Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

The air conditioning at my school's Performing Arts Center is broken. Like, broken broken. They have to replace some of the big machinery stuff and that's going to take a couple of weeks. Of course, this makes the inside just as hot as the outside but without outside conditions to make it feel decent.

Only 9 days left of this...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

@Rob: My roommate plays the drums. He's made a kinda fence like thing with his broken drumsticks. It's pretty cool. You should do that.

That does sound pretty cool, I might try that, thanks.

London Riots.

[bleep]ing idiots just burning and looting buildings for fun. Well done, cost the taxpayer millions and create a [cabbage] image for your generation.

university students pissed off at a party that caters to the excessively privileged. the irony.

A person's belief system (like I kinda already hinted at), no matter what religion it's rooted in, will undoubtedly affect their decisions.

If this is actually true, then I would not in fact want someone religious leading a state.

You could say this about literally any kind of upbringing or background. People's lives affect their decisions, that's why those decisions aren't always the same. Someone who grew up upper-class is going to make different decisions than someone who grew up lower class, as is a man and a woman, a younger person or an older person, or whatever else you want to say. But saying that any other group shouldn't be able to run is the fastest way to get called a Nazi.

The only real difference is whether or not you as an individual was brought up in a similar way.

I'm open to any background and upbringing. My concern is with the apparent hooking up of church and state. Religion is supposed to be private, not something to base statewide policies on.

PM me for fitocracy invite

For all I know, and from what you seem to be saying, I can confidently say, then, that religion and state have never been separate; this is if you deem a state leader being affiliated with a religion as the connection between religion and state (which is really looks like you're doing). In that case, religion has never been 'private'.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

London Riots.

[bleep]ing idiots just burning and looting buildings for fun. Well done, cost the taxpayer millions and create a [cabbage] image for your generation.

university students pissed off at a party that caters to the excessively privileged. the irony.

These riots are not politically motivated, these riots are a bunch of [cabbage]-for-brains criminals making use of what they see as a chance to steal and break stuff without fearing repercussions

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

London Riots.

These riots are not politically motivated, these riots are a bunch of [cabbage]-for-brains criminals making use of what they see as a chance to steal and break stuff without fearing repercussions

eh. thanks. i've not really been keeping up with stuff but yeah, i just went and checked it out. derr.

but yeah i agree, it's like what are you even doing

Of all the grievances cited by the rioters I've not yet heard anyhing about universities...

It does concern me though. I know it's bad enough for normal citizens but if you're an elderly person in a residiential home, or a vulnerable adult, I'd hate to think what kind of distress these events are having on them.

I don't understand why the Army hasn't been called in. The protests are not political, they're not even about the shooting that happened last week. There's some rioters claiming it's because they're unemployed, so you solve that by burning several workplaces to the ground? This is plain civil anarchism and it should be treat as such. Not live ammo, but enough force to get the message across. Whatever the case, the Police are not coping.

Of all the grievances cited by the rioters I've not yet heard anyhing about universities...

It does concern me though. I know it's bad enough for normal citizens but if you're an elderly person in a residiential home, or a vulnerable adult, I'd hate to think what kind of distress these events are having on them.

I don't understand why the Army hasn't been called in. The protests are not political, they're not even about the shooting that happened last week. There's some rioters claiming it's because they're unemployed, so you solve that by burning several workplaces to the ground? This is plain civil anarchism and it should be treat as such. Not live ammo, but enough force to get the message across. Whatever the case, the Police are not coping.

I agree. It got out of hand far too quickly. I've been watching the coverage of it online and reading the reddit topic about it all night (which has loads of first-hand accounts from redditors living in London at the minute). It'll be interesting to see how the worst affected areas recover from this once it's over. It seems like looting and burning the shops in your own area is a bit like shooting yourself in the foot. Sure, you've stole yourself a new plasma TV, put some shop windows in and set fire to a police car but when it's all over your area is going to be a lot worse off than it was before the rioters burned local businesses to the ground.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

My brother tends to pick up girls I've already done stuff with. He also brings them in my room to watch TV. I was just taking a nap and woke up to see him and a girl I used to hang out with on the couch in my room. :angry:

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

When people talk to you on facebook, but you don't see them/forget they were talking to you, so you don't respond to them in a timely manner and they think you're ignoring them on purpose.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

^ That's probably the only instance in which I ever actually lie nowadays. I'll be browsing and completely forget I'm talking to someone (I have the sound disabled). So then I'll just make something up like "Was getting my laundry, sorry."

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

If I don't feel like answering someone back on Facebook chat, I just ignore them. If you make a habit of being inconsistent in your replies, people get used to it. It's when you type back immediately all the time that you get accused of ignoring people when you're not paying attention.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I have a habit of x'ing out Facebook a lot, regardless of if I'm talking to someone. So quite often, 15 minutes later, I'll be like "[bleep], I was talking to _____"

Is it just me, or is OT getting a lot more hostile towards religions lately?

2 people in particular.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I'm majorly annoyed by people who act like they don't care what other people think, when really they care enough to want other people to think they don't care. :huh:

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

I'm majorly annoyed by people who act like they don't care what other people think, when really they care enough to want other people to think they don't care. :huh:

RCE2a.jpg

Is it just me, or is OT getting a lot more hostile towards religions lately?

2 people in particular.

>_>

<_<

That kind of thing's been happening on and off for quite a while now. People come in, discuss religion, [cabbage]storms ensue for a little bit, then life goes on. Repeat as necessary. Usually with new people on each side.

That's a pretty horse[cabbage] reason; I've been unemployed myself for a while and although I hate being made out to be a bad guy scrounger too I really wouldn't want to go out and risk my future even more than I've already managed to do. And considering the current social climate and lack of training/opportunities where I'm situated, it's already looking pretty tentative.

Though I guess not everyone can act rationally if they reach a certain point. Still doesn't make it justifiable.

I'm pretty ticked off right now.

Family computer has a virus, I get blamed because I installed firefox a year ago. Flash drive went caput when trying to kill virus. Why can't people be computer literate?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪