The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a read of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/ehrtv/shujins_comprehensive_fit_guide/. And this: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/mu2zu/the_basic_wardrobe_30/, first, then come back with some questions particular to you.

Ditch the jean shorts, though. They are a juvenile kinda piece of clothing

lampost_sig_stark.png

http://putthison.com/post/811624289/start-by-simplifying

Buy basics. Not necessarily the ones outlined by Jesse, but for whatever style you're going for.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Shoes wise I'm thinking of buying a pair of light-grey converse as white just feels too saturated, black is too dense and colour-wise I've got my red Entites/Vans for that.

what do you think of double uppers?

converse-grey-all-star-double-upper-trainer.jpg

Or stick to standard?

..%5CShoe%20Images%5CConverse%5CConverse%20All%20Star%20DT%20OX%20Grey%20Side.jpg

Popoto.~<3

Cream or off-white kind of thing?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I bought about $400 worth of stuff online in the past few weeks and saved at least 30%. Not to mention the money I saved when I went to outlets. Buying full priced clothing is for suckers :)

Am I the only one who goes to malls to try out stuff and buy it online after? I just need to make sure they fit, but it's just stupid how much cheaper it is even if I ship from US.

Shoes wise I'm thinking of buying a pair of light-grey converse as white just feels too saturated, black is too dense and colour-wise I've got my red Entites/Vans for that.

what do you think of double uppers?

converse-grey-all-star-double-upper-trainer.jpg

Or stick to standard?

..%5CShoe%20Images%5CConverse%5CConverse%20All%20Star%20DT%20OX%20Grey%20Side.jpg

What about them? They're converse and grey. So controversial.

Get navy, black, white, and grey plain tees. I prefer crew necks, but it's up to you. Get khakis in the usual color, simple rinsed denim (don't wash it often), maybe cords. Brown and wheat for the cords, maybe olive. Gray converse are fine, but don't get those double tongue gray ones, get the regular ones. Low or high is up to you. Get a brown belt (PTO has a guide for those). Once you've got that, you can move on to other things. Just get stocked up on basics first or you'll feel like you have a bunch of cool things you can't wear with anything.

I feel like a brown belt with gray converse would be a terrible idea. The belt is normally supposed to match your shoes. The rest of your Omar's advice is pretty solid, except personally I feel like black and white shirts both look...less than stellar on white people, but grey, navy, and burgundy all look great. if you like to layer with a hoodie/other shirt you'd probably be better off with a V than a crew neck as it isn't as distracting then, but again that's all up to personal preference.

You match your shoes with your belt if you're wearing leather shoes IMO, it doesn't really work for sneakers and stuff. Unless you want to go for a webbed belt. I agree about white and black but people insist on wearing those two colors for some reason.

Yeah I normally skip the belt with sneakers except on one blue and brown pair of converse (I'd post a picture to prove that it doesn't look nearly as terrible as that sounds but apparently the shoes I have do not exist on the internet). It just looks awkward to me when they don't match, even if the colors are still complimentary, and most of the time it doesn't even make that much of a difference because if your pants fit right you don't need the belt and if you aren't tucking anything in your shirt will probably cover it anyways.

And that makes more sense about the black and white stuff, you seemed to know your stuff a little too much to be honestly suggesting them, haha. Most people who wear those colors just haven't developed an eye for what compliments their skin yet because they normally haven't cared enough to notice, lol.

Hmmm oval you reckon. I'll probably pay attention to this when/if I ever get around to getting actual glasses...Lol I'm all talk.

Come to Brisbane you beautiful man

You used to call ME beautiful ;___;

Also I live in brissy now, should hit up sometime.

Yeah dude, definitely. I wonder if Iamdan is still around?

• Like 1

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Yeah I normally skip the belt with sneakers except on one blue and brown pair of converse (I'd post a picture to prove that it doesn't look nearly as terrible as that sounds but apparently the shoes I have do not exist on the internet). It just looks awkward to me when they don't match, even if the colors are still complimentary, and most of the time it doesn't even make that much of a difference because if your pants fit right you don't need the belt and if you aren't tucking anything in your shirt will probably cover it anyways.

And that makes more sense about the black and white stuff, you seemed to know your stuff a little too much to be honestly suggesting them, haha. Most people who wear those colors just haven't developed an eye for what compliments their skin yet because they normally haven't cared enough to notice, lol.

Oh nvm, misread.

Hmmm oval you reckon. I'll probably pay attention to this when/if I ever get around to getting actual glasses...Lol I'm all talk.

James never leaves the house, he a basement dweller. He has been sighted at gay bars from time to time however.

rosssigfinal.jpg

James never leaves the house, he a basement dweller. He has been sighted at gay bars from time to time however.

Can confirm, have seen James at these establishments.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Can confirm, have seen James at these establishments.

And we got it on like donkey konggg

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Bought me my first winter coat. Full black, very minimalist with 2 very barely visible pockets. Woollen one, with buttons, but the buttons go into 2-layer thingy, so that from outside you can't see anything besides one flap coming all the way down from up top at the chin til down low. Will post pics when I get it, had to get it to tailor to lengthen the arms part. It is slightly shortish for me for a full coat, but since I am so tall, it is quite impossible for me to find one.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'd like some style advice for job hunting. Lately I'm having an issue getting a job, and with Xmas approching, I don't want to be beaten to employment by inexperienced snotty kids (no offence to some) for the 3rd year in a row. At the moment I either wear my suit pants, a grey long sleeve w/ a silver tie and dress shoes, or I wear a clean t-shirt with no prints, clean jeans and my red Vans for more casual places like clothing retail.

Just wondering if what I'm wearing is off? I'll post pics sometime tomorrow in both outfits to better explain.

Popoto.~<3

I'd like some style advice for job hunting. Lately I'm having an issue getting a job, and with Xmas approching, I don't want to be beaten to employment by inexperienced snotty kids (no offence to some) for the 3rd year in a row. At the moment I either wear my suit pants, a grey long sleeve w/ a silver tie and dress shoes, or I wear a clean t-shirt with no prints, clean jeans and my red Vans for more casual places like clothing retail.

Just wondering if what I'm wearing is off? I'll post pics sometime tomorrow in both outfits to better explain.

I used to work in the employment sector and my advice is see what the current employees wear and make sure you are a little bit more smartly dressed then them. Just think, if your the only inerviewee who shows up in a suit they'll remember you.

I do see what they wear. half the time it's a joke, and wearing a suit all the time makes me feel like a stiff and very out of place, especially in a casual place like clothing retail. (unless its a clothing retail that sells/specifies in said area)

Popoto.~<3

I've only had two job interviews for casual work, Coles and IGA, i got into both first time. IGA was when I was a lot younger (15) I wore t-shirt and jeans. Coles I wore a nice shirt/jeans. You wouldn't want to be wearing a suite to those type of interviews, just smart-casual.

I had an interview for a placement in a law firm and I wore a suit for that, didn't get in ff

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• 4 weeks later...

Being Summer and hot as hell here, I bought a few things for cheap; cost $50 total.

321463-12-2.JPG

v_8a0e6a75116b76dd7a828e19c2c4c7c0_321629-11-2.JPG

v_26108279180b08c609f74b79bb8b9411_320142-35-2.JPG

320918-02-2.JPG

Plus buying a new pair of shorts next week, still deciding what style would suit me. I'm self conscious with shorts coming up past knee caps because I have a lot of scarring on my knee cap area, hence why I wear 3/4 jeans as my short alternatives.

Popoto.~<3