Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the game can live up to the hype it's creating. Would hate to see it fall short now.

Ā 

Yeah would hate this to end up like some other recent fps people hyped up...

I hope the game can live up to the hype it's creating. Would hate to see it fall short now.

Ā 

Ā 

I truly dont see how people hate mw2 so much, if you hate it then why complain about it.

Ā 

But on topic. I dont know how it will work with the whole no stopping power and no juggernaut. I think sniping will either finnally take skill, or it will suck.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Ā 

Ā 

I truly dont see how people hate mw2 so much, if you hate it then why complain about it.

Ā 

But on topic. I dont know how it will work with the whole no stopping power and no juggernaut. I think sniping will either finnally take skill, or it will suck.

Ā 

Funny because I wasn't talking about MW2 haha. Although that game does suck (and hardly anyone from the PC community 'hyped it up' so who cares about it).

Medal of Honor? Played the beta a few times before deleting it. Just so bland and buggy, and so much was just lifted directly from BFBC2 it was pathetic. I'd say that its much worse than MW2, because there is a ton of content in MW2, and the problems are down to bad decisions rather than a lack of effort. Putting out that kind of rushjob game then trying to charge the full Ā£40/$60 is really low.

Ā 

Went to a night at my students union tonight and they had a 360 hooked up to a 60 inch TV to play Nazi zombies on, pretty awesome.

Medal of Honor? Played the beta a few times before deleting it. Just so bland and buggy, and so much was just lifted directly from BFBC2 it was pathetic. I'd say that its much worse than MW2, because there is a ton of content in MW2, and the problems are down to bad decisions rather than a lack of effort. Putting out that kind of rushjob game then trying to charge the full Ā£40/$60 is really low.

Ā 

Went to a night at my students union tonight and they had a 360 hooked up to a 60 inch TV to play Nazi zombies on, pretty awesome.

Ā 

Nah. MoH doesn't feel hyped by people at all.

Ā 

Ā 

For the record the answer was BFBC2. I hyped the hell out of it and it was fun for a bit but then they decided to hardly support it and left the PC version without a patch for months when we had clear reg issues.

MoHs being pretty hyped by the media here in the UK, not to the same level as BOps but im sure plenty of people will buy it without realising that its turned out crap. A minister denounced it as being "un-British" and offensive because you can play as the Taliban.

Ā 

My main gripe with BFBC2 is the way the spawning is set up, because it allows one guy to get behind everyone and then allows another 3 people to spawn in on him. Also the game really screws you over when you start out as your at such a massive disadvantage.

gonna post in here to say that I've just spent 5 hours playing the medal of honour beta and it's pretty damn glorious

Ā 

anyone who dismisses it as a clone of BFBC2, (yet purchases the 3rd version of COD4 released!), is talking nonesense - if you play the game for more than 10 minutes, the differences become recognisabe, not only that but MOH is a lot more fun than BC2, and faster paced.

Ā 

also gonna post to say that PC gaming is best

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Frankly I couldn't stomach that crap for more than a few games. It wasn't just the fact that its a rushjob cobbled together from BFBC2, its more that the gameplay is just so bland.

Ā 

anyone who dismisses it as a clone of BFBC2 is talking nonesense

Ā 

Yeah. Its just that, you know, practically every animation or sound effect is lifted straight from BFBC2.

Ā 

Ā 

If its the best why do you have to come in and state it as if you have some kind of chip on your shoulder?

gonna post in here to say that I've just spent 5 hours playing the medal of honour beta and it's pretty damn glorious

Ā 

anyone who dismisses it as a clone of BFBC2, (yet purchases the 3rd version of COD4 released!), is talking nonesense - if you play the game for more than 10 minutes, the differences become recognisabe, not only that but MOH is a lot more fun than BC2, and faster paced.

Ā 

Ā 

I'll have to see how they changed it from closed beta. Closed was [bleep]ing terrible and a shame. It was just awful so I don't expect anything from this open beta.

Yeah. Its just that, you know, practically every animation or sound effect is lifted straight from BFBC2.

Ā 

bro :/

Ā 

record 5 minutes of bc2, then 5 minutes of MOH, see if they sound at alll the same.

Ā 

- since I know you won't do this; we'll just have to agree to disagree

Ā 

besides which: even if the animations or sounds were the same, that does not change the fact that gameplay is fundamentally different

Ā 

If its the best why do you have to come in and state it as if you have some kind of chip on your shoulder?

Ā 

to fuel my delicious ego my friend, and to remind that console gamers play on an inferior platform and pay more money for their games!

Ā 

I'll have to see how they changed it from closed beta. Closed was [bleep]ing terrible and a shame. It was just awful so I don't expect anything from this open beta.

Ā 

i never played the closed beta, and perhaps it was, but I can safely say that i have had a barrel of fun playing it tonight, and would definitely reccomend it to anyone

Unless they radically changed the game from the closed beta which I played then it is terrible. And I can't see them as having done that in the time window.

Ā 

to fuel my delicious ego my friend, and to remind that console gamers play on an inferior platform and pay more money for their games!

Ā 

Ironically paying more for the games is leading developers to treat the PC as an inferior platform. I'm not criticising PC gaming but it seems like your just angry that the success of console gaming has removed the hegemony the PC once enjoyed, and trying to bait console players because of that.

Alright, just played a couple of hours of the MoH beta with my roomate to get a feel for it. Honestly, I'm not going to buy it.

Ā 

The game, speaking from a technical perspective, was fine. They fixed the lag issues and stuff from closed beta. The problem I have with it is it's just so damn... bland. Everything in it just feels sort of boring to me.

Ā 

Ā 

Oh and the guns in the game, wtf. Dead accurate, no recoil. I thought they would have changed that but they didn't. My roomate unlocked the PKM and it was a dead accurate no recoil 100 round clip gun. All the guns have a ridiculous range in this game and meh... it just feels dumb as hell honestly. It felt like someone made a BFBC2 mod to me. (yes the gameplay is different but there still were several bugs found in BFBC2 that persisted in this game).

each to their own nadril! I admit that I didn't find it boring, the 'lack' of destructible enviroment is replaced with the faster pace it's played at for me

Ā 

@Valeyard; oh no, we don't have glorious ports of COD on the pc

Ā 

it's ok we've got valve

Ā 

gabeknowswhatyoudid.jpg

Already, and we still got another month left. :thumbup:

Not really surprised by the numbers. Might take a few days off from life to play it :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

Ā 

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012),Ā 99 Hunter (2014), Ā 99 ranged (2015),Ā 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015),Ā 99 attack (2015)Ā 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015)Ā 99 Strength(2015)Ā 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017) Ā 99 Mining (2017)Ā 99 Crafting (2017)Ā 99 Smithing (2017)Ā 99 Thieving (2017)Ā Ā 99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]