E3 2010

Demoli

E3  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the best press conference?

• Microsoft
    • Electronic Arts
    • Ubisoft
    • Nintendo
    • Sony

The co-op mode is good but the online multiplayer was terrible. BS guns like the Wraith 1[cabbage] killstreak reward style things like Ironheart 2, the special ammo which refilled the 40MM, LAARK/Pulse Gun etc. The biggest problem was that they basically removed all of the customisation in setting up your own servers, the best things about R1 was all the melee only servers/1hit kill carb/snipe/LAARK/Dragon only servers and stuff.3

The campaign was ok, not a patch on R1. They put in bad boss fights like the stupid swarm4 and T-Rex thing and stuff, took out the weapon wheel5, which for me was one of the thing that was so good about R1 campaign and why I took the time to collect all intel and finish it on superhuman. I mean in a game where the weapons are the funnest part, limiting it to 2 was a stupid idea. They obviously looked at the success of CoD4 and tried to copy it, they ruined the controls by making it so you had to press L1 to aim6, made it 2 guns at a time like CoD, put in a bad class system7, put in badly thought out killstreak rewards 8.In singleplayer there was bad character development and storytelling in general9, in the abscence of a narrator you had to work everything out for yourself through intel and the radio broadcasts (which in fairness were pretty impressive)10. You can tell they rushed the graphics in areas as well, on the level where you have to bring the AA towers online you can look at the ground and see one of the worst textures ever of fields and stuff, even though your only 100 metres high. On one of the last levels theres a laughable moment where a guy is typing stuff in on a Chimeran control point and half his arm is in the pad, its pathetic. 11

Similar to MW2, in parts it was a mixture of awesome highs and deep lows, e.g. the moment you walk out of the SPECTRE base and see Los Angeles burning with all the Chimeran battleships flying overhead, that was [bleep]ing amazing. Then getting given a Pulse cannon to fight the Kraken and seeing that they didn't put in a proper animation for sprinting with it12, not so good. I liked the coop, that was the only thing I think they did better than R1, but no simple splitscreen coop in campaign? 13 ffs. Also no vehicle missions, commandeering a Stalker and driving a tank through Trafalgar square was so epic in the first game 14 . I'll probably get R3 when it goes down in price, unless they actually learn from the big mistakes in R2 and don't completely sell out to CoD.

Im guessing we have different tastes.

1. Wraith OP? Orb Burst it, or run away and pwn 'em from farther away. It's like people complaining that shotguns are one-hit kill (up close).

2. They're not "kill streaks" they're "berserks", and you are only allowed one, and you have to gain xp before you use one. Although they are a bit unbalanced.

3.I do miss free beer games, I admit.

4. The swarm is probably the freakiest boss I've seen. Honestly, are you too scared to wait a split second more to lure it into a trap?

5. For once, I whole heartedly agree, the weapon wheel in campaign made it amazing (although cumbersome)

6. DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT. L1 to aim is A LOT less cumbersome than R3.

7. Explain more? The classes look fine as they are right now.

8. BERSERKS.

9. They did a better job in R2 than RFOM in explaining the backgrounds of the different characters. Besides, we have a more varied group of personalities than in the first one.

10. Agreed.

11. Wait, and they didn't have that in the first one? I thought this was a comparison between RFOM and R2. We already know that IG is bad at graphics.

12. Although I know what you mean, they DID add in a sprinting animation, it's just that on all guns, a reloading animation takes precedence before a sprinting animation, and the PC has a 5 second+ reloading time. Although they could've gave it longer reloading animation.

13. With the scale of R2, im not sure about how much space they had to put in a campaign coop. Besides, gonna be hard having to fight some of those bosses in a duo, don't ya think?

14. Agree here.

22031_s.gif

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Wraith OP? Orb Burst it, or run away and pwn 'em from farther away. It's like people complaining that shotguns are one-hit kill (up close). Still really annoying if you just walk around the corner and the guys spun up as you pretty much instantly die.

2. They're not "kill streaks" they're "berserks", and you are only allowed one, and you have to gain xp before you use one. Although they are a bit unbalanced.

3.I do miss free beer games, I admit. Yeah, they're just too strong e.g. you're pretty much invincible with ironheart, with the speical ammo one you get 40MM nades so you get free kills, you get LAARKs fo free kills. Similar to MW2 it just took a hell of a lot out of the skill.

4. The swarm is probably the freakiest boss I've seen. Honestly, are you too scared to wait a split second more to lure it into a trap? It was just an extremely annoying and boring boss fight, an dlooked graphically terrible, like that whole level, the rocks looked awful. I didn't really like any of the boss fights, apart from the Leviathan one, which was only saved because it was visually amazing. The end of R1 was one of the best "boss" fights ever, despite not having a single boss like Daedalus, which was another bad boss fight btw.

5. For once, I whole heartedly agree, the weapon wheel in campaign made it amazing (although cumbersome)

6. DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT. L1 to aim is A LOT less cumbersome than R3. You didn't need to press R3 to aim apart from on the sniper, it just increased zoom. Now its like CoD in that you have to aim if you want accuracy, wouldn't have been that bad, but they moved the secondary gun ability like the 40MM or slowing down time to R2, which doesn't work nearly as well as L1.

7. Explain more? The classes look fine as they are right now. The game worked a lot better without the class system, and with the weapon wheel, in R1. Because everyone started out with a Carbine/Bullseye you had to fight over powerful weapons like the LAARK, now kids are just given them as a killstreak/berserk. if there were OP guns in R1 you'd lose them when you died, and had to wait for them to respawn, now on R2 if somethings OP you can use it all the time.

8. BERSERKS.

9. They did a better job in R2 than RFOM in explaining the backgrounds of the different characters. Besides, we have a more varied group of personalities than in the first one. I didn't find Hale a very likeable character in R2. It was a lot better in R1 where he was silent the majority of the time, it made him more mysterious. Yeah maybe the chracters were more varied, but then they just killed them all off. Who's even still alive? Capelli? Obviously it looked like Hale got his head blown off at the end but maybe he'll come back. I just liked captain parker and Cartwright a lot more in R1.

10. Agreed.

11. Wait, and they didn't have that in the first one? I thought this was a comparison between RFOM and R2. We already know that IG is bad at graphics. Nah R1 was fine graphically, obviously its a 4+ year old game now, but it looks crisp and clean, even if the environments aren't all that detailed. R2 has those glitches I mentioned and a lot of the textures look really muddy and bland. Apart from the water, that looks great.

12. Although I know what you mean, they DID add in a sprinting animation, it's just that on all guns, a reloading animation takes precedence before a sprinting animation, and the PC has a 5 second+ reloading time. Although they could've gave it longer reloading animation. Nah what it is that they didn't make a sprinting animation for the PC whilst its reloading, so your'e sprinting but its just not moving or anything.

13. With the scale of R2, im not sure about how much space they had to put in a campaign coop. Besides, gonna be hard having to fight some of those bosses in a duo, don't ya think? I don't think it would have been that hard to put in 2 player co-op splitscreen, they could have just made it that you were just both picked up by the leviathon and thrown around, ok it wouldn't have made sense but the boss fights don't make up that much of the game. Most of them would have been fine, probably only that one would have been a problem because of the scripted events where it picks you up.

14. Agree here.

I forgot to mention the health system was a lot better in the first game, instead of the generic CoD style. Better variety of enemies in the first game as well, now its basically just Grims, Hybrids, advanced Hybrids, some Steelheads to piss you off, and those annoying guys with the shields.

I know this is becoming off-topic, so I'll stop if someone tells me to shut my trap :smile:

1. Wraith OP? Orb Burst it, or run away and pwn 'em from farther away. It's like people complaining that shotguns are one-hit kill (up close). Still really annoying if you just walk around the corner and the guys spun up as you pretty much instantly die.

3.I do miss free beer games, I admit. Yeah, they're just too strong e.g. you're pretty much invincible with ironheart, with the speical ammo one you get 40MM nades so you get free kills, you get LAARKs fo free kills. Similar to MW2 it just took a hell of a lot out of the skill.

4. The swarm is probably the freakiest boss I've seen. Honestly, are you too scared to wait a split second more to lure it into a trap? It was just an extremely annoying and boring boss fight, an dlooked graphically terrible, like that whole level, the rocks looked awful. I didn't really like any of the boss fights, apart from the Leviathan one, which was only saved because it was visually amazing. The end of R1 was one of the best "boss" fights ever, despite not having a single boss like Daedalus, which was another bad boss fight btw.

6. DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT. L1 to aim is A LOT less cumbersome than R3. You didn't need to press R3 to aim apart from on the sniper, it just increased zoom. Now its like CoD in that you have to aim if you want accuracy, wouldn't have been that bad, but they moved the secondary gun ability like the 40MM or slowing down time to R2, which doesn't work nearly as well as L1.

7. Explain more? The classes look fine as they are right now. The game worked a lot better without the class system, and with the weapon wheel, in R1. Because everyone started out with a Carbine/Bullseye you had to fight over powerful weapons like the LAARK, now kids are just given them as a killstreak/berserk. if there were OP guns in R1 you'd lose them when you died, and had to wait for them to respawn, now on R2 if somethings OP you can use it all the time.

8. BERSERKS.

9. They did a better job in R2 than RFOM in explaining the backgrounds of the different characters. Besides, we have a more varied group of personalities than in the first one. I didn't find Hale a very likeable character in R2. It was a lot better in R1 where he was silent the majority of the time, it made him more mysterious. Yeah maybe the chracters were more varied, but then they just killed them all off. Who's even still alive? Capelli? Obviously it looked like Hale got his head blown off at the end but maybe he'll come back. I just liked captain parker and Cartwright a lot more in R1.

10. Agreed.

11. Wait, and they didn't have that in the first one? I thought this was a comparison between RFOM and R2. We already know that IG is bad at graphics. Nah R1 was fine graphically, obviously its a 4+ year old game now, but it looks crisp and clean, even if the environments aren't all that detailed. R2 has those glitches I mentioned and a lot of the textures look really muddy and bland. Apart from the water, that looks great.

12. Although I know what you mean, they DID add in a sprinting animation, it's just that on all guns, a reloading animation takes precedence before a sprinting animation, and the PC has a 5 second+ reloading time. Although they could've gave it longer reloading animation. Nah what it is that they didn't make a sprinting animation for the PC whilst its reloading, so your'e sprinting but its just not moving or anything.

13. With the scale of R2, im not sure about how much space they had to put in a campaign coop. Besides, gonna be hard having to fight some of those bosses in a duo, don't ya think? I don't think it would have been that hard to put in 2 player co-op splitscreen, they could have just made it that you were just both picked up by the leviathon and thrown around, ok it wouldn't have made sense but the boss fights don't make up that much of the game. Most of them would have been fine, probably only that one would have been a problem because of the scripted events where it picks you up.

14. Agree here.

I forgot to mention the health system was a lot better in the first game, instead of the generic CoD style. Better variety of enemies in the first game as well, now its basically just Grims, Hybrids, advanced Hybrids, some Steelheads to piss you off, and those annoying guys with the shields.

1. And is it annoying when a fareye user snipes you from 100m away? A marksman user orbing you after you killed him? A shotgunner waiting around the corner for you?

And one little tip: a guy spinning his Wraith appears on the minimap. If you see a person standing still on the minimap, dont run (attracting attention), and take a wide turn so that less of his bullets hit him.

3. I see you're point here, but in my opinion, adding in berserks adding in a whole other dimension to the game, it didn't "take out the skill" per say.

4. a. R1 was worse graphically, even for it's time. Go right up to a wall.

b. Yes, they need work on the bosses, but the Swarm is probably the better boss fight.

6. While you preffer the R1 controls scheme, I preffer the R2 one. Let's leave it at that.

7. Weapons are only OP if you let them be. Every single gun has a weakness. And also, it's extremely hard to kill someone who is camping a LAARK spawn. If you preffered spawning weapons, you should've played Halo.

9. a. This is WAR. The Chimera have breached through the very defenses that Grace has said were pretty much unbeatable. Of course there were casualties, only around 7 million of the 80 million Americans within the LDP are stil (assumed) alive, IG needed to add in a "we're screwed" and "we're lost" moment, and they did with that.

11. R1 graphics were plain. I swear I've seen the same type of wall in all the locations, from York to London.

12. The PC is the only gun which allows you to sprint while reloading, for obvious reasons. try other guns and see.

13. And the swarm? You cant have two people grabbing it's attention, it will be too confusing. Also, when the leviathan kills you, he will squish you with his hand, his hand doesn't cover the whole roof top. Finally, Daedalus will be harder to lure into the orbs.

22031_s.gif

E3 doesn't let the public in anymore, I really think thats ridiculous; its completly changing what E3 is all about and basically is now just game makers trying trying to get there game on the front page of CNET or other Game/Technology websites.

You do realize that was only for 2007's E3...

They let the public back in on the 2008-Present E3.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

The new Fallout: New Vegas trailer looks awesome :D Can't wait for it to be released now, I'm hoping it's less buggy than FO3 when that came out though.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Now i'm seeing trailers for PS4 and tweets for Wii Hi-Fi.

I hope these aren't fake.

ONE DAY TIL E3 :twss:

I seriously doubt Sony will be releasing a new PS in the next 2-3 years.

But that Wii hd/next home console sounds kinda likely.

Honestly, i just want the new zelda, everything else will be an extra. :mrgreen:

It won't be ep3, the president of valve already said so. People say it will be a new Source Engine, but i bet on L4D3 or TF3. Also, portal 2 event is already up again.

They only said the surprise will not be Ep3.

It won't be ep3, the president of valve already said so. People say it will be a new Source Engine, but i bet on L4D3 or TF3. Also, portal 2 event is already up again.

Correct, but do you think they will skip Ep3 to start HL3? A new engine looks way more likely to me.

Correct, but do you think they will skip Ep3 to start HL3? A new engine looks way more likely to me.

I do think they will. I also am putting my bets on a new source engine (maybe portal 2 is developed in it and it is part of the portal 'surprise').

L4D3 is a strong thought for me.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Got this from IGN: IGN Live Stream

E3 Program Schedule Schedule subject to change. All times PDT.

Monday

• 10:30 amMicrosoft Media Briefing
  • 2:00 pmEA Media Briefing
  • 5:00 pmUbisoft Media Briefing

Tuesday

• 9:00 amNintendo Media Briefing
  • 12:00 pmSony Media Briefing
  • 2:00 pmMicrosoft Xbox 360 Demo (TBA)
  • 2:20 pmMicrosoft Xbox 360 Demo (TBA)
  • 2:40 pmUbisoft Demo (TBA)
  • 3:00 pmCrysis 2
  • 3:20 pmUbisoft Demo (TBA)
  • 3:40 pmStar Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
  • 4:00 pmMadden NFL 11
  • 4:20 pmSony Move - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
  • 4:40 pmNCAA Football 11
  • 5:00 pmEA Sports MMA
  • 5:20 pmAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • 5:40 pmHalo: Reach

Wednesday

• 10:00 amDead Space 2
  • 10:15 amMedal of Honor
  • 10:30 amKillzone 3
  • 10:45 amConfidential (TBA)
  • 11:00 amLittleBigPlanet 2
  • 11:20 amConfidential (TBA)
  • 11:40 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 12:00 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 1:20 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 1:40 pmCall of Duty: Black Ops
  • 2:00 pmBulletstorm
  • 2:20 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 2:40 pmBrink
  • 3:00 pmHunted: The Demon's Forge
  • 3:20 pmMonkey Island 2 - Special Edition
  • 3:40 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 4:00 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 4:30 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 5:00 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 5:20 pmFallout: New Vegas
  • 5:40 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 6:00 pmDJ Hero 2
  • 6:30 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 6:45 pmEnslaved

Thursday

• 11:00 amConfidential (TBA)
  • 11:20 amConfidential (TBA)
  • 11:40 amConfidential (TBA)
  • 12:00 pmGran Turismo 5
  • 12:20 pmMotorStorm 3
  • 12:40 pmSOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs
  • 1:00 pmSony Move Demos
  • 1:20 pmInfamous 2
  • 2:20 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 3:00 pmHAWX 2
  • 3:20 pmShawn White Skateboarding
  • 3:40 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 4:00 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 4:20 pmConfidential (TBA)
  • 4:40 pmMarvel vs. Capcom 3
  • 5:00 pmR.A.G.E.
  • 5:30 pmUnannounced PS3 Demo

So many Confidential stuff, I wish I knew more. :cry:

vizardsig-1.png

[chant]

Half-Life 3/2 EP: 3!

[/chant]

Yes!

1 .your actually believing Gabe? When he said that they were doing it in Eps so that they could release them faster. And now it's pretty much been the same time between HL1 and HL2...

2. New Source Engine is plausible

3. L4D3 would be a really bad decision considering the negative press L4D2 got because of it's lack of new game changing features and the fact it was released so soon after.

4. I think they need to finish TF3 first... Just maybe...

I like the idea that Valve are developing Duke Nukem Forever =P

Oh well not long till we find out what surprises the companies have up their sleeves!

A new source engine would have to include a lot of physics enhancements for it to be worthwhile or big enough for them to make it into its own announcement. I don't think Valve is making an engine with advanced physic or graphical capabilities. Not yet. I can see a Counter Strike 2 or some other new FPS to come about from Valve though.

I'm going to bet on a crap load of DLC for Source, L4D, L4D2, TF2 (maybe only a little here), a new SDK, and a new service for Steam.

3 hours till the Microsoft conference. I'm disappointed I have to wait till tomorrow for Nintendo. Nintendo is the only conference I am currently caring for right now. Zelda.

Gabe already said before that there isn't going to be a Half-Life 3 as such, I remember reading an interview where he said he didn't want another long development process like Valve did for HL2 and that the episodes are supposed to make up HL3 as such. I wouldn't expect a TF3 for now either, or L4D3. Most likely they've got something else that's new alongside Portal 2, which perhaps might involve a new engine.

Anyway, we shall see, still waiting for more information on Brink.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Why would they need to make Team Fortress 3? TF2 is already great, and there is almost nothing to make for a sequel that can't be done with updates to TF2.