Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Mandatory PE class. All it does is make everyone who isn't super athletic hate school even more.

I don't know what kind of PE classes you're required to take, but I'm not athletic at all and our PE classes were a joke. The hardest thing might be some running.

Short-course PE (basically, for those who didn't choose to do PE properly as a GCSE) in our school was a joke. I love sport, I love playing sport, I love a good contest. I also loved studying science, so I don't see it as a dichotomy between science types and sporty types. Most others in the class enjoyed a break from the more conventional subjects, even if they didn't have the enthusiasm for sport I personally did. A very few people genuinely hated the subject, and when you looked at their physique, it was nothing to do with interests, it's because they literally couldn't run. Point is, I think most people generally find playing sport a fun thing to do so long as it's not taken too seriously, regardless of what the specific sport is. You don't need to be athletic, you just need to enjoy yourself.

So why did they make us do the subject by learning theory, rather than splitting us into two teams, giving us a basketball for 45 minutes and letting us get on with it? You teach anything like PE through a textbook, and you'll kill off the enthusiasm in just about everyone.

The last time I had PE was four years ago. (Marching band gives PE credits at my school) Back then it was all dodgeball, flicker football, and if the coach was out for something then the female coach would make us play volleyball with the girls. (which we always lost)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I hate how everyone freaks out when they find out I'm an atheist. It's really not that big of a deal. I'm still the same person as before...

The contrast between the US and the UK is rather amazing. It's deemed relatively normal to be an atheist here, whereas over in the US, you'd probably get persecuted for being who you are.

It annoys me when I don't receive responses to queries in customer-support related services. I'm your client, stop ignoring me dammit.

I hate how everyone freaks out when they find out I'm an atheist. It's really not that big of a deal. I'm still the same person as before...

The contrast between the US and the UK is rather amazing. It's deemed relatively normal to be an atheist here, whereas over in the US, you'd probably get persecuted for being who you are.

This post along with your username is so ridiculously laughable.

Too many Catholics here to change anything - but we are heavy in radical thinking...so it's a nice contrast.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The username was in reference to supernatural assumptions and such. It may be perceived as ironic, but I was speaking in a somewhat general context describing how public hate of atheists are much more pronounced than of the UK - not legal persecution. It's poorly worded, I'll admit.

Why do you feel the constant need to attempt to berate me? Is there any good reason for it? You've already done this on another thread.

On topic: Lurkers who contribute nothing.

The username was in reference to supernatural assumptions and such. It may be perceived as ironic, but I was speaking in a somewhat general context describing how public hate of atheists are much more pronounced than of the UK - not legal persecution. It's poorly worded, I'll admit.

Why do you feel the constant need to attempt to berate me? Is there any good reason for it? You've already done this on another thread.

On topic: Lurkers who contribute nothing.

? I'm not personally going after you or anything, if that's what you're getting at, I don't know who you even are. It's just funny how your username is "assume nothing" and then you go ahead and make a huge assumption that in America atheists would "probably get persecuted" for being atheists.

It's a judgement based on the fact that discrimination/hate against atheists are so prevalent. There are so many cases of it that it's not too far-fetched to postulate that those who live in the United States are more likely to be a 'victim' of some form of persecution.

[hide]WhenpeopleaskwhyIhaveaproblemwithreligionitshardtocomeupwithasingleanswer.jpg[/hide]

Well if it makes you feel any better, no one where I live really gives a [bleep] if you're an atheist or not. The idea that you would be persecuted for being an atheist in the US would vary so, so much by the people you're around and the location you're at. Making the generalization that you'd be persecuted in the U.S. for being an atheist is a bit foolish though.

Well if it makes you feel any better, no one where I live really gives a [bleep] if you're an atheist or not. The idea that you would be persecuted for being an atheist in the US would vary so, so much by the people you're around and the location you're at. Making the generalization that you'd be persecuted in the U.S. for being an atheist is a bit foolish though.

It doesn't help that many of the noticeable atheists are the ones that act like the man of many names (Assume Nothing/Skeptic): bringing up their atheism at every opportunity in the least pleasant way possible.

That kind of thing irks me a bit :razz:

There are few things more annoying than that one atheist kid that has to start getting mad over someone saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes, or has to say shit like "WELL IN THE BIBLE THEY ALSO SAY GOD WILL KILL YOU IF YOU GO OUTSIDE ON SUNDAY, HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BELIEVE THIS OLD BOOK? SO ILLOGICAL" if someone quotes a bible verse they like.

It doesn't help that many of the noticeable atheists are the ones that act like the man of many names (Assume Nothing/Skeptic): bringing up their atheism at every opportunity in the least pleasant way possible.

That kind of thing irks me a bit :razz:

You could apply this to anyone who has this feeling to a religion and feels the need to mention it or their agenda in a conversation. It's why I refuse to keep any conversation with my mother over two minutes long because I know she habitually does this.

Then again, anyone trying to reference anything so they can get their agenda or cause involved in the conversation and drag it to their field, regardless of what subject it is, can be included. I get the feeling they didn't really want to chat with me to begin with.

You could apply this to anyone who has this feeling to a religion and feels the need to mention it or their agenda in a conversation. It's why I refuse to keep any conversation with my mother over two minutes long because I know she habitually does this.

Then again, anyone trying to reference anything so they can get their agenda or cause involved in the conversation and drag it to their field, regardless of what subject it is, can be included. I get the feeling they didn't really want to chat with me to begin with.

I feel the same, and just used atheism as an example because that's the topic that was going on. :razz:

Really, this is going to be my only post on the subject, but being Catholic, I don't mind being around atheists, as long as ideas aren't pushed down other people's throats. By this I mean, I'm catholic, but I don't push religion on people, and I espect the same from others, not to push their religion/non-religion on me.

Yeah, I agree- I'm atheist as well, yet I've never encountered any negative feelings towards that, maybe because other people only "find out" that I'm an atheist if we're actually having a conversation on this topic which usually doesn't happen that often because frankly, there are better things to talk about.

Really, this is going to be my only post on the subject, but being Catholic, I don't mind being around atheists, as long as ideas aren't pushed down other people's throats. By this I mean, I'm catholic, but I don't push religion on people, and I espect the same from others, not to push their religion/non-religion on me.

If only the world could be like that... The amount of times I'll be sat outside having lunch with friends on a field in the city centre, and someone from one of the many religions will sit down and start discussing it and asking why we don't follow their religion. I become a tad irate sometimes, moreso because I'm trying to eat <_< .

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous