The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

My own self, or at least what I think I project, is a general sense of indifference in my looks and a few other things. If I had a wardrobe of formal wear I would look through it more, if just to find the things that I wouldn't mind do regular things in.

Indifference is a style in its own right as well if you ask me.

I find most people try to pick something that will fit with whatever their peer group is, some people do their own thing though, and the rest become hipsters.

The best example of doing your own thing I know of was a guy who always wore a top hat. He was also an incredible accordion player with enough skill that I don't think anyone ever gave him shit over it. A brilliant example of how people will let you get away with a lot of stuff if you have mind blowing talent at something (that other people enjoy seeing) to back it up.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when I was 14 I didn't think about clothing either. But when I got 16 and changed schools, damn... Never even thought I'd pay that much attention to clothes. Partly, because my new schoold doesn't allow sweaters with hoods for example, a bit formal wear is required.

But as you get older, you really start to think about it and make conscious decisions. First impression is based quite much on clothing.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

My own self, or at least what I think I project, is a general sense of indifference in my looks and a few other things.

You do realize there is a contradiction inherent to this statement, right? You want to look like you don't want to look like anything. It would be more accurate to say you want to dress the way you usually do, which is the way your friends know you; what this projects (probably and according to you) is a down-to-earth, unpretentious personality. There's no way not to say something because of the way you dress, and therefore there's no way you could ever not care about the way you dress. In general, I think it's actually quite ridiculous to pretend you don't care what other people think of you--if anything, you don't care what people other than your friends think, but you definitely care about what they think.

Formalwear is black tie and white tie. I don't think you would wear patent leather shoes oxfords (or worse, opera pumps) all the time. There are pretty much no variations in those dress codes, especially white tie.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I can't fit a hat on right.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

No like if I put a hat on my head I can't see through my hair.

2 oxford cloth button downs, one pink and one white.

About time eh? For the other shirts, what made-to-measure company did you go with, and how's the fit?

Anyone rocking 5 panel caps?

yup.

obey-native-5-panel.jpg

at least the obey logo is subtle. looking to buy more soon, it's too bad so many decent 5 panels are so pricey.

I'm liking the pattern design on that cap.

This is another cap i also have my eyes on -

norse-projects-5-panel-hats-1.jpg

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

2 oxford cloth button downs, one pink and one white.

About time eh? For the other shirts, what made-to-measure company did you go with, and how's the fit?

About time indeed. The other shirts were from tailors within India. Fit through the body is a great. Shoulders slightly too big, and the collar is good. Sleeve length is so perfect, I can't even imagine it on my gangly arms. It is essentially a mtm shirt, just with hand measurements. Cost $30NZD, or about $25USD

lampost_sig_stark.png

Cool. I'll probably buy some basics from Cottonwork if I ever get around to measuring myself; apparently their fabrics are near-bulletproof.

I bought a $140 pair of Clarke's for work in June last year. They've already fallen apart, any ideas as to what shoes I can get that won't fall apart so quickly? I don't care about the fashion, just it being comfortable.

The shoes usually spend an hour or so drenched in water, which is I guess what made them fall apart.

Also, I need more casual shoes, I have a pair of desert boots and Converse but haven't found anything else which I like.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Thoughts on long-sleeved shirts with rolled-up sleeves vs. short sleeved shirts? The former seems to look better to me, but the latter can often be cheaper and feel nicer during the summer.

Thoughts on long-sleeved shirts with rolled-up sleeves vs. short sleeved shirts? The former seems to look better to me, but the latter can often be cheaper and feel nicer during the summer.

You might think it looks better, but it really doesn't. Just wear short sleeves if you want short sleeves.

We're talking shirts as in button-ups? If so, yeah I think it's a great look. I do it all the time, especially when it's warm out. I'm not a fan of short sleeve shirts, I do have a couple, but I would never wear them in a professional setting. In a casual setting among friends and such, I think they're ok. It really comes down to personal preference. If you like them, wear them. Who gives a [bleep].

tFtfA.jpg

So long as the sleeves aren't super-wide (nor super-tight), short sleeves are okay, but I agree that long sleeves rolled up look nicer.

@jimmy: Get a pair of rubber boots and a new pair of desert boots?

I'll probably get a new pair of desert boots

I can only wear leather at work though

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

What do you do? This makes no sense. Maybe you could buy blundstones and use a ton of mink oil on them.

What do you do? This makes no sense. Maybe you could buy blundstones and use a ton of mink oil on them.

I work with seafood, in a very very big grocery store. Everyone has to wear leather shoes. I guess I could just buy a $50-80 pair every 6 months or so

RIP Michaelangelopolous