Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

People who criticise Tip.It writers for stating opinion as fact. It's exactly what we're meant to do, regardless of their personal preferences.

People who criticise an article despite not having finished it or read it properly.

People who criticise odd-phrases, even if other parts of an article disprove their criticism.

In general, I hate it when, having gone to the effort of writing an article, people respond lazily and stupidly. The above types of criticism come under this category.

/rant

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Opinions should always be portrayed as facts, and backed up with an argument instead of stats. If you don't believe in your own opinion, no one else will. They're talking nonsense if they think otherwise (but this is General Discussion we're talking about).

OH HE MAD

OT: Bridezillas. I watch the show and it makes me laugh, but it also pisses me off. I can't believe guys let women walk all over them like that. Today a woman's veil broke, so she went to the store to get another one. She wanted to return it saying that she couldn't possibly have broken it, that the cashier must have done it. I would have stopped talking to her at all.

PM me for fitocracy invite

What really annoys me at the moment is the awkward transition between my own home and my boyfriend's. I spent 3-4 days a week at his house, usually at the weekend, then come back home. Whenever I'm at his I feel a little like I should be at home, especially if it means I'm leaving my brother on his own for a bit, but when I return back home the same day I'm wanting to go back. It's awkward to go between having lovely meals with my bf, spending the day watching anime or star trek and having fun, and a house where the hot water wasn't even working, people shout for me to do things and talk in loud voices, the house is a mess and there's not very much food for me to eat (and when my dad cooked pasta tonight it wasn't very good =/).

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

What really annoys me at the moment is the awkward transition between my own home and my boyfriend's. I spent 3-4 days a week at his house, usually at the weekend, then come back home. Whenever I'm at his I feel a little like I should be at home, especially if it means I'm leaving my brother on his own for a bit, but when I return back home the same day I'm wanting to go back. It's awkward to go between having lovely meals with my bf, spending the day watching anime or star trek and having fun, and a house where the hot water wasn't even working, people shout for me to do things and talk in loud voices, the house is a mess and there's not very much food for me to eat (and when my dad cooked pasta tonight it wasn't very good =/).

The solution - if you truly believe that it's the right choice, move in with him. Be sure that your brother is being looked after, by a relative or a friend. It shouldn't be too hard to get used to, but I agree it's difficult when you're in a dilemma/lose-lose situation.

People who criticise Tip.It writers for stating opinion as fact. It's exactly what we're meant to do, regardless of their personal preferences.

People who criticise an article despite not having finished it or read it properly.

People who criticise odd-phrases, even if other parts of an article disprove their criticism.

In general, I hate it when, having gone to the effort of writing an article, people respond lazily and stupidly. The above types of criticism come under this category.

/rant

As a new times writer myself - I can feel your pain. I never let it get to a personal level though.

The solution - if you truly believe that it's the right choice, move in with him. Be sure that your brother is being looked after, by a relative or a friend. It shouldn't be too hard to get used to, but I agree it's difficult when you're in a dilemma/lose-lose situation.

The thing is I *would* have been renting a room from him but the decision about where I'd be living in September came when we just started going out and I was very unsure. However in a month's time I am moving out into University accommodation which is like, 5 minutes away from him, so it's good. It's a shame I won't actually be living with him, but I am very excited to move out anyway :) Depending on how things go I may not come back home next summer, if I can successfully live without my parents without dying of starvation :P

That is another thing that annoys me, the wait until I can move out. It's such a *long* wait!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Why do you need to uninstall IE anyways? Just download another browser and set that to default then you can put the IE shortcut into the Recycling Bin. It's as good as gone.

Because it's my computer, and I want to use the software I like, not what Microsoft wants to force on me.

On this topic, today I finally got sick of that that stupid windows update pop-up telling you windows needs to restart. I've already disabled the automatic restarts, but the pop-up itself still shows up every 4 hours. I'm pissed, so I go to close the process, and it keeps popping back up every 5 seconds. So I decide to try and delete the [Caution: Executable File] associated with the process (Probably a bad idea, I made a backup anyways), and I find out I don't have permission to. Apparently Microsoft decided the Admin of the system can't be trusted to delete files off their own computer, and assigned permission to all files in the System32 and other system folders to 'TrustedInstaller'. Basically, to delete the file, I had to kill the TrustedInstaller process, delete it from permissions before it popped back up, assign the permissions to me, and go through a bunch of warning messages. I am so mad right now, I am seriously considering switching to Linux.

Why do you need to uninstall IE anyways? Just download another browser and set that to default then you can put the IE shortcut into the Recycling Bin. It's as good as gone.

Because it's my computer, and I want to use the software I like, not what Microsoft wants to force on me.

Then don't use it?

Me (my younger variant). I'm not joking either - it's only 2 years back that I was a completely different person, judging from my older posts. It's hard to imagine that people change so rapidly too.

This also brings up another thing - the search restrictions on TIF. I want to see my first few posts, to reflect on how much I've changed, but I can't.

Me (my younger variant). I'm not joking either - it's only 2 years back that I was a completely different person, judging from my older posts. It's hard to imagine that people change so rapidly too.

This also brings up another thing - the search restrictions on TIF. I want to see my first few posts, to reflect on how much I've changed, but I can't.

I forget what article exactly, but an article on cracked talked about this. It happens every couple years or so, you say "oh how stupid I was, now I'm much more with it". Then in two years you'll say it again.

I forget what article exactly, but an article on cracked talked about this. It happens every couple years or so, you say "oh how stupid I was, now I'm much more with it". Then in two years you'll say it again.

Would it be this one? http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-they-never-told-us/

Based off a Google search, so it could be completely wrong though

EDIT - It is!!

Opinions should always be portrayed as facts, and backed up with an argument instead of stats.

What the f-

Someone...actually, thinks this? Holy crap, you know how long I waited for someone to understand this? :thumbsup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I bought the wrong momentary switch. It's normally closed instead of open. Had I not double checked it I could be in a world of hurt right now (badly burned fingers). Since I checked it, I had to tear my project half apart, now I need to buy a replacement.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Three words: Toddlers & Tiaras. Especially the parents of those kids.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Tif, fix your servers :|

They go down, how you say, more often than a stripper's panties :P

Three words: Toddlers & Tiaras. Especially the parents of those kids.

Yeah, this one mother was forcing her child to get her eyebrows waxed, even though she was crying and didn't want to. It reminds me of that scene from Bruno where they got parents willing to let their children dress up as a nazi pushing a jew into an oven just for a bit of money.

2 hours? Hmm. I don't know. I think we need to consult our local stripper, Dizzle, who is very knowledgeable in this field.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I hate people who thinks they're on the top of this world, and anyone who befriends me just for personal profit basically..

It's a dog eat dog world out there. Nobody makes it to the top by being kind and generous.

I hate people who thinks they're on the top of this world, and anyone who befriends me just for personal profit basically..

It's a dog eat dog world out there. Nobody makes it to the top by being kind and generous.

I'm not talking about who actually accomplish something, i'm talking about people who does nothing and think they're elite and special.

Cybermullet.png