Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

To expand on that, I hate it when a teacher wants a writing assignment to be a certain length, when I don't have much to say, so I spend the majority of the time looking for ways to restate the same 3 sentences.

Can't you change the font of the periods in the paragraphs to 14 or 16 PT font and it adds like a page? I heard that somewhere but never tried it.

Yes you can. It is [bleep]ing amazing.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Also change the line spacing from 1 (single) to something like 1.2, 1.3 so it's not double spaced but not technically single spaced either.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I hate it when teachers give out a writing assessment, and make you pick a topic.

Or when the teacher forces you to debate something that there is no logical reason for... such as arguing FOR Quebec separating from Canada. I tried to take a zero on the assignment because I found nothing to support me, but she made me do it.

My entire argument was that a lot of them want out, so let them go.

I'd take the zero, that's a stupid topic.

Like I said, I tried to. I asked her in front of the class and everything. I should have just walked out, though... What were they gonna do, suspend me? I had already graduated, anyway. I went back because I couldn't find a job.

As for line spacing, we were usually told to do double spacing, but I put it to 2.1 or 2.2 on long assignments. I remember having to write a 2000 word essay and the teacher said it should be x number of pages, and that's all he would look for (for the length mark, of course). So I, and probably many others, put it to 2.2 and used unnecessarily big words.

Children, children on the street, children on public transport. Also, fat people, fat people on the street, fat people on public transport. And, private schools kids, private school kids on the street, private school kids on public transport. Yeah.

A fat children from a private school taking public transport along a street = the ultimate evil? ;o

Also, I like your new signature. It is a tad small, though.

Annoying things. Guys with really heavy kinda drawling English accents. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Children are generally useless and block your way, fat people are equally as useless and block your way on buses/trains etc, and private school kids on public transport are just [wagon]. :thumbup:

Ugh, Sydney during early morning, late afternoon. :thumbdown:

I hate it when teachers give out a writing assessment, and make you pick a topic.

Or when the teacher forces you to debate something that there is no logical reason for... such as arguing FOR Quebec separating from Canada. I tried to take a zero on the assignment because I found nothing to support me, but she made me do it.

I'd take the zero, that's a stupid topic.

Like I said, I tried to. I asked her in front of the class and everything. I should have just walked out, though... What were they gonna do, suspend me? I had already graduated, anyway. I went back because I couldn't find a job.

As for line spacing, we were usually told to do double spacing, but I put it to 2.1 or 2.2 on long assignments. I remember having to write a 2000 word essay and the teacher said it should be x number of pages, and that's all he would look for (for the length mark, of course). So I, and probably many others, put it to 2.2 and used unnecessarily big words.

It's worse to do a heated topic... on the side you disagree with. Ie: "Should we bring the death penalty back" and I was chosen to argue 'for' it back, when I was more against it.

It's worse to do a heated topic... on the side you disagree with. Ie: "Should we bring the death penalty back" and I was chosen to argue 'for' it back, when I was more against it.

At least there is legitimate arguments for both side of that one, though. I've argued against my beliefs in all kinds of topics (heated and not) but at least I had something to base it on in most of them.

Also change the line spacing from 1 (single) to something like 1.2, 1.3 so it's not double spaced but not technically single spaced either.

I've had teachers also demand a .doc copy of the file, so they could go into word and use the word count feature. Solution: A bunch of random letters, size one font, white in colour at the bottom.

"Your opinion is wrong. Mine is right. For your opinion you should feel bad, and you are bad. I hate you."

These kind of people, they can go away.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

That one's easy to argue :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Inconsistent censorship. From order of most tolerated to least.

Gruesome murders and tons of gore? Cool. Throw it in.

Swearing? Careful about it. Could get away with it depending on the show.

Sex? Okay if just references, use a [cabbage]ton of euphemisms though. Actual sex goes about 300 lines under the following:

Nudity? GTFO.

I don't know about you, but I don't really like sadistic murders shown in great detail.

Personally, I don't think censorship should be used anywhere ever. Let filmmakers and writers tell the story they want to tell.

Conversely, there's really no need for an ultra-violent, sex filled story. As of now those tend to be crutches for an otherwise mediocre story, and often writers can make something amazing without either.

Just saying, if we're going to have censorship, let's not have it be selective.

That one's easy to argue :P

Not in a serious debate, though. Apart from the times they voted slightly over 50% for (like 50.1 or something) it, there really is no reason.

Personally, I don't think censorship should be used anywhere ever. Let filmmakers and writers tell the story they want to tell.

Depends what type of censorship we're talking about. The rating system, TV regulations, etc.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Those people who decide to loiter in the hallway between classes and create a human roadblock. I mean, SERIOUSLY? You could take 5 steps and go outside, or stand against the wall and talk. But no, you have to all spread out for 25 square feet to make hallway navigation a nightmare.

And as a result, you all have to talk freakin' loud so you can hear each other across the hallway, creating a crapton of background noise. Which drives me insane.

And people wonder why I try to get to class early and avoid the cafeteria during lunch...

a70c7.png