Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I hate American spellings of words. It's centre, colour, armour, night, etc. Even worse is when Firefox tries to tell you you're spelling it wrong. Is there a way to change dictionaries? Short of just adding each proper spelling to the custom dictionary.

I hate American spellings of words. It's centre, colour, armour, night, etc. Even worse is when Firefox tries to tell you you're spelling it wrong. Is there a way to change dictionaries? Short of just adding each proper spelling to the custom dictionary.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/english-australian-dictionary/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/

You're welcome. :thumbup:

Fairly sure they are both the same, but still.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Those words have unnecessary letters in them that don't even affect the way the word is pronounced. Why spell colour when color gives you the exact same word, pronounced the exact same way, but spelled without any extra letters?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Those words have unnecessary letters in them that don't even affect the way the word is pronounced. Why spell colour when color gives you the exact same word, pronounced the exact same way, but spelled without any extra letters?

Colour

Col-ur.

Makes more sense to have that U in.

Uhhh night?

As in people go to bed in the night? I don't get where you're going with that word, seeing how we spell it the same.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Colour

Col-ur.

Makes more sense to have that U in.

For the rest of them, the sound you get is more or less the same. CentER versus CentRE, ArmOR versus ArmOUR... Depending on how you pronounce "Colo(u)r", it could be the same as well (-ur or -er).

Fortunately, people from both countries can understand the other.

English phoenetics are broken; the language is a hybrid of Germanic languages and French that has the most absued phoenetic rules of any language I've come across.

The spellings of words such as "centre" is down to Francophone influence. Though "center" is more correct, the Americanised changes were thought up largely by one guy (the name evades me), who changed them for pretty pretentious reasons.

"Colour" is a superior and more sensible spelling than "colour".

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

jesus.png

This was on my Facebook today and it annoys the hell out of me. Does she really think that Jesus is going to intervene on a case by case basis to stop the natural atmospheric flow that generates weather patterns? Most of those hidden comments are "I'm praying too!!!!". So annoying.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

jesus.png

This was on my Facebook today and it annoys the hell out of me. Does she really think that Jesus is going to intervene on a case by case basis to stop the natural atmospheric flow that generates weather patterns? Most of those hidden comments are "I'm praying too!!!!". So annoying.

I hope it rains.

A girl who I have on Facebook had her status as "Omg, kicked out AGAIN! D:"

She and her friends comment on it, blasting her mom for kicking her out. Then her mom comments on it, saying "I didn't kick you out, you got pissed off and stormed out cause I wouldn't buy you alcohol". They go on arguing for a bit on Facebook, where it can be seen by anyone (they're both using terrible grammar, by the way). Eventually, she deletes the status.

About three hours later, her Facebook status is "Watching Jersey shore with the momma!"

:wall:

Fundamentalist Christians.

Scratch that, fundamentalist any religion.

jesus.png

jesus.png

I hope it rains.

Atheists.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

No. Realists. There's a big difference. Even if Jesus and Christianity are real, does this lady think Jesus IS READING FACEBOOK??????

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

You obviously show a clear misunderstanding of what she was trying to accomplish by that post.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You obviously show a clear misunderstanding of what she was trying to accomplish by that post.

Why not just say "Idiots" and leave it at that? The idiot atheists shouldn't get off any easier than the idiot theists, should they? Then all the sane ones can sit back and laugh at them together :razz:

No. Realists. There's a big difference. Even if Jesus and Christianity are real, does this lady think Jesus IS READING FACEBOOK??????

:lol:

You crack me up. I'm sure Jesus helped her out personally... Or not. :twisted:

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Why not just say "Idiots" and leave it at that? The idiot atheists shouldn't get off any easier than the idiot theists, should they? Then all the sane ones can sit back and laugh at them together :razz:

I like this.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

:lol:

You crack me up. I'm sure Jesus helped her out personally... Or not. :twisted:

50516_37268743271_1173740_q.jpg Jesus likes this icon_thumbsu.gif