Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

When the White House announces the POTUS will make an announcment at 1:00 P.M., and he appears and begins speaking at 1:53 P.M.

When the POTUS makes a speech and the DJIA drops 100 points... during the speech. Yeah, thanks.

High five everyone, we're doing the double dip.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

When the White House announces the POTUS will make an announcment at 1:00 P.M., and he appears and begins speaking at 1:53 P.M.

When the POTUS makes a speech and the DJIA drops 100 points... during the speech. Yeah, thanks.

[bleep] America. I'm moving to Canada when I can.

PM me for fitocracy invite

[bleep] America. I'm moving to Canada when I can.

If I ever move to another country, it'll be Australia.

And it's not like you go to a prayer rally and say "Yeah God can't/won't help us guys, sorry."

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Praying for God to guide a political leader to make the right choices isn't the same as telling God to run the country.

For you atheists, it's almost the exact same thing as 'hoping Obama will make good choices for our country.' I don't hear you criticizing people for hoping for the greater good.

EDIT: I'm not starting a God debate. I'm just pointing out that this governor's prayer can be likened to 'hope,' which isn't a wrong thing to do.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Everyone needs some hope. But when you're setting major issues aside to pray, then that's your choice.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

London Riots.

[bleep]ing idiots just burning and looting buildings for fun. Well done, cost the taxpayer millions and create a [cabbage] image for your generation.

All accross Birmingham aswell, absolutely pathetic.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

And time as short as an hour of prayer will impact such major issues? I highly doubt.

Not the point.

What we should be doing is fixing our problems that we created. Not hoping some man in the sky will fix them for us.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

You don't understand me, then. I'll try not to take your 'man in the sky' phrase as a goading remark.

God or no God, prayer does not prevent people from doing their best in trying to fix these problems. People can pray and fulfill their duty just as people can hope and fulfill their duty.

Of course, anyone who sits back and expects things to get done by themselves is an idiot. But I don't see prayer as doing just that.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

All depends on whether or not the governor actually does anything. It WAS at a prayer rally, but if he actually plans to include religion in his job then he's unfit to lead.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

All depends on whether or not the governor actually does anything. It WAS at a prayer rally, but if he actually plans to include religion in his job then he's unfit to lead.

My response to the latter statement will be determined by your meaning of religion.

I sure hope you aren't saying that leaders who are not atheists are unfit for their position. :P Any belief system will ultimately affect people's decisions.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

My response to the latter statement will be determined by your meaning of religion.

I sure hope you aren't saying that leaders who are not atheists are unfit for their position. :P Any belief system will ultimately affect people's decisions.

Let me clarify. I have no problem with having a leader that believes in a god (well, I personally have a problem with believing in one, but there's no legal or moral reason against it), I just don't want him making decisions that affect everyone in the state based on his religion.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I respect that. I'm just saying, that's tough to ask. A person's belief system (like I kinda already hinted at), no matter what religion it's rooted in, will undoubtedly affect their decisions. Of course, it's hard for us to point out which decisions were affect or not. We can only assume that he/she as a whole has been affected, and therefore his/her actions have been as well.

So, I'll say that it isn't only him that we're talking about now. It's every leader who believes in some greater being/human/woman/object (i.e. all theists).

Anyway: I get annoyed when people leave cereal or chip bags open. I hate eating stale food.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I get annoyed when I break drum sticks. I have like 20 drum sticks, each with the other stick in the pair broken. :|

Ugh. Stale food is just nasty. The open bag thing reminds me of people that leave doors open. Especially front doors. Since I have indoor cats, it's really annoying when they just leave the door open and the cats bolt for the outside.

I mean come on, if the door was closed when you came in, wouldn't it be logical to shut it when you come in?

Some dude left our door open one time and my parakeet flew out and ended up dying (probably freezing to death in a tree). I was pretty angry.

@Rob: My roommate plays the drums. He's made a kinda fence like thing with his broken drumsticks. It's pretty cool. You should do that.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

A person's belief system (like I kinda already hinted at), no matter what religion it's rooted in, will undoubtedly affect their decisions.

If this is actually true, then I would not in fact want someone religious leading a state.

PM me for fitocracy invite

A person's belief system (like I kinda already hinted at), no matter what religion it's rooted in, will undoubtedly affect their decisions.

If this is actually true, then I would not in fact want someone religious leading a state.

You could say this about literally any kind of upbringing or background. People's lives affect their decisions, that's why those decisions aren't always the same. Someone who grew up upper-class is going to make different decisions than someone who grew up lower class, as is a man and a woman, a younger person or an older person, or whatever else you want to say. But saying that any other group shouldn't be able to run is the fastest way to get called a Nazi.

The only real difference is whether or not you as an individual was brought up in a similar way.