Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

People and how stupid they are. I'm in a high school class (technically middle school) where people suck at freaking math, I happen to be good. So what does everyone do? They wait until the teacher is sitting down, doing nothing at all and then start bombarding me with questions while I attempt to complete my math work during class. It annoys me so freaking much as the student generally has a simple question or one which I am no use at explaining how to do it (in the three seconds I take before trying to go back to my own work).

Disney fantasy relationship images that people share on Facebook. Example:

tumblr_ma2l8wxluh1rw9n3to1_500.jpg

Not true at all and just reinforces people's irrational relationship beliefs and encourages stupid behavior.

Same goes for the ones that are like, "A real man isn't afraid to cry in your arms and tell you how much he desperately needs you in his life!" or "A real man would chop his penis off and throw it out the window of a moving vehicle just to see you smile"

:wall:

• Like 5

77yLQy8.png

People and how stupid they are. I'm in a high school class (technically middle school) where people suck at freaking math, I happen to be good. So what does everyone do? They wait until the teacher is sitting down, doing nothing at all and then start bombarding me with questions while I attempt to complete my math work during class. It annoys me so freaking much as the student generally has a simple question or one which I am no use at explaining how to do it (in the three seconds I take before trying to go back to my own work).

TIF has this interesting thing where I can't tell if Bonez is in middle school, high school, or teaches remedial math.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Disney fantasy relationship images that people share on Facebook. Example:

tumblr_ma2l8wxluh1rw9n3to1_500.jpg

Not true at all and just reinforces people's irrational relationship beliefs and encourages stupid behavior.

Same goes for the ones that are like, "A real man isn't afraid to cry in your arms and tell you how much he desperately needs you in his life!" or "A real man would chop his penis off and throw it out the window of a moving vehicle just to see you smile"

:wall:

I was bored...

realman.png

:)

• Like 3

77yLQy8.png

the postage service here.

They just dumped my $4,000 laptop at the door and walked off. didn't sign or anything. they could have gotten the address wrong and nobody would have known. Freaking clowns.

Popoto.~<3

They just dumped my $4,000 laptop at the door and walked off. didn't sign or anything. they could have gotten the address wrong and nobody would have known. Freaking clowns.

Efficiency man. It's nowhere close to efficient to keep coming back to the house if nobody happens to be home and nobody wants to go to the post office to pick up their stuff. How many packages even get stolen from doorsteps anyway?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I understand where the Disney-esque quotes would come from, but who in the [bleep] thought of the chopping off one?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Efficiency man. It's nowhere close to efficient to keep coming back to the house if nobody happens to be home and nobody wants to go to the post office to pick up their stuff. How many packages even get stolen from doorsteps anyway?

well...not by law, but thay're liable if I don't "find" my package and didn't sign for it. Because you're SUPPOSED to sign for it. if they forge my signature or I don't sign it, I can just say "oh it didn't arrive. You're liable to pay for a new one as it was either stolen or delivered wrongly"

hence the whole signing thing.

Popoto.~<3

well...not by law, but thay're liable if I don't "find" my package and didn't sign for it. Because you're SUPPOSED to sign for it. if they forge my signature or I don't sign it, I can just say "oh it didn't arrive. You're liable to pay for a new one as it was either stolen or delivered wrongly"

hence the whole signing thing.

Australia has a law for that? Here in America we have an opt in option for signing our packages. Default setting is leaving it at the door.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

i don't see how the second one is annoying either (misspelling of beautiful aside i guess). i'd rather people go to the gym to better themselves than to look like anne hathaway or w/e.

i mean it should probably be something like "don't let the media tell you what yr body is supposed to look like. do what you want but of course realise that being overweight comes w/health issues and stuff and you generally feel a lot radder when yr fit and in shape" but that doesn't fit on a pithy macro

it kinda goes too far in the opposite direction but idk if that's that bad at this stage in time

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

i don't see how the second one is annoying either (misspelling of beautiful aside i guess). i'd rather people go to the gym to better themselves than to look like anne hathaway or w/e.

i mean it should probably be something like "don't let the media tell you what yr body is supposed to look like. do what you want but of course realise that being overweight comes w/health issues and stuff and you generally feel a lot radder when yr fit and in shape" but that doesn't fit on a pithy macro

it kinda goes too far in the opposite direction but idk if that's that bad at this stage in time

Yeah if you really break it down, it can be kind of complicated. You're right, in that people shouldn't try to look a certain way just because the media says they "should."

But if you want to look attractive (or "beautiful") to the opposite sex, then it'd probably be in your best interest to look to the media for examples of what the most attractive people really look like. I'm talking about people like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie here, not anorexic models though :P And I'm also not saying that it's realistic to look like those super-attractive celebrities or that you should develop an eating disorder or something to look like them.

With that said, though, given the context of that website, I think whoever made that was basically trying to say, "It doesn't matter if you're fat and unattractive. If you're a good person, that's what makes you attractive!" (which isn't true at all if you're a woman); rather than, "make your own decisions; don't let the media tell you what to do" (which is true to a certain extent)

77yLQy8.png

What is beauty? If you mean sexy, say sexy. If you mean pretty, say pretty. If you mean a personality trait or a characteristic... you get the message. 'Beauty' is a weasel word, like 'talented' or 'able'.

I'd generally agree more with the first one. Firstly, it says that compliments mean more when they're authentic and altruistic; no doubt about that whatsoever. Secondly, it says compliments mean less the more times they are repeated; this refers to habituation which is also true. It also says "unexpected" though... not really sure about that one. Does it mean any less when you do expect the compliment, and therefore all that happens is that your own self-concept is reinforced? I find it difficult to agree with that last statement.

The second one seems to be a reference to body image vs self-esteem but it misses the point. Even if the media aren't manipulating my perception of an ideal body, if my perception of the ideal body (which would still be influenced by factors excepting the media) is somewhat different to reality, I will still suffer low self-esteem. Feel free to reject media portrayals of beauty. In fact, I'd would encourage you to do so, but if you still have low self-esteem even after doing that, then accept that you're either being too hard on your perceived 'real' body, or too unrealistic about your 'ideal' body.

There is a very particular type of driver that annoys me. See, it's illegal to pull into an intersection if you aren't able to leave, as in, you can't pull into an intersection until there is space for your car in the target lane. During rush hour, you get green lights in certain places where about half the time, cars still can't move because they would be blocking the intersection until space was made by the next green light down. Some people making right turns take this as an invitation to make their turn on a red, even if the lights are set up so that their lane is actually getting a little over half the available spaces from the green light alone.

I think a suitable ideal punishment. if it were possible, would be for their cars to park themselves out of the way, and then become disabled for half an hour or so, until rush hour has cleared a bit and their childlike entitlement is no longer an obstacle to other people getting home, or a motivator for everyone else to drive really aggressively to avoid being cut off. Same goes to people who, faced with a line of cars blocking their right turn onto a main road, continually inch out into traffic until vehicles actually have to start veering to one side of their lane to avoid a collision. Contrary to the belief of some people, causing a traffic accident does not make traffic better, or cause you to arrive at your destination any sooner (unless you consider the scene of the accident the new destination, in which case it's fantastic).

And just for good measure, people who risk being rear ended to pull out in front of you, and then drive 10 below the speed limit. Why was it so important that you be in front of, and not behind, me again?

Yes, they send one off if you bleed from anywhere.

Every place does that. Because nobody really knows how science works. It's not like we're studied this and know how these diseases spread.

Every place does that. Because nobody really knows how science works. It's not like we're studied this and know how these diseases spread.

I just assumed it was because nobody wants to be covered in someone else's blood, safe or not.

I just assumed it was because nobody wants to be covered in someone else's blood, safe or not.

Nope, they don't want you to catch a disease.

Who cares about the disease while competing?

On a similar note, I somewhat hate that I [bleep]ing slacked on defense in basketball for that one moment on Wednesday, when thanks to me being tired and straightening of my leg I managed to twist my knee out of its joint. Now I am basically chained to my house with my orthosis...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc