The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

I have only one bad eye too, but for me it's my right eye that's bad and my left eye that's perfect. I have a astigmatism, I don't know if that's what you would have too though, but I don't really know a lot about it except that my right eye is like miss curved or something. There used to not be contacts designed for it but now there are several options out there.

I've heard of Warby Parker before, not much of a fan of their style, but I love how they let you order frames to try-on before you buy. More online retailers need to take that approach.

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm near-sighted and cross-eyed, I think. The issue is just that what I see with one eye doesn't really stack with what I see with the other.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Bought me some Chinos: http://www.hallensteins.com/product/IFD-Brooklyn-Stretch-Chinos?i=7758677&v=7762070

I looked like a was a homosexual in the khaki ones.

Good luck with those, that IFD stuff is pretty low quality. All I can say is don't buy the IFD jeans, they lasted me like 2 months before they ripped.

Also to chime into the eyesight conversation, I'm similar to Steve. My left is perfect, but my right is awful. So it means I pretty much have monocular vision, but I haven't bothered to do anything about it. I tried to learn how to use a contact like 4 or so years ago, but didn't like it. I'll probably end up getting glasses soon, mostly for reading and watching tv. When I play Ps3 etc, I have to sit pretty close to the tv...

rosssigfinal.jpg

I went around this morning to a couple shops and tried a few pairs of the style I had post earlier. One of them actually had one of the Persols but they didn't fit my face that well. The pictures are not that great since there all close ups with my phone's front camera.

The first two are some random pairs the crazy lady at the store wanted me to try on but they ended up working fairly well with my face. The top right pair is an english brand, they felt pretty nice on my face. The bottom left was the shops own speciality frame, and the bottom middle is an Oliver Peoples frame, and probably my personal favorite.

[spoiler=picture]hTPNE.jpg

tFtfA.jpg

Bought me some Chinos: http://www.hallenste...58677&v=7762070

I looked like a was a homosexual in the khaki ones.

Good luck with those, that IFD stuff is pretty low quality. All I can say is don't buy the IFD jeans, they lasted me like 2 months before they ripped.

I've had my IFD jeans for over a year and a half and they haven't ripped...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I might see the optometrist early July about contacts because its started to get kinda annoying.

Also booked into dentist next week for a checkup and a scraping. (clean)

Popoto.~<3

I think dark tortoise looks better on you than light tortoise, and thin frames are nicer too. I agree with Faux though, something more rectangular would look better IMO.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

That looks best. Why don't you stick with those, or with a similar style?

Yeah, they really don't make me look good, super close up, more or so amplifying the negatives. I ended up buying the Oliver Peoples frame today but in a smaller size that fit my face better. Just need to get the prescription lens made, and I'm good to go.

tFtfA.jpg

So I bought a suit. It's not the most amazing suit in the world, but it's going to work for what I need. It's getting fitted, I'll show you guys what it looks like in a week or so.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Looking at shoes... I don't care about style so much, but I have no clue what is out there. I'd like something slip on, should come in a wide size. I'll be in Portland for the next week so I'll be able to go to some stores to try stuff on. Thinking something like one of these:

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en_US/style/qfdwsh.html?categoryId=10147&colorCode=QFD6HF

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-suede-moc-slippers~228815_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_men-_-shoes&origin=index

Have also looked at Toms... so I'm totally open to ideas.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

http://www.arrowmoc.com/2.html

Not cheap, but they're made to last, as is not the case with Vans or Toms. They can accommodate whatever width your foot is (it's in the order form).

Toms are pretty bad shoes....

My theory is that you can spend money on shoes that you know will last for a long time. Since your feet generally stop growing once you get older, you only buy new shoes when the ones that you have wear out. Spend the money on the shoes that will last longer.

I love my toms, but they're not great in cold weather, I basically consider them a closed toe sandal.Personally if your not interesting in a specific shoe, I'd simply recommend having a field in a shoe department somewhere just trying on a bunch of different styles that interest you to see what you like.

tFtfA.jpg

Toms are pretty bad shoes....

My theory is that you can spend money on shoes that you know will last for a long time. Since your feet generally stop growing once you get older, you only buy new shoes when the ones that you have wear out. Spend the money on the shoes that will last longer.

if you're talking about boots or formal shoes, i agree

but if it's just sneakers, get as many different ones for cheap and that's fine. easier to mix and match with clothes.

maybe sperry topsiders? they're $70-90 though

Even when it comes to casual shoes you're better off spending a little bit than a lot in the long term. Gets truer as you get older and stop wearing skate shoes and such though--I can't see a 14 year-old wearing penny loafers to school.

I've got 3 pairs to denim cut offs sitting in my wardrobe I don't wear (Made them myself). I want to be creative and do something with them, since it's the holidays. What do?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg