Developer's Blog - Into the Void

Jon Arcane

I'm really looking forward to another good quest. The last two (Blood Pact, Rune Mechanics) were pretty underwhelming. The last good quest was Nomad's Requiem, which was released in January! I need more quests!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited! I haven't been out to the pest control island since they changed pest control, it'll be nice to have a reason to go out there along with getting some lore for the void knights and whatnot (which has been sorely lacking since pest control first came out).

While there are quite a few quest lines that need to be furthered and wrapped up, there's only three developers (one of them is a newbie still cutting his teeth) on this project; I'm not worried about this line slowing down the others. Plus, it'll be great experience for the new developer, likely making him more useful and quicker when helping with other quest lines.

Plus, I'm desperate for a new quest too.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

:thumbsup: Guess what im gonna be wearing when doing this...

I'm speculating you will need the set to star the quest, so it's isn't only you ;)

Then you're speculating wrong, Jagex stated after Nomads Requiem they dont want to force people to play minigames they don't want to that's why only tutorial completion was needed.. having a set is a totally absurd requirement.

When does Jagex EVER keep promises?

inb4 all 3 sets are required

"In order to appeal more to WoW fans, rs will now be known as World of Runecraft!"

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I guess I'm the only one who sees anything wrong here? I mean, aren't there like a dozen already pre-existing questlines that need a new one in some form? Myreque, Pirate, MoTM, Elves, Arposandra, Dwarves, Penguins/Slugs, are the ones that spring to mind? Do we really have to do this now? I mean, I have no issue with this idea for a small quest arc, but I really wish they would finish a few of the others ones first before doing new ones. :mellow:

Would you let a new guy continue an existing storyline?

Sure, since on this project he'll be working with two others, it could be done the same way on an existing storyline. I wouldn't do one of the more important ones like the elves, Myreque or MoTM, but I think they could certainly put him on Pirates or Penguins.

I guess the newcomers can't all have thew chance to do stupid holiday events which would be better. :P

As far as I'm aware, certain developers take care of certain questlines or aspects of Runescape, meaning that Developer A takes care of all Myreque quests, Developer B takes care of the Elves, etc. Ravian is right: They wouldn't just hand an old questline to a new developer unless that questline's previous developer gave it up (like with the dwarves).

They try that, but it doesn't really work out that way. In this case, I would like the head of cotent to have said, okay, you can do it in a year. Now go do this stuff so that the guy who normally develops the Elves quests can do something useful like that instead of coding something useless like Familiarisation. :thumbup:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

warlordsagan, I would like to quote your sig, except with a Mr. Burns way of saying it. "Excellent".

Other than that yay more lore!

Other than other than that the part about old allies and enemies looks intriguing to me. Possibly a follow up to what the Balance Elemental said? <--Please be that!

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I'm usually of the opinion of "Wrap up your loose threads first, then start new stuff!"...

But I have been dying for more guthix-related quests for ages. I mean really involved--not just with his mythology, but with how he's impacting current-day events. Yeah, While Guthix Sleeps and the mentions of Guthixian Edicts were pretty darn involved, but it was such a small fraction compared to Saradomin and Zamorak-touched quests.

The fact that Pest Control didn't come out with such a quest when the minigame was released or even later reworked is an absolute crime. I'm glad they're addressing it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Ah, wonderful, this is something I've wanted in the back of my mind for a long time. To actually ENTER those dark scary portals I destroyed on a regular basis back when I was PCing my 99 attack. I'm hoping the "Void" world sort of resembles the way the cleft of dimension worked in FF5, ie quite random environments sometimes linked together in inconspicuous ways. Would make for some awesome puzzles :thumbup:

:thumbsup: Guess what im gonna be wearing when doing this...

I'm speculating you will need the set to star the quest, so it's isn't only you ;)

Then you're speculating wrong, Jagex stated after Nomads Requiem they dont want to force people to play minigames they don't want to that's why only tutorial completion was needed.. having a set is a totally absurd requirement.

Barrows isn't a minigame?

8f14270694.jpg

Barrows isn't a minigame?

Nomad's Requiem came out after Temple of Sennisten. It's possible that between early December and mid January they had 'cemented' their stance on this. Though I'd love to see the Jmod quote that says it. Certainly it would help clear things up.

hzvjpwS.gif

Ah, wonderful, this is something I've wanted in the back of my mind for a long time. To actually ENTER those dark scary portals I destroyed on a regular basis back when I was PCing my 99 attack. I'm hoping the "Void" world sort of resembles the way the cleft of dimension worked in FF5, ie quite random environments sometimes linked together in inconspicuous ways. Would make for some awesome puzzles :thumbup:

And to that, they would put ina Dung skill requirement and make me train that awful skill to complete the quest. *sigh* Suppose that's just speculation though.

And Ninane, I don't think we have much in the way of Guthix as these days he's much more of a hands off God, unlike Sara and Zammy.

I wish they would wrap up the old storylines, or at least ADVANCE the gnome or myreque one by a step. That said, this quest seems interesting and when it comes out I will be quite happy. Quests are my favorite thing in runescape.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I wish they would wrap up the old storylines, or at least ADVANCE the gnome or myreque one by a step. That said, this quest seems interesting and when it comes out I will be quite happy. Quests are my favorite thing in runescape.

I would have to imagine it's like having a room full of naked women. Some have flat chest, some have bigger ones. Some are blondes, some are brunettes, and even a few redheads. Some are Asian, some might be Brazilian, and perhaps a pale Brit or two.

But as much as you like naked women, they're so many to choose from you don't know what to do first. :ohnoes:

Looking forward to these quests, always been a fan of the Void Knights, I still play Pest Control for fun. The kicks you get when in a good team are awesome, less so when you have the common "I don't know anything bout this game, but I'm going to give other instructions what to do, or just disrupt the gameplay" kinda people. I'm hoping full void equipment will allow you to travel with the Void Knights deeper towards the Pest origins and unlock new equipment, hopefully to bring back the Void superiority it had before the full slay helm update.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Yay, more concept art! :thumbsup:

Seems like another Nomad's Requiem quest to me, using an 'activity' as a starting point for the quest. I am not bothered by this, just speculating.

Maybe the rewards are enchanted Void armor, or even the ones I see on the concept art.

Besides, I need another story to tell to Juna when I meet her for ToG. Maybe I'll get a interesting response from her (or him). :o

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Yay, more concept art! :thumbsup:

Seems like another Nomad's Requiem quest to me, using an 'activity' as a starting point for the quest. I am not bothered by this, just speculating.

Maybe the rewards are enchanted Void armor, or even the ones I see on the concept art.

Besides, I need another story to tell to Juna when I meet her for ToG. Maybe I'll get a interesting response from her (or him). :o

95% sure juna is female.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I would have to imagine it's like having a room full of naked women. Some have flat chest, some have bigger ones. Some are blondes, some are brunettes, and even a few redheads. Some are Asian, some might be Brazilian, and perhaps a pale Brit or two.

But as much as you like naked women, they're so many to choose from you don't know what to do first. :ohnoes:

I don;t get what you mean. Perhaps you could paint us a picture :P.

JK

I can;t wait for this quest line. A GM quest with the series?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

When you finish the quest series, the portals would be sealed, void knights would bid you farewell and retire to their hometown. You save day the and end the long years to fighting back void monsters.

In other words, no more PC.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

When you finish the quest series, the portals would be sealed, void knights would bid you farewell and retire to their hometown. You save day the and end the long years to fighting back void monsters.

In other words, no more PC.

Just imagine the RSOF if this was to happen. :ohnoes: :blink:

Looking forward to playing these quests.

kWMd.gifI0SK.gifSC6s.gifYI0G.gif

If you click on them they hatch or grow up faster and look awesomer!!!

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot. If you're one of the 42% of statistics that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig. In addition, 126.324% of the previous statement does not make sense.

I don;t get what you mean. Perhaps you could paint us a picture :P.

JK

I can;t wait for this quest line. A GM quest with the series?

Would just be easier to take a picture, but sadly Tip frowns upon pictures of naked women are here. Arparently boobs corrupt young minds.

Wow, she's got a huge sword and Bballer has to settle with that little dagger of his. ;)

Concept art is always interesting, but rarely shows any new armors.

Playing at least one PC game will probably be a REQ, seeing as how soul wars was one for nomad's requiem. Maybe I'll go stock up on points, you never know if you'll have to buy something for it :P.