Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Can't you see the glaringly obvious contradiction between those two sentences? To be civil, respectful and reasonable about one's differences to another person is to be politically correct. Incorrectness in that situation would be expressing those differences through abuse and violence. Unless you're willing to admit that you want to go around beating up muslims/gays/Jews/immigrants/atheists, I don't understand why you'd take an issue against political correctness.

But what some people deem to be politically correct is just absurd: "Don't ever say the word fat, old, black, gay, little, etc.". I'm a believer that you cannot let others make you feel inferior without your consent, but obviously there's a line between harassment and insensitivity.

I don't think any sincere person on the left side of the political spectrum would honestly get behind those cretins. The term "gay" is fine, in fact, I think it would better if people used it more because it means more offensive terms get sidelined away from mainstream use. I've yet to find a gay man who's been insulted from being called gay, and I've certainly never found a gay man who'd prefer to be called "queer". Just call a spade a spade.

We're defining words differently. I'm specifically referring to political correctness that denotes 'not offending... anyone' - whilst you can be civil, reasonable, and respectful of others - irrational people would still be offended by a dissenting opinion on the more taboo subjects which I love discussing.

I don't see what's wrong with calling someone homosexual, gay, white, black, poor, fat, etc. in a purely descriptive context. Why people expect the sugar-coated euphemistic language I don't know.

To be fair, it's kind of hard to explain why I'm still hanging out on a Runescape fansite if I don't play Runescape. "Oh, I'm only sticking around for the community in the Off-Topic section" doesn't cut it for some reason.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The Kardashians.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

stupid different video formats.

I've been trying to put together a video, but can't because it was filmed with a FullHD-Camera and my RAM is too low to deal with the big amounts of memory needed. I tried converting it to a lower bitrate, but despite it being the same format, it won't work now, saying that it needs quicktime player to decode that. Tried a whole bunch of other formats as well, nothing works :wall:

>Explains what Katawa Shoujo is in a Soul Calibur V lobby.

>Gets kicked out of said lobby on the basis that I am a spawn of Satan.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

"Oh my God, I hate how person X always talks about people behind their backs!"

You're talking about person X behind their back you damned hypocrites!

I've met a few people who did that, but I couldn't bother giving them the observation and let my giggle annoy them instead.

As for the whole hypocrisy thing, it's irksome when I keep seeing people abuse the word frequently and treat changing your own beliefs and speaking out against something they did in the past that they regretted as a crime to the point I find it more cringe-worthy than abusing 'irony'. I've yet to meet one person who didn't do something considered hypocritical to any degree. This wasn't to people who use the word occasionally, but to those exaggerate and abuse its definition frequently as a tactic to give themselves an upper hand over someone.

I'm playing Tetris on two different platforms and I'm finding the button layout very annoying. I'm used to playing on the DS emulator but I recently started playing the facebook Tetris and whilst I do well in it, I don't do as well as I would on the DS emulator. In tense moments I accidentally tap a button a few too many times which is hazardous when it's the 'drop' button. It creates a huge lump of mismatched blocks and the opponent comes out of nowhere and defeats you <_<

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Since I avoid those pesky humans at all costs, it's recently got annoying with a couple of people that seemingly want to talk to me 24/7.

*Steam Vchat*

*Ignore*

Me: I'll call you after dinner.

Them: K

*10 mins later another Vchat. I don't answer*

Them: U there?

Them: Hello?

Them: You finish dinner yet?

I SAID I WILL CALL YOU AFTER DINNER. Let's play a logic game.

I will call you after dinner. If I do not call, then I have not finished dinner.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'm starting to get sick of learning about evolution. Not that I don't agree with the concept or anything, but many of the science classes I've been in have felt the need to shoehorn it in to the curriculum. It's like "Yes, I get it! I've known this for most of my life! Can you please go back to teaching introductory psychology now?" -.-

It doesn't help that they don't teach us anything new about it.

I too had a similar disposition regarding my siblings and extended family but I realised I couldn't change the situation. I have opted to get myself out of there which I will be doing this September once the new term begins. Until then I shall hold my tongue and vent on an internet forum :P

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢