out the rewards the book) is the best set up for rock lobs and sum training. You shouldn't dismiss it unless youve tried it with the robes.

But yes the chaotic staff seams shocking vs the melee weps esp for the cost of 400k..

Where did you learn English comprehension? I clearly stated "depending on the circumstances." The Staff of Light is good for Rock Lobsters. In fact, it's not only good, it's fantastic. It's also great for slaying Ice Strykewyrms.

But there are cases in which each of the other three weapons can be considered superior. In other words, Staff of Light is great but it's not undisputed "best."

And the Chaotic Staff is just an inferior version of it, so far.

I know I'll probably get some rediculously obvious answers, but what is the tome of frost good for, water runes are relatively cheap. IIR, and I'm probabltly wrong, but doesn't it have +15 mage attack, that alone would make it worth purchasing? Also, does anyone think the rapier/lonhsword/maul would speed up slayer fast enough, while using turmoil/extremes/cannon/iron titan, to be worth the loss of 200k/hour? Wouldn't that make you loose money, under those circumstances?

Sumondskull6.png