Anyone care to explain?

Shortman422

That really sucks. Hopefully it's a one-time deal, I'd hate to have do deal with such a bad task on a regular basis even though I opt not to get them >_>

2496 Completionist

I think you got an Aquanites task from Duradel and ran over to Kuradal to make it look like you've just encountered an unfortunate bug.

Well, to put it more bluntly, why did you examine Kuradal 6 times to clear the chatbox?

2496 Completionist

I think you got an Aquanites task from Duradel and ran over to Kuradal to make it look like you've just encountered an unfortunate bug.

I examined her 5 times to get rid of all the other players messages since I didn't want to have to put black blocks over a bunch of random peoples names.

As to the person who suggested I went to Lapalok I most certainly did not which is why I made the topic as it was a funny bug I encountered. Your rude conjecture about me is not needed.

It was just brought to my attention that when I finish the task I can prove that it was from Kuradal. Now if only these things would die faster...

Bah or not as it's my first slayer task complete since I've been using burthrope to go for some strykewyrms

shortman4229.png

How is it rude? I'm just offering a possible cause to your "dilemma."

I don't think you can get a task from Lapalok and run to Kuradel to take a picture not knowing what happened... so your statement can really only be interpreted as accusing him of lying. Generally, I think it's rude when people call me a liar, but I guess that's just my opinion.

That would've been saying 'Or maybe you accidentally got a task from Lapalok' not accusing me of trying to make a fake of something.

Anywho I'm not going to be looking at topic again for a while. Enjoy the jagex fail. Ta ta for now.

shortman4229.png

I don't think you can get a task from Lapalok and run to Kuradel to take a picture not knowing what happened... so your statement can really only be interpreted as accusing him of lying. Generally, I think it's rude when people call me a liar, but I guess that's just my opinion.

You have to admit, it's pretty damn fishy. If he can prove it like he says he can, I will apologize and admit that I was wrong.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You have to admit, it's pretty damn fishy. If he can prove it like he says he can, I will apologize and admit that I was wrong.

Of course it's fishy they're aquanites =p

Sorry couldn't resist. Bad pun aside, I don't think there is a way to prove it with my current circumstances but I can tell you I didn't lie and I don't expect an apology as I'm used to people on this forum having such replies which is why I generally don't post things as you can see by our vast difference in post count compared to join dates.

shortman4229.png

He's not the only one who has had this happen to them. Seems as if JaGeX threw a big 'F U' to the people who spent their points on Aquanites.eusa_naughty.gif

it has happened before on rare occasions. it hasnt happened to me personally yet, but i had to listen to a friend of mine on vent complain the whole task because he had 0 pts to skip and had to do the task when he just bought auto hammer and didnt have the ability for them unlocked.

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

Oh why thank you gaurd and fragg. I was starting to wonder if I was really the only one to have it happen since they updated her. I've gotta agree with your friend fragg these things are mega dull but hey I've gotten 1 range amulet so far so I guess it's all worth it. Thank goodness for turmoil and xpots or these things would take *forever*

shortman4229.png

i did them back in the day when they first came out, did 2 tasks, way before extremes, and used a zammy spear for the stab. most painful task ive ever done, and dont ever plan on doing them again EVER

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

I dont see why people hate aquanites... I love them :o I actually bought them =) AND Im happy that I did :P

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Of course it's fishy they're aquanites =p

Sorry couldn't resist. Bad pun aside, I don't think there is a way to prove it with my current circumstances but I can tell you I didn't lie and I don't expect an apology as I'm used to people on this forum having such replies which is why I generally don't post things as you can see by our vast difference in post count compared to join dates.

Nah, actually Obtaurian simply has a post generator. It uses an advanced algorithm made by Trolls, where it randomly mixes the most offensive, sardonic and witty sentences into one, and randomly posts them onto topics. Usually you're lucky if they make sense (like this one) 9\10 it doesn't make any sense. Infact sometimes it just glitches and writes "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" for the whole post.

Anyways, I agree with Morning Rise, you could have taken public chat off.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I've had this problem once too; I reported it to Jagex. So I know you speak the truth(but there would be no reason at all to lie about it anyway). I'm guessing more than one J-Mod was working on adding aquanite option and maybe they didn't communicate well with each other? I felt cheated when it happened to me since I didn't buy them as a possible task, but luckily it seems to be rare because there aren't many heard-of cases of this happening. Not like it does a lot of harm anyway.

BTW, do Jagex ignore some bug/fault reports, or do they just take a long time to read through all of them and make the fixes?

redarrows-1.png

I don't particularly love them, but I also think the "aquanite hate" is overdone. They aren't that bad, nor are they that slow. There are certainly worse assignments IMO.

Though I agree that Kuradal shouldn't assign them if they aren't unlocked...

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You can prove it's not Lapalok by screenshotting who answers you on gem for this task :P

Other than that, yeah, sucks. I came back after 2 years or so of not playing, didn't know who Aquanites were, but figured that if you have to pay for them, they're good. My mistake. I spent 150 points buying them and blocking them :/

Profins.png

specty.png

Yeah I think that aquanite task is a waste of time. It's also disappointing with the fact that some tasks such as warped terrorbirds/tortoises can be avoided if you don't do a particular quest, but if you do the quest, you're punished by getting them as a task. It's wrong in my opinion, and Jagex SHOULD change it. We're penalized for doing quests.

2vuhgcn.png