Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Isn't that the entire notion of religion?

I'd say that's a bit of a stretch, but let's leave it for the 'Religion' thread.

Windows Live Updates.

Postpone: 4 hours x 1billion. :P

Unfortunately my laptop is somewhat of a rebel and I have to keep it open until it completely shuts off. That's a hassle especially when my laptop needs constant power and it's 3am.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Isn't that the entire notion of religion?

Pretty much. My brother gets annoyed how I tear apart his ideals with my "liberal ideas" when he gets emotional on a subject. I'm sounding like a huge jerk/troll for saying this, but I find it enjoyable to do after he has an episode with being overly oppressive. :P

Warm all winter is really irritating. I feel and think better in the cold and it's only snowed twice.

Teachers that only use the "method" of giving us note packets that are basically the whole lesson with every 10 or so words cut out, and we spend the class going over a powerpoint of the exact same packet and we fill in the words.

So like, if the packet says "All elements in group 18 have 8 ________________."

Then the class would watch the powerpoint presentation and wait for it to display "All elements in group 18 have 8 valence electrons" and fill in our blank. In the end, it requires no thought whatsoever, and we end up memorizing a series of words rather than learning how and why something works.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've found that one of the most annoying dishonest forms of argumentation would be the straw-man approach. It takes so much time/effort to explain why it's flawed, because I'd have to quote and refer back to old material - and it's hampered by the lack of character-limits on YouTube.

I absolutely despise that method of teaching, where the class all work at the same, extremely slow pace. The women at our college who are ICT teachers know considerably less than the male teachers, even in their specialized subject. We spend a good hour of their lesson staring blankly at the board as they speak utter crap, most of it a recap of the previous lesson. What makes it worse is that the teachers make us turn our monitor off so we can't do our work on the sly. We have to take down notes on a notepad instead of on Word.

Apparently listening to explanations of things you already know takes precedence over doing your assignments.

rc1tzc.png

The fact that it is so [bleep]ing unreasonably cold in here. -32 degrees, and it has been around -25 for over a week... Speaking Celsius btw. What is this, new ice age? Can't remember such cold before...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

The fact that it is so [bleep]ing unreasonably cold in here. -32 degrees, and it has been around -25 for over a week... Speaking Celsius btw. What is this, new ice age? Can't remember such cold before...

Same here, except a lot warmer, -5 to -10, which is really low at any time of the year here, but especially for the start of February.

Also, snow annoys me. It's fun for like 2 minutes before it's just something that slows you down.

I've found the most annoying dishonest argumentation to be the straw man approach. In order to explain why it's a flawed argument, you have to clarify and present your old arguments again. It's a frustratingly long process that's hindered by the 500 character limit on Youtube.

>arguing in youtube comments

Well there's your problem

PM me for fitocracy invite

I've found the most annoying dishonest argumentation to be the straw man approach. In order to explain why it's a flawed argument, you have to clarify and present your old arguments again. It's a frustratingly long process that's hindered by the 500 character limit on Youtube.

>arguing in youtube comments

I don't always agree with Nom, but when I do, I do so through memes.

Also, this scenario:

Astronomy class, which takes place in the planetarium - Cool

Lights are frequently dimmed/out to make use of the fact that it's a [bleep]ing planetarium - Also cool

I get to go home after that class - You get the picture

Walking back and having the sun directly in my eyes after being in the dark so long - OHGODWHYYYY

Actually, I don't mind that snow and cold that much if I only were a bit shorter. See, I am 6'9 or 200 cm's tall and I have my computer in a room that is at about 2-3 degrees Celsius atm. If I wear 2 blankets, I'll be totally fine, except my toes and fingers get all red and start hurting after a very little time... I sleep in that same room, but then I don't have to be in a sitting position and 3 blankets are enough. I could cope with 2, but since I am so tall I need one just to have on my feet, since all blankets are too short for me -_- .

And another thing, today we had that freaking glass ice or whatever you call it everywhere on the roads in the city. It snowed a wee bit on the last few days even at temperatures below -25 degrees Celsius, and cars drove it solid on the roads so that even the articulated bus that carries 200 people had wheelspin exiting stations and nearly passed all stations a few metres with ABS braking very noticeable. And bus has all-weather tires and double ones in the middle. And I am not even going to talk about the Merc minivan my dad drives for work. Drifting practically anywhere in the city unvoluntarily? You've got it.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Actually, I don't mind that snow and cold that much if I only were a bit shorter. See, I am 6'9 or 200 cm's tall and I have my computer in a room that is at about 2-3 degrees Celsius atm. If I wear 2 blankets, I'll be totally fine, except my toes and fingers get all red and start hurting after a very little time... I sleep in that same room, but then I don't have to be in a sitting position and 3 blankets are enough. I could cope with 2, but since I am so tall I need one just to have on my feet, since all blankets are too short for me -_- .

And another thing, today we had that freaking glass ice or whatever you call it everywhere on the roads in the city. It snowed a wee bit on the last few days even at temperatures below -25 degrees Celsius, and cars drove it solid on the roads so that even the articulated bus that carries 200 people had wheelspin exiting stations and nearly passed all stations a few metres with ABS braking very noticeable. And bus has all-weather tires and double ones in the middle. And I am not even going to talk about the Merc minivan my dad drives for work. Drifting practically anywhere in the city unvoluntarily? You've got it.

Slanket. I have one, it's awesome. Better than the Snuggie, it's longer and thicker.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Same here, except not as cold. We don't have much snow compared to usual though.

The stupidity of my sister. Our brother is going out and tells us not to cross off his youtube window on the PC because he's uploading a video. She didn't cross off the window, she signed out his account... It didn't affect me but it still pissed me off.

rc1tzc.png

Questionable exercise equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJma9D2Fsko

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0