The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good. Do some research; what you're looking for is a set of cardio exercises you can do at home without any equipment, so the weather won't get in your way. Jumping rope is really good, apparently. I assume you can do it with anything similar to a rope, but I wouldn't know.

[Edit] I'm not sure if everyone here will have the necessary references to understand this (if you don't, don't worry, you're not missing much), but this is a very interesting "meta-style" blog post. The comments might make things clearer.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I like the hat, Felix

What are people's thoughts on red jeans? I saw a pair in Myer reduced from $149 to $25, Levi's and they were my size so I just jumped in and bought them. Now I have no idea if I'll ever wear them

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I'm a fan, I wish I actually owned a few pairs of different color pants but I'm to stingy actually buy a pair because it's always so damn warm out, but just wear them whatever you would wear normal jeans with. It may be weird at first but you'll get used to it.

tFtfA.jpg

@Shiny: not a fan of the scarf, especially inside; I would replace it with a pocket square. Wouldn't wear jeans with this outfit, either. Nice colors though. Not sure about the vest (or is that a cardigan?) from the picture.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Is anyone else a fan of Victorian style clothing? obviously its not something you'd wear around but I find it .... more appealing then wearing a suit/tux to events.

Popoto.~<3

I am. I think a lot of the good looks comes from the higher waist on trousers.

@Shiny: not a fan of the scarf, especially inside; I would replace it with a pocket square. Wouldn't wear jeans with this outfit, either. Nice colors though. Not sure about the vest (or is that a cardigan?) from the picture.

Fair enough, I had just walked in from outside. Disagree on the jeans issue. Cardigan, not vest. Thanks for the feedback :). Also, someone's been reading put this on. I absolutely love that look.

lampost_sig_stark.png

• 2 weeks later...

Whats a good design of pants to wear with coats like the one I bought a page back? all I have is jeans and stuff like trackpants, Karkhi (however its spelt) are...not really what I like.

Popoto.~<3

Slim/straight cut chinos (not necessarily in khaki), and wool flannels are good bets. Not trackpants. Dark indigo jeans also work. Corduroy. Google "pants to go with sportcoat"

And take your jacket in to be tailored.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I WILL BURN YOU IN THE FIRES OF-

Also on the hunt for a new pair of shoes. At the moment I've got a pair of Globe skate shoes, some black suede shoes, I was thinking of some form of urban boots like doc martins but I don't know if they make anything of the sort for men for smart casual looks.

Popoto.~<3

Tim, you can't buy everything you like and expect it to fit together. Doc Martens are the antithesis of a tweed jacket.

Seriously debating dropping 180 for these when they come out, just so I can look super American on July 4th. These, red shorts, and a button-down with stars all over it.

Plus I like them so I'd wear them a lot afterwards, and don't have any shoes of the style.

tumblr_m61yjmoZLl1qgj6jvo1_500.jpg

I personally wouldn't waste money on shoes for one day especially something so limiting in versatility. Shoes like that are great if you can find them used, but if you honestly see yourself wearing them semi regularly, I guess go for it.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of new glasses soon, and I was just wondering what you guys thought of these three,

3860_9372_285.jpg4666_14151_285.jpg3829_9177_285.jpg

The first pair is this Danish brand Han and the other two are Persols.

tFtfA.jpg

Although its not fashion, I know my left eye is slightly blurry while my right eye is perfect eyesight. If I went to a eye....dentist? What'd be the most likely case if I needed aid: glasses or a contact for just that eye?

Just morbid curiosity.

Popoto.~<3

Although its not fashion, I know my left eye is slightly blurry while my right eye is perfect eyesight. If I went to a eye....dentist? What'd be the most likely case if I needed aid: glasses or a contact for just that eye?

Just morbid curiosity.

One of my friends has the same problem, and only wears one contact lens in her bad eye.

I used to be cross-eyed, had an operation done, but now I'm starting to become cross-eyed again but in the other direction, though you can barely tell. If you have a similar issue, don't get one single contact lens, it's confusing as [bleep]; buildings start rotating and stuff when you blink.

Steve, apparently these guys are good.

http://www.warbyparker.com/men/optical