The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I noted about the typical "Internet" fashion style is being too effeminate. It's glaringly obvious in this thread too.

I am rubber, you are glue, whatever you say, bounces off me, and sticks to you!

Also, Clubmasters over Wayfarers because he thinks they look better.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

One thing I noted about the typical "Internet" fashion style is being too effeminate. It's glaringly obvious in this thread too.

Oh yeah, I decided on a pair of sunglasses. Not to break up all the suit talk or anything.

33m20cg.jpg

why this over a pair of wayfarers?

I like the look. Also my regular glasses are Wayfarer-style, why get two of the same frames?

I've been getting into a habit of buying vintage based clothing (hilariously from the Salvos) and I actually picked this up:

2usczsx.jpg

$200 value Tweed coat from the 80's, paid only $10. 100% wool too. (slightly itchy, needs a wash)

Popoto.~<3

Don't wash it, its wool. That's simply the properties of wool, especially tweed as it is a very rough and textured weave. Also, more than likely, Tim, If that thing firstly fits you in the waist, I'd also probably get it taken in at the waist. What does it fit like?

lampost_sig_stark.png

Fits almost the same as my suit top. the arm length reaches just on the end of my wrists/hand when straight, the shoulders sit firmly on mine with a bit of excess space for movement, length is good, width is a bit outwards but I suppose that's normal with them.

Popoto.~<3

Post a picture of the fit!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Looks a bit big in the shoulder, but you should definitely have it taken in at the waist. Also, never button the bottom button.

My input: Along with it having been taken in at the waist (will run you about $20 at a tailor in town), please please tuck in your shirt, and ditch the pre-tied bowtie. Pants to match: dark, slim indigo jeans would work, chinos in khaki or navy also. You may think its quirky, it looks more like you've tried hard, and its not working. Otherwise, I dig the look.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Stylie folk of this thread. Winter is upon us. It is cold. I am looking for a jacket/sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan/I-don't-even-know that looks good with jeans and a t-shirt, as that is my standard attire. Any suggestions? I'm 6ft 5 if that helps at all.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Stylie folk of this thread. Winter is upon us. It is cold. I am looking for a jacket/sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan/I-don't-even-know that looks good with jeans and a t-shirt, as that is my standard attire. Any suggestions? I'm 6ft 5 if that helps at all.

How cold does New Zealand get?

tFtfA.jpg

How cold does New Zealand get?

Not too cold where I live. Days can be between 9-15C. I'm sure some of you folk when snicker at this.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i wear a tshirt and shorts when its 15C.

what's your budget btw?

if you're not really sure what you're looking for just browse and choose what you think you'll like. there's a huge difference between a cardigan and winter jacket.

i'll share my go-to stores

http://www.zara.com/.../225501/Jackets\

http://www.jcrew.com...y/outerwear.jsp

http://www.revolvecl...=p&HPsource=Men

http://www.indochino...azers-And-Coats

Thats basically how cold it gets over here in the southern California/Arizona when I lived there. Personally I've been going with a zip up hoodie/military jacket combo recently when it gets cold and I usually just wear a regular old tshirt and canvas sneakers with it. It's a simple look to pull off. I'd definitely check out those links Faux suggested, they looked like they had a nice selection of inexpensive jackets of all styles.

tFtfA.jpg

Thats basically how cold it gets over here in the southern California/Arizona when I lived there. Personally I've been going with a zip up hoodie/military jacket combo recently when it gets cold and I usually just wear a regular old tshirt and canvas sneakers with it. It's a simple look to pull off. I'd definitely check out those links Faux suggested, they looked like they had a nice selection of inexpensive jackets of all styles.

Anything under$100NZD which is~$77USD is my price range. Nearly all those jackets are too expensive for me.

ojdv.jpg

its more of a health-related thing, but from my images, is there a way to NOT look like a god damn puffy 13 year old? I HATE my face's construct. its puffy, I always look tired, or look like im on drugs or drunk. I've gone thru countless haircuts, trying to find one that makes me look a bit older, but improve my face. Am I just one of those people who are stuck with an ugly child-like face? Same for the squinty eyes. :\

Worst part is I get at least a solid 9 hours sleep in so it's not like I'm sleep-deprived.

Popoto.~<3

I've found diet is definitely a factor in how my face looks. With a bad diet my face tends to look more 'puffed out' and spotty, though recently I've cut the amount of simple carbohydrates & saturated fats/oils in my diet and this puffed out look (and spots) have more or less dissipated. It could just be a genetic thing - but don't let this be a barrier. If you haven't already join up with the gym - if you keep at it you'll look and feel leaner; with that your confidence improves, and with confidence it's a lot easier to be experimental with your style.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Looking back and seeing the discussion on black suits, I have to add: As a musician, a black suit and a tux are pretty much mandatory to own (I have to wear my tux twice and suit three times at minimum in a semester at uni). And black suits can look excellent with a black shirt as well as a white one, if the right person's wearing it.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

This isn't a matter of taste, Sorator; there are just rules. As with most people, whoever is coordinating the clothing for your concerts is not aware of them (although tuxedos are fine).

@Tim: Cut on the soda and go for a run.

Not healthy, thats for sure but not fat/overweight. Running I've been meaning to do it but the weather all week has been insane. Mon-Fri gusting winds close to a mini tornado with rain, worked the majority of my awake on Fri-Sat, and all yesterday I spent it doing maintenance on my car.

And today it's hailing rain down :(

Popoto.~<3

And the Coke?