= New Chaotic Items =

killmenub

If people were rational about DFS, it would be like 15m. Its only use is tanking bosses. People will continue to pay high prices for DFS because they're irrational about the usefulness of strength compared to attack. DFS also has a "high level" stigma so many players seek after it irrationally.

Not trying to troll here, but preferences are nearly almost irrational. Worth is pretty arbitrary; party hat values are pretty irrational too.

Anyway, OT:

Maul is still going to be really powerful even it is 3-speed. It's a pretty viable KO weapon seeing as it can boost crush attack to over 200, so it's pretty accurate.

Also, I'm scared that the weapons have degrading stats...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from RSOF

I just bought a gravite 2H, and the attack stats are:

- 4 stab - 4 slash + 87 crush - 4 magic+ 0 ranged

That would mean it is a crush based weapon, and hence all attack styles would be crush (like mauls). But when I wield the 2H the options are Accurate (Slash), Aggressive (Slash), Aggressive (Crush), and Defend (Slash).

So all attack styles except the aggressive (crush) giving str exp has the +87 bonus. I've tried it against people with no armour and barely hit with the other options (-4 slash seems to take the place).

Fix this bug please.

Wow, jagex, wow. Major fail. I've been a supporter of the new skill, but these item stat issues wreak of poor implementation and lack of caring.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

People come on, think about it.

You get 10% of your exp in tokens.

The next level is 10% more total exp than the current one.

All your tokens combined it only one level ( or two if you're really close, but still only one levels worth of exp ).

Unless you absolutely don't want the rewards, your wasting your freaking token, one level won't boost your exp rate through the damn roof.

greenmelf.png

All your tokens combined it only one level ( or two if you're really close, but still only one levels worth of exp ).

Unless you absolutely don't want the rewards, your wasting your freaking token, one level won't boost your exp rate through the damn roof.

That one level could turn out to be quite a bit of experience when you reset and do *all* the floors all over again.

The reason the stats are most likely off is that they're based on either: values they planned to update and never got around to implementing in game/changed their name. Or the way around (they lowered in game and forgot to change it on the KB page).

If people were rational about DFS, it would be like 15m. Its only use is tanking bosses. People will continue to pay high prices for DFS because they're irrational about the usefulness of strength compared to attack. DFS also has a "high level" stigma so many players seek after it irrationally.

Not trying to troll here, but preferences are nearly almost irrational. Worth is pretty arbitrary; party hat values are pretty irrational too.

The value of a prayer potion is rational: the cost of using one reflects on the benefits it gives you. People aren't rational about the DFS because it has gained stigmas such as "high level equipment", "hawt", "best strength bonus" which add goodwill to the shield beyond its utility.

Also, I'm scared that the weapons have degrading stats...

If there is degradation of stats, the value of these weapons will drop considerably (unless you top it off to keep the stats @ max) and will not affect the market at all.

If it did affect the market at all, prices would drop, and then climb higher than their previous amount before the drop.

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

That one level could turn out to be quite a bit of experience when you reset and do *all* the floors all over again.

No, the extra exp you'll gain won't come close to amount of time it'll take to get back those tokens.

greenmelf.png

It appears most of the items will have specific uses rather than one item trumps all. So far this is what I've determined the items to mainly be used for.

Chaos Rapier: Slayer

Max Hit in Max Gear (On slayer task): Around 686

The fast speed will make this the best item for training slayer. Not only are its slash stats almost the same as a whip but it has a stab attack, which combined with defender, is that over a Z spear. Perfect for lower-medium defense monsters and metal dragons.

Chaos Longsword: Bosses

Max hit in max Gear (non-slayer): Around 666

The high attack bonuses will cut through most bosses defense. A great weapon for bosses like solo Bandos, as it hits like a VLS every single hit. Combined with claws you would have no fear of getting crashed. It will need to be tested, but it is possible the CLS could also be used on Sara.

Chaos Maul: PvP

Max hit in PvP Gear: 722

Without a doubt, the best PvP Ko weapon. Hitting a NORMAL 722 will allow you to dish out some serious KO combinations. It can hit at AGS damage level, but without needed to use special attacks. Claws -> Claws -> Maul would have a large chance to 3 hit.

Chaos Staff

There is no reason to get this. SoL is better is almost every aspect.

Chaos Crossbow

+10 range attack is nice... but means very little when you can gain +100 from range armor.

Chaos Sheild(Melee)

It's like a mini-divine without the prayer loss. Decent for any melee combat and alot of different tasks. Good for Bandos, good for general boss-hunting, and good for PvP. Bad for slayer. Not much else to say, but this is a good choice for your tokens if you like pvp (wild or safe). Its melee stats are also better than the DFS, so good for melee tanking.

Eagle Eye Sheld(Range)

This shield is ok, but lacks alot of uses it could have been used for.

#1 Its close to the defenses of a spectral, but lacks a prayer bonus, and -5 mage defense. It does have +5 range attack however +5 compared to +150 range bonus is very minimal its not even worth the expense of tokens.

#2 The shield would be excelent at Arma except Arma (and minions) almost never hit above 200 alone. In-fact not only would the mage specials not activate at arma, but the only places they would is at DK's from prime or Corp.

The real use for this shield would be 100% ranging at corp, and that is typically only done on masses or large teams.

Farseer kiteshield(Mage)

No bosses really require you to mage (aside from rex), so this shield is not significant at the moment. It might be used at barrows, but unless other bosses are added it has little to no use in PvM. It is good for maging in PvP however, both safe and wildy.

If lvls by themselves arent good enough why does anyone get firemaking past 91? :wink:

Because they want an easy skillcape/99 or get it over with

all skills benefit you in a way, dungeoneering does not at all since a person with 1 dungeon w/ 0 tokens can unlock as many things in RS than someone with 99 dungeon and 0 tokens from spending them all on exp, so I can see what hes trying to say

No, the extra exp you'll gain won't come close to amount of time it'll take to get back those tokens.

And you know this..how exactly?

And you know this..how exactly?

Because the tokens you gain are always equal to 10% of the xp gained?

If you use the tokens on xp, it will take you exactly 10 times as long as that xp would have taken you to make those tokens back.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

MIGHT be a bug.

Thanks for suggestions, I sent a bug report :/

Hopefully its just a mistake because it seems the G2h's stats haven't been lowered.

Let's really hope so. I was just about to start training Dungeon (I'm level 4... probably won't be able to find any partners <_< )

sigcopyaf.png

Any word on the Arcane Stream Necklace? It's the only item I really want, but if it doesn't boost magic damage by 15% (or 10%. Either is fine with me) then I have just wasted a week and a half of time.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Because the tokens you gain are always equal to 10% of the xp gained?

If you use the tokens on xp, it will take you exactly 10 times as long as that xp would have taken you to make those tokens back.

Which is exactly where I disagree, no it won't take you 10 times as long because by spending points on xp you will have a higher prestige level thus increasing leveling speed which will get you more tokens faster, not to mention level faster. You are thinking that you get tokens at a fixed rate which is obviously wrong, your tokens will increase as you get a higher level. Its not only about the tokens its also about reaching the level requirements for the rewards faster too, which i'm sure for many will be the level 80 weapons/armor.

Its not only about the tokens its also about reaching the level requirements for the rewards faster too, which i'm sure for many will be the level 80 weapons/armor.

Level requirements are completely irrelevant. You can't get have enough tokens to buy any of the rewards unless you already have the required level for them. It's impossible.

Its not only about the tokens its also about reaching the level requirements for the rewards faster too, which i'm sure for many will be the level 80 weapons/armor.

Level requirements are completely irrelevant. You can't get have enough tokens to buy any of the rewards unless you already have the required level for them. It's impossible.

Sorry I don't quite understand what you are arguing/saying, the point I was trying to make though is that by spending your points on xp you can level faster and reach those level requirements faster.

Sorry I don't quite understand what you are arguing/saying, the point I was trying to make though is that by spending your points on xp you can level faster and reach those level requirements faster.

I'm saying that if you have a Chaotic weapon, you have 80+ dungeoneering no matter what, because it takes more xp to get 200k points than it does to reach level 80 dungeoneering. Level requirements are never a concern.

If you spend your tokens on xp you won't have enough tokens to get said level 80 equipment.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Arcane stream necklace was lowered to 30k tokens, level to buy is at 70. So for that one you get the tokens you need WAY before you have the level.