Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

You also have to look at what we have left of those societies. Primarily, it's their stories, which glorify heroes, and heroes, even today, aren't so much afraid to die as they are afraid to not be remembered. The average Greek probably had much the same attitude we do about death, we just can't see that since we're a couple thousand years past the average Greek.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

^ Perhaps so, but as far as we can tell these were not societies where one could admit to fearing death itself. And given that as recently as the 1940s we had Japanese soldiers fighting to the death rather than face the shame of capture, that these attitudes filter down and presumably reflected the overriding themes of their literature is a reasonable assumption.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I'm trying to draw straight lines in pen for a sketch but my hands keep shaking and my eyes do this little shiver thing where they go out of focus, a bit googly eyed and then lag behind instead of following my hand flowing across the page. I cocked up trying to draw two parallel lines.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I can't remember if anyone's said this one, but when people confuse not talking to people for being "antisocial". Nobody seems to know the difference. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't antisocial personality disorder where you want to steal things, break things, take advantage of people, not obey the law, etc. and not talking to people would be more like avoidant personality disorder? It's a common misconception that annoys the hell out of me.

• Like 1

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

What I don't understand is why people who don't like talking to others are considered "disordered" in the first place.

You seem to be confusing not liking talking to people with an inability to talk to people due to social phobia. Your statement is analogous to saying, "I don't understand why people who don't like spiders will do anything to avoid even the sight of them." Because phobias go beyond simple disliking a stimulus, and there's a big difference between not liking spiders and being arachnophobic.

In any case, antisocial personality disorder, social phobia disorder and the layman's term "antisocial" are all separate things. When people say "antisocial", they're not really referring to APD, they're simply referring to somebody who avoids social situations, or "asocial". Which depending on a person's normal personality, is a perfectly healthy characteristic.

I'm trying to draw straight lines in pen for a sketch but my hands keep shaking and my eyes do this little shiver thing where they go out of focus, a bit googly eyed and then lag behind instead of following my hand flowing across the page. I cocked up trying to draw two parallel lines.

Just a thought. Don't look at the pen when you draw lines. Look where you want the pen to end up. That's how we do it in drafting. Also, move your hand quickly across the paper. If you go really slow over a large difference your going to get a big squiggle.

If were going to talk about not talking, the people who assume that quiet people secretly want to talk but are too shy. It gets annoying when people get pushy.

Ugh.. people that chew with their mouth open or talk very loud when your right infront of them.. >.> people who text and drive and not pay attention to the road >.< also definitely people that take stuff of mine w/o asking..people who leave lights on when they leave the room..people who pick their nose LOL c: people who bite their fingernails off and spit them >.< people that make fun of others for their disorders or how they dress :( hmm..people that talk to much

Defile.png

I needed a new computer monitor. After searching for one on a giveaway site i finally found one (it took time). Because you get alot of compeition from other users of the site, many of them who just wait for valueable items for them to pick up when someone gives it away.

So i went to the persons house who was giving away this flat screen monitor. When i met the guy, he seemed like a nice person. And i asked shortly after "Is there any problem with the monitor?", you know just to be sure i wasn't taking a trainwreck of a item with me.

Even if it's free, useless stuff is not worth crap if it doesn't serve it's purpose well.

However, before any dialogue revolving my question could happen my brother (who had come along with me) said "It's free stuff, you shouldn't complain". So i let it pass. The giver seemed really nice.

Now prior to getting a new monitor, i dumped my old one at a eletronics store for recycling.

Now after having used this monitor for quite sometime, i have experienced the issues it has.

1) Quite often, autobrightness comes up. It takes the brightness up to 100. And if you fight it by taking it down, your just delaying the inevetible.

Very annoying because i have brightness at 0. Sometimes autobrightness not only happens twice, but three times or more.

2) Menu appearing, and flashing. Off , on, off, on,off,on....and it goes on like that.

3) Auto adjust, before i started writing happen this auto adjusted happened like 10 times in row.

There does not seem to be any fix for it.

Getting to the point....

People like this who give away stuff that is so broken that it gets on the nerves of the user are simply arseholes.

Nowhere did the giver state the monitor had issues like this.

You could say "Your own fault for not making sure it didn't have problems".

I don't think the giver would answer truthfully question that includes the words broken, error, problems etc.

So yeah, people like this are arseholes. And i hope the people who dump their trash on other people (because they are lazy arseholes) experiences the frustration that they inflict on said people tenfold.

Tell your story if you have one. I am sure you do, alot of scum humans in this world.

If its relatively new, not cosmetically damaged and they are giving it away for free there's bound to be something wrong with it, that's just common sense.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Dire_Wolf, I've merged your topic with this one as we only need one place for people to rant about people or things that upset them.

That sucks about the monitor, though.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If that guy with the stupid [bleep]ing beard tells me one more time that NFL GamePass lets me watch every game on my laptop, tablet or smartphone everytime I open the highlights on a live game, I will fly to America, visit his house, and ram one of the aforementioned devices where the sun don't shine.

• Like 1

For everyone living in Britain: Try as I might, I cannot help but be annoyed at how New Tricks is always on TV. It's so shite I can't believe anyone watches it.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

When you wake up from a realistic dream and reality feels all fuzzy and uncertain for like half an hour.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Every couple months, I'll lean over to pick something up and get ambushed by one of the muscles in my lower back (always the same one). This time it even changed it up, I was actually sitting when it struck (I leaned forward). On the up side, it wasn't as bad this time, normally I have trouble standing for a couple minutes. It seems to be more annoying than harmful. After half an hour it calms down enough to stop interfering with my life, but I do get to enjoy the feeling of a sore muscle for a few days.

I wouldn't mind knowing why it does this though.

It's an interesting way to track how the show promoters and advertisers change though.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

When shows beep out swear words using an annoying, piercing beep sound. Why can't they just silence it instead?

Oddly enough, I am the exact opposite. I am quite accustomed to the beeping sound, and I find the effect of blanking the entire soundtrack momentarily to be quite jarring by comparison. I also find long strings of them to be quite amusing if used correctly.

When shows beep out swear words using an annoying, piercing beep sound. Why can't they just silence it instead?

Oddly enough, I am the exact opposite. I am quite accustomed to the beeping sound, and I find the effect of blanking the entire soundtrack momentarily to be quite jarring by comparison. I also find long strings of them to be quite amusing if used correctly.

Like moments when events go awry for the person in the most amusing way imaginable? I agree with you on that the censor beeps can be utilized for comedic purposes, but I still prefer the volume of them to be a bit lower.

In particular, I was thinking of this moment (among others), brought to you by family guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXfqraKehtE

I find the volume of the beep okay though; it's not any louder than the rest of the show. I'd certainly mind if it was in banshee mode or something though.

I am not too fond of Family Guy for a variety of reasons, but that use of censor beeps seems about right. Volume included.

My favorite utilization of them is when something is about to occur to the character and the camera pans to far outside of sight of them prior to exploding. Or the kind where the realization of something dawns on them followed by a well-placed censor beep or more. Then again, those scenarios are perfect for one loud and precise beep compared to ones using rapid fire. I have a favorite example of that instance to share, but it's more of the kind that took a nightmarish and creepy situation and made it impossible to take seriously. It involved the English version of the short-lived anime adaptation of Deadman Wonderland.

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

I would have liked this ending better if both of them died.

• Like 1

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0