The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

Go hunt and skin your own kangaroo for free. It's a win-win.

I'd highly recommend Oakley's Frogskin sunglasses, a got a pair a few months back, and I absolutely love them.

Those're the style I'm looking at getting, 'cept that exact model look kinda...flimsy? Probably just the images...

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm in dire need of a haircut because my long hair is just getting in the way and being a pain to maintain.

However I have no clue what style I should go with, beyond the fact that i want it chin length or shorter.

[hide=Photo of me]

551702_376695312353770_309220413_n.jpg

Also my hair is normally never that neat. It's naturally prone to fraying, loose ends, and general messyness. To the point that when it'slong like this even constant combing can't help.

So, any advice? [/hide]

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

You need at least some hair on your forehead.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Bought a pair of these. Really nice shoes IMO, have a different colour pair of Hush Puppies as well, but wanted black

49335_350_A.jpg

EDIT: [bleep]ing images, it's just the shoes

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Ordering myself a custom tailored brown pin-stripped suit for $180 in a month for casual and work-related situations. Just thought I'd like a different colour besides Black/Charcoal, and brown is still a acceptable colour.

Like so:

35lb1gy.jpg

Popoto.~<3

Hold the phone!

a) 180$ for a suit is cheap. What company is this? Done any research on them? Some of these custom garments come out really awful.

b) Brown is an appropriate color, but you're much better off starting with gray or navy, without a pattern. Black is a no-no.

c) Two buttons, not three, unless it's 3/2 roll (top button not functional, rolls as part of the lapel). This guy doesn't have enough shirt space.

d) That belt at the back of the jacket is not what you want for one of your first suit. Keep it simple.

e) Don't wear a suit in casual situations. Not until you've built your wardrobe enough, and even then, be careful. No sneakers allowed. Keep money around for shoes. Really basic ones. Brown or black oxfords, brown derbies are good too. You'll also need a shirt or two.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Got me my first raw jeans, for a try. H&M Classics, insane price of just $25. Regular blue ones. There is no way I am going to buy these recommended Sliq's, since they are way too tight around my feet and make me look taller than I am. And I am 2 metres tall so it is the opposite of what I want. They are a wee bit short to me, but I read that they stretch a bit when moistened.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Hold the phone!

a) 180$ for a suit is cheap. What company is this? Done any research on them? Some of these custom garments come out really awful.

b) Brown is an appropriate color, but you're much better off starting with gray or navy, without a pattern. Black is a no-no.

c) Two buttons, not three, unless it's 3/2 roll (top button not functional, rolls as part of the lapel). This guy doesn't have enough shirt space.

d) That belt at the back of the jacket is not what you want for one of your first suit. Keep it simple.

e) Don't wear a suit in casual situations. Not until you've built your wardrobe enough, and even then, be careful. No sneakers allowed. Keep money around for shoes. Really basic ones. Brown or black oxfords, brown derbies are good too. You'll also need a shirt or two.

Got shirts, there's 4 buttons on the top, and I have shoes to go.

and doesn't have the belt on the back.

Popoto.~<3

I can't tell you if that's too much or too little, but the middle button (or top if there are two) should be at your belly-button. If you can invest in a good pair of shoes (scroll), do it.

I know, just letting you know. The MTM/"bespoke"/bespoke clothing market is booming at the moment but it's mostly shit. Suitsupply is the lowest I've seen recommended, and that was a 500$ suit. 180$ is not a lot for a suit. It's not even a lot for a sport coat. You really will get what you pay for.

Suit sale at David Jones, Tim. Can get a nice one for around $1,200

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

It's for cosplaying? Should have said so before!

[Edit] Wait. It isn't it, is it?

I think he can do whatever he wants with his money, but he said casual/work...

I don't think he's listening anymore...

I'm gonna hit up Value Village once I get home and look for some random-ass tees!

And I'll probably look for some funky dress shirts that I can button up all the way. My neck is pretty big, though. :\

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

You can get extensions if they don't fit your neck but they're good in the chest and sleeve. In my experience thrift shops have more of the bigger sizes than anything else though...

http://www.valetmag.com/ask-valet/valet-concierge/2011/collar-button-extenders-040711.php?rss

3d5le.png

I know it's pretty basic, but are there any little things I can do to improve this? Sorry I'm drinking soda and I look [bleep]ing stupid, but posting it here was an afterthought. Oh and it's an oxford shirt, webcam made it look kinda dressy.