Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Ugh when plans change at an inconvenient time such as when you're already at the destination. Happen to me this morning when I went to Oxfam. I showered for this :c

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I remember a while ago I was on a boat trip down the Nile. The scenery was incredible and yet people only stopped dozing under their sun hats or gossiping about people they knew back home when hippos were spotted. There's nothing wrong with hippos, but if they can't appreciate anything else they might as well just go to the zoo.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

>mann vs machine

"HURR HURR HURR I'LL BE WHATEVER CLASS I WANT AND BE USELESS TO THE TEAM BECAUSE I THINK I KNOW WHAT THE [bleep] I'M DOING!!!1!111"

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

^Every class can be useful in MvM, although you definitely don't want multiples of any of them.

Although sniper and spy require a lot more skill to do well than, say, heavy.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

MvM spy is amazing if they know what they are doing, but most people don't..... MvM period kind of annoys me because last time I played, it took over an hour for me to get into a game... on the last wave of the mission. >.<

^Every class can be useful in MvM, although you definitely don't want multiples of any of them.

Although sniper and spy require a lot more skill to do well than, say, heavy.

That's the thing. People think we can pull a win out of our asses when I'm the only engineer and there are two scouts or two spies.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

This scene from the Disney/Pixar film Up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh7kVYYBNyk

I watched it for the first time over New Year. I started getting tearful at the bit with the baby and it all went downhill from there. :sad:

Yeah, UP had the most depressing opening to a kid's movie ever.

Although, it was very effective at explaining his motivations.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

She discovers she can't conceive and dies at the end, just as he's about to fulfill her lifelong ambition, but you don't see how that's depressing? :?

She still lived a long, mostly happy life with her husband. That's better than what a lot people get.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

She discovers she can't conceive and dies at the end, just as he's about to fulfill her lifelong ambition, but you don't see how that's depressing? :?

She still lived a long, mostly happy life with her husband. That's better than what a lot people get.

Exactly. I never said it wasn't sad, in a way...but depressing? Give me a break.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Getting involved in a manga, hitting the end of it all and realizing there's 1 or 2 more chapters left in the series, and they haven't been released yet. :<

or worse still, same thing but the author just decides "ah [bleep] it, can't be arsed with this manga anymore. I'll make a new one"

Popoto.~<3

We have some of the weirdest arguments here.

Sure, Ellie and Carl had a nice life together, but the movie isn't focussing on their life, it's focussing on what happens after that whole story. It's meant to build up all the happiness in their life, so you can see what a devastating loss it was for Carl when his wife died. After establishing that, the movie starts (at least I assume, I've yet to see it).

Also, movie is wrong according to Firefox spellchecker. So is Firefox.

That's exactly how it works, actually. He initially becomes quiet, lonely and reclusive afterwards (much like he had been during his childhood before meeting Ellie), obstinately refusing to sell his increasingly-neglected home to property developers, or accept a place offered to him at a retirement home.

To be fair to Y Guy, professional counseling services which focus on CBT, which me and my siblings received after our mother died during our childhood, encourage people to firstly accept that death is an inevitable, natural occurrence and not one that's necessarily in our control, and secondly to focus on the happy life the person lived rather than the life they no longer will. We were encouraged to write, draw and talk about fond memories and to literally store them in a box, the psychological metaphor obviously being to 'store it in the back of your mind' as you slowly come to terms with grief. So the emphasis is, over a long-term basis, starting to see something like that scene as a "good life lived", as Y said, but the initial reaction to seeing that for most people would be one of overwhelming sadness and helplessness.

I won't ruin the film for those who haven't seen it but it could be said the rest of the movie is Carl basically going through that grieving process. It's quite impressive how they manage to discuss a plot which requires that level of maturity to understand fully, but they do it in a cartoon-ish way that children can still find funny and connect with. That was my lasting impression anyway.

^ Basically what I'm getting at. Society tends to see death as a terrible thing for obvious reasons, but I don't think that's something we have to accept as inevitable (death as tragedy).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

^ Basically what I'm getting at. Society tends to see death as a terrible thing for obvious reasons, but I don't think that's something we have to accept as inevitable (death as tragedy).

I think it was Taleb who pointed out that the ancients feared inglorious death while modern man fears merely death. You only have to look at the difference between Greek heroes and Ray Kurzweil, who lives off pills and wine in the vainglorious belief that he can and should live forever, to see that he was right.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau