Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Instagram's recent attempt to sell photographs which aren't theirs to advertisers for profit.

The move doesn't bother me that much. Most of what's on Instagram isn't worth much anyway, and Tip.It actually has a similar policy for content posted on this forum (see the copyright notice at the bottom). But it's the way companies like Facebook try and make these sorts of changes covertly, buried in small print in new privacy policies without making it obvious to their users. Facebook is good, but if the trust between us and them breaks down enough, there's plenty of other social networking websites to use.

Turn signals on cars that blink much much faster than it seems they should. I find it very distracting and irritating. Even worse if it's not even a turn signal (on the back of the car that is) but rather a flashing brake light. Maybe it's just me, I find most turn signals annoying.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I [bleep]ing hate dudes that hit girls... If I had ONLY KNEW IT AT THE RIGHT [bleep]ING TIME!

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Turn signals on cars that blink much much faster than it seems they should. I find it very distracting and irritating. Even worse if it's not even a turn signal (on the back of the car that is) but rather a flashing brake light. Maybe it's just me, I find most turn signals annoying.

Just so you know, some cars (mine for example) do that when one of the signal lights on that side is burnt out. It also flashes faster on the dash indicator to let you know.

That said, you're right. It is extremely distracting.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Because from a biological point of view, men are stronger than women, though these days there are no certainties. From an ethical point of view, a man hitting a woman is trying to establish dominance in the relationship, which doesn't comply with our view of a relationship, where man and woman are equal.

I can see it being worse than a man hitting a man easily, since, evolutionary speaking, that's just competition: a man trying to get dominance over another man so he can bang the hottest woman, but in this day and age, it's usually just a sign that a man hasn't developed his mental capacities enough to be able to solve a quarrel with a conversation, so he'll resort to violence (I'm oversimplifying, this of course isn't the only reason men could use violence but I don't feel like writing a whole essay here). Sure, this isn't good, and something should be done about that kind of person, but to say it's as bad as a man hitting a woman would be an exaggeration. They're two different things, so you're comparing apples and oranges.

A woman hitting a man is less common, but should still be viewed as abuse if it's actually at that level. It's basically the reverse of what I said about dominance in the relationship in the first paragraph. It's just harder to take this seriously (and I don't mean this in a denigrating way) because of what I've mentioned earlier; that men are supposed to be stronger. That doesn't keep in mind that a woman might be mentally stronger, and the man might be suffering not physically, but psychologically.

There we go, thanks for making my short break kind of reproductive in that I've thought about stuff I don't usually think about.

Edit: I just noticed that the man hitting the woman wasn't in a relationship, making some of the points I made invalid. I can't be bothered to rewrite stuff though, since I've already seen enough of ethics for at least a week.

• Like 1

Interestingly, most violent domestic abuse seems to come from females, and is just massively underreported. Or so goes the current theory. Many guys won't hit back, and fewer still are willing to actually go to the police and complain about their wife beating them up.

• Like 2

Interestingly, most violent domestic abuse seems to come from females, and is just massively underreported. Or so goes the current theory. Many guys won't hit back, and fewer still are willing to actually go to the police and complain about their wife beating them up.

Yeah, I don't think 'most' domestic violence is done by women... Some happens and it is horribly underreported, but so is rape and sexual violence against women. I just think that the idea of men being the truly repressed gender is ridiculous.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Yeah, I don't think 'most' domestic violence is done by women... Some happens and it is horribly underreported, but so is rape and sexual violence against women. I just think that the idea of men being the truly repressed gender is ridiculous.

Look up "feminism and the disposable male" on youtube, some very interesting points made in that video on this topic.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The thing that I find debilitating about debates on feminism is the lack of an alternative schema, in other words, it's either feminism or nothing (and if you choose nothing, you must be inherently misogynist). There are areas where men suffer discrimination and aspects of our lifestyles where men are made to feel very uncomfortable. Admittedly, there's far less of these than there have been for women over the years, but yet I don't see "mascul"ism. I'm training to work in a profession where males are outnumbered by a factor of 9:1 in the UK, and I'm fully aware those figures are reflected in occupations like teaching and social work; when those figures were the other way round in careers like medicine and law, there was outrage. Down the pub, I've actually been asked a few times by women "What drew you to do this career as a male?" and I honestly feel like replying very abruptly with "I imagine exactly the same things that draw women to it". There's no movement to claim I'm being discriminated against, and to be fair I don't feel like I am being discriminated against, even though I am. Another example: Even though the incidence of both is roughly similar, how many times do we hear about cervical cancer compared to testicular cancer?

I'm not anti-feminist, if anything I support feminism and I'm definitely not one of these guys who feels threatened by it. I just wish men would stick up for themselves a bit more too.

Those moments when you space out in the shower and start to put bodywash in your hair. When that happens, I basically know that the rest of the day is going to be really bad.

I almost had a variation happen to me like that (using anti-dandruff shampoo on body). "Almost" as in I was an inch away to applying the wrong bottle (okay, wasn't looking) to the scrunchy. Slipping and falling in the shower, on the other hand, seems to be my "bad day" indicator unfortunately.

Yeah, cracking your head on the tub tends to do that. :P

On topic, I absolutely hate it when people use both feet to drive and it causes their brake lights to be on constantly. We nearly drove into some idiot doing that this morning. We left lots of space, but he decided to suddenly brake hard and turn even though he hadn't signaled.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My problem with debating feminism on the internet is how easy it is to get emotionally drawn into the debate. The more you have to defend your gender the more it makes you sound like a crazy feminist. I just cant believe that men are the 'oppressed' gender because there are a few careers where women are the majority. I don't think in those areas, men are actually discriminated against like women are.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Yeah, cracking your head on the tub tends to do that. :P

On topic, I absolutely hate it when people use both feet to drive and it causes their brake lights to be on constantly. We nearly drove into some idiot doing that this morning. We left lots of space, but he decided to suddenly brake hard and turn even though he hadn't signaled.

I use both feet to drive.

One for the clutch, the other for gas/brake :P

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

My problem with debating feminism on the internet is how easy it is to get emotionally drawn into the debate. The more you have to defend your gender the more it makes you sound like a crazy feminist. I just cant believe that men are the 'oppressed' gender because there are a few careers where women are the majority. I don't think in those areas, men are actually discriminated against like women are.

We're not saying that men are an inherently oppressed gender, though. What we're saying is that there are many fields and situations in which women are treated unfairly, and yes those should be remedied. But there are also some fields and situations in which men are treated unfairly, and those should be remedied as well.

You can't only address the issues one gender is facing, because frankly there are issues for both. I mean who is going to get more flak? A woman wearing jeans or a man wearing a skirt? Why should a guy get flak for wearing women's clothing, or being a "stay at home dad"?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

That reminds me of a point that came up today. I was listening to the radio, and new EU law has come into effect that means gender makes no influence on car insurance.

Women generally paid lower premiums and such on insurance, and now, the prices will be the same for Males and Females (this of course being a rise of female prices, not lowering of male prices).

The amount of people who talk about equality and THEN said 'but it's unfair' is absolutely abhorrent. If you want gender equality, you can't just have the bits that suit you - you take the good with the bad. What you are claiming is unfair is actually the exact definition of 'fair', that is, to be equal or of equal measure.

If you want gender equality, that means everything is equal. If you're taking the bits that benefit you and complaining put you at disadvantage, then don't support gender equality. It's literally as simple as that.

You CANNOT have your cake and eat it.

And I don't even drive, or have a car, that's just how angry this makes me.

You can't only address the issues one gender is facing, because frankly there are issues for both. I mean who is going to get more flak? A woman wearing jeans or a man wearing a skirt? Why should a guy get flak for wearing women's clothing, or being a "stay at home dad"?

...or a nurse, or a hair stylist, or any other profession that is typically done by women? What about a female mechanic, or lumberjack, or etc...

I've always been of the opinion that women and men can do whatever job they want, and there's no reason either of them should be discriminated against for it.

I use whichever shampoo/bodywash what ever I can grab to wash myself. I keep my hair so short that I don't really need shampoo to clean it, soap is fine.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I've been told by managers not to do certain tasks which are a contractual obligation for anyone else. I didn't bang down the door and demand equal rights because I appreciate women are generally more discriminated against, but in the back was my mind was the nagging thought of "Why should the fact I'm male make any difference?" It was a pretty clear cut case of discrimination, it's like telling a female mechanic they can't go anywhere near the cars in case someone says something about it.

My point was more directed at men than women. Feminism didn't come from males who felt sorry for females, it happened from women themselves. Same goes for men, my only fear is that if men did exactly that, they would be told be some less reasonable feminists that what they're doing is somehow wrong.

As far as domestic abuse is concerned, domestic abuse is domestic abuse, regardless of sex or gender or whatever.

This video pretty much sums up my thoughts on feminism:

Same lady that obfuscator referred to earlier.

You'd think in today's politically correct society, feminism would've changed its name to something more gender-neutral, considering that's what it's supposedly all about.

77yLQy8.png