Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Crazy drivers. I find it disgusting how apathetic some people are when it comes to the lives of everybody else on the road. If flooring it and swerving was nothing more than an exhibition to see who is the most hardcore adrenaline junkie (or who is most likely to win a Darwin Award), then go [developmentally delayed] all you want. But since toying around with tons of steel at high velocities on roads populated with innocent bystanders causes death after death after death, I have a pretty big problem with it.

I piss so many people off at stoplights, people who are crazy drivers I mean. I slowly break, letting go of the gas half a block away (rushing to the line won't do anything; it's still red...plus there's a chance it goes green so you don't even stop).

Once it turns green, I calmly accelerate. Not even hitting 20 by the opposite crosswalk. By quarter-block down I'm at normal speeds. But before that I hear

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Big truck cuts me off. Goes 20 above the speed limit, then I see bright red lights faaaaar in the distance...he's not breaking for a stoplight mind you. :-)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Lol...I used to drive my car 5k under the speed limit, just to anger the speed-freaks on the road....that is, until I found that journey cd...now just open my windows when I wanna piss'm off...lol

div>

There's one girl in my geography class who couldn't name any provinces of Canada, any capital cities of provinces, or find Canada on a world map. (We live in Canada, by the way)

:wall:

I couldn't name a capital of a province in Canada either, but I dont live there.

There's one girl in my geography class who couldn't name any provinces of Canada, any capital cities of provinces, or find Canada on a world map. (We live in Canada, by the way)

I couldn't name a capital of a province in Canada either, but I dont live there.

The only one I know is Edmonton of Alberta. I can name a few provinces though. Can Canadians name all 50 states? It's fine if you can't because most Americans can't name 10.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The only one I know is Edmonton of Alberta. I can name a few provinces though. Can Canadians name all 50 states? It's fine if you can't because most Americans can't name 10.

I'm pretty sure I can :P

Let's see (I won't google till I have to)

[hide]

1. Arkansas
  2. Alabama
  3. Texas
  4. New Mexico
  5. Rhode Island
  6. Georgia
  7. South Dakota
  8. North Dakota
  9. Illinios
  10. Michigan
  11. New York
  12. Washington
  13. Washington DC
  14. Massechusets(sp?)
  15. California
  16. Nevada
  17. Colorado
  18. Oregon
  19. Ohio
  20. Indiana
  21. Virginia
  22. West Virginia
  23. Hawaii
  24. Alaska
  25. Florida
  26. Tennessee
  27. new jersey
  28. Nebraska
  29. Wyoming
  30. Louisiana
  31. Arizona
  32. Utah
  33. Conneticut
  34. North Carolina
  35. South Carolina
  36. Minnesota
  37. California
  38. Wisconsin
  39. Delaware

[/hide]

Well I didn't google for any of that, not bad...can't believe I forgot so many though lol, they're probably really obvious ones too.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm pretty sure I can :P

Let's see (I won't google till I have to)

[hide]

1. Arkansas
  2. Alabama
  3. Texas
  4. New Mexico
  5. Rhode Island
  6. Georgia
  7. South Dakota
  8. North Dakota
  9. Illinios
  10. Michigan
  11. New York
  12. Washington
  13. Washington DC
  14. Massechusets(sp?)
  15. California
  16. Nevada
  17. Colorado
  18. Oregon
  19. Ohio
  20. Indiana
  21. Virginia
  22. West Virginia
  23. Hawaii
  24. Alaska
  25. Florida
  26. Tennessee
  27. new jersey
  28. Nebraska
  29. Wyoming
  30. Louisiana
  31. Arizona
  32. Utah
  33. Conneticut
  34. North Carolina
  35. South Carolina
  36. Minnesota
  37. California
  38. Wisconsin
  39. Delaware

[/hide]

Well I didn't google for any of that, not bad...can't believe I forgot so many though lol, they're probably really obvious ones too.

Nice, you only missed Oklahoma, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Maryland, Utah, Mississippi, Idaho, and Pennsylvania.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

(My point was, it annoys the hell out of me when people know NOTHING about the country they live in)

What about when people know nothing about the rest of the world, and only know about their own countries? I think that's worse.

I think it is excusable for people to know nothing about anything as long as they don't pretend that they know something about it.

For instance, if someone doesn't know anything about events in Africa, but he just lives in his home in the hills of Virginia and doesn't really care about whats happening in the rest of the world, then thats fine.

Its annoying though when people try to say something like "This is the best country!" when they don't even know anything about other countries...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I've been carrying an unlabeled map for the last few weeks just for that purpose. Whenever someone says "X country sucks", or some other such stupidity, I take it out and ask them to point it out. One person didn't know where Mexico was :-|

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've been carrying an unlabeled map for the last few weeks just for that purpose. Whenever someone says "X country sucks", or some other such stupidity, I take it out and ask them to point it out. One person didn't know where Mexico was :-|

Idontwanttoliveinthisworldanymore.jpg

You've got to have a backup plan in case somebody has basic knowledge of the world. You should ask about the most recent war said country was in.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You've got to have a backup plan in case somebody has basic knowledge of the world. You should ask about the most recent war said country was in.

Good point.

And if that fails, ask them who their leader was in 1645. If they can't answer who was leading Japan in 1645, they MUST be complete idiots. Pfft.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Good point.

And if that fails, ask them who their leader was in 1645. If they can't answer who was leading Japan in 1645, they MUST be complete idiots. Pfft.

Bill Gates?

(My point was, it annoys the hell out of me when people know NOTHING about the country they live in)

What about when people know nothing about the rest of the world, and only know about their own countries? I think that's worse.

I think it is excusable for people to know nothing about anything as long as they don't pretend that they know something about it.

For instance, if someone doesn't know anything about events in Africa, but he just lives in his home in the hills of Virginia and doesn't really care about whats happening in the rest of the world, then thats fine.

Its annoying though when people try to say something like "This is the best country!" when they don't even know anything about other countries...

Haha that's very true. I was trolling on youtube the other day (as I do) and someone said to me "that's why everyone hates Australians". I was like "they do!? Why?". The answer was "because your country is so dumb". I couldn't argue with a fine point like that.

As to the dude that carries a map, if you want to slyly expose some ignorance in a conversation, ask them "what country do you think is really poor and needs more aid?". Often the 'country' the nominate is Africa...

As to the dude that carries a map, if you want to slyly expose some ignorance in a conversation, ask them "what country do you think is really poor and needs more aid?". Often the 'country' the nominate is Africa...

I really have to start doing this, sounds like fun.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I really have to start doing this, sounds like fun.

Im going to have some fun tomorrow.

1cHyX.jpg

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang