04-Jun-2010 - Behind the Scenes � June

Beloved

They finished MoM quest series?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, about the BTS, I don't know if I like this more or less than not having the BTS. It was very well known, and knowing (partially) what update you're going to get is helpful I guess. But I actually like the surprises, maybe because I wouldn't think about what update I would have, and speculate about that before I actually got and tried my content.

This is why I didn't like BTS a few years back. People would be so hyped up about an update, and always imagine how great it would be, and tons of people, thinking out the update that would fit them perfectly, would be disappointed after receiving the update, and not being up to their own standards or expectations.

And God forbid that Jagex tries to postpone an update now. They would be flamed to death. Anyone remember when they actually gave up on "wilderness tag" (the idea is what today is those vardes you lit to get an adze though. Anyway, the complaints were horrible.

personally, i wasn't very happy when they first removed bts, but after having tried both systems long enough i think that it would have been better to not bring back the bts, mainly for the reasons you stated there

before bts were removed i do remember thinking up what the update might entail, and usually being at least slightly disappointed that it wasn't exactly what i wanted from it.

if you tell me if i don't want to have the surprise ruined i should just not read the bts, you are forgetting the fact that if an announced update looks remotely interesting, people will talk about it all over forums, ingame, ircs, etc. and i, and i'm sure anyone else who agrees with me, won't want to isolated themselves from forums and have private chat constantly off just to avoid having the surprise spoiled

and also keep in mind that whenever it seems that an item might be needed for an update announced in the bts, a lot of people will rush to the ge and buy it out and cause the price and availability of that item to be totally messed up until the update is released. if it was just 1 item it wouldn't be much of an issue, but if they mention something like and update to a skill, all the supplies for that skill will likely be bought out seriously inconveniencing people who just want to train said skill, or need the items for some other purpose and have no interest in speculation

As long as there aren't any of the puzzles from the Jagex mod who did the mourning's ends quest series. Ahhhhh that made me want to pull my hair out :wall:

Haha, dont worry, Mod Dylan is not working on this quest series ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice to see Jagex returning from the wilderness.

Maybe RS isn't dieing afterall.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Nice to see Jagex returning from the wilderness.

Maybe RS isn't dieing afterall.

Overreacting ftw

Im I the only one who thinks that this new bts is much more explicit on what the updates will be than the old one was? When construction came out it was chairs you can sit in. The descriptions of these updates leave less to the imagination. I think I would like a bit more wiggle room for speculation. Like, I don't mind it, but it would be nice if some of the updates were left with clues that are more like the nearly unguessable twitter hints. Not all, just some, to add a little mystery to the month. Though it could be that this months updates just didn't lend themselves to such obfuscation, and so they just spelled them out. Maybe next month.

Whatever, bts is back. :thumbup:

Im I the only one who thinks that this new bts is much more explicit on what the updates will be than the old one was? When construction came out it was chairs you can sit in. The descriptions of these updates leave less to the imagination. I think I would like a bit more wiggle room for speculation. Like, I don't mind it, but it would be nice if some of the updates were left with clues that are more like the nearly unguessable twitter hints. Not all, just some, to add a little mystery to the month. Though it could be that this months updates just didn't lend themselves to such obfuscation, and so they just spelled them out. Maybe next month.

I think the Construction mention in the BTS was vague on purpose to make it a surprise.

I do agree though; I don't explicitly like being told what's coming out - I like a little mystery.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Yay I <3 behind the scenes!!!! So happy they brought that back :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Court cases sound fun, and a void knight quest? Interesting ..

Happy June everyone!

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

i don't think that's necessarily true tbh, as far as i can remember the construction hint was one of very few times (if not the only time0 they had a vague description in the bts. Therefor it's not a valid example in my opinion.

Lord_Beloved.png

Court cases sound lame, Training atk/def is really easy why do we need an event for that? The rest sounds nice though.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Court cases sound lame, Training atk/def is really easy why do we need an event for that? The rest sounds nice though.

maybe this game isnt all about exp and reward? Just *maybe*?

Lord_Beloved.png

Fun? Variety? Oh wait, you play this game for efficiency and numbers. Maybe try checking out some spreadsheet programs, I hear they are much better than video games.

Fun? Variety? Oh wait, you play this game for efficiency and numbers. Maybe try checking out some spreadsheet programs, I hear they are much better than video games.

Random.... I agree with mEb, and I play for fun. I think.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Random.... I agree with mEb, and I play for fun. I think.

Nice...

What ever happened to screenshots in BTS' anyway? I think they added some like once and then never said anohter word about it. :-k

Yeah, was a sneak peak of mobilising armies and a sneak peak at stealing creation I think.

Was stopped after 2 months if I remember correct. Might have only happened 1 month as well.

IT'S BACK OMGOMGOMG

Ahem. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yeah, I'm with the happy people about the fact that BTS is back.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

What ever happened to screenshots in BTS' anyway? I think they added some like once and then never said anohter word about it. :-k

Yeah, was a sneak peak of mobilising armies and a sneak peak at stealing creation I think.

Was stopped after 2 months if I remember correct. Might have only happened 1 month as well.

Nah, I remember one of the Phoenix from In Pyre Need.

shh_i_campin.png

I like BTS, at least you kinda know what's coming and can then look forward (without too much anticipation) to the updates.

Nothing worse than..... BOSH!!!...... Have a go at a dude called Nomad. Whaaaa?!?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Ahh I love BTS, so glad that it's back. Now I know whether or not to look forward to the month's updates. Any surprised disappointment I may have will be reduced significantly.

But the court cases sound interesting, I'm guessing they will be similar to the King's Ransom thing. And the quest: "heavily puzzle and story-oriented" and "intermediate". Sounds like something only a non-profit quester would want to do, at least for now. I like how they said some requirements for it; if they keep doing that then it'll be easier to prepare for harder quests - like when WGS came out people with lower stats may have missed out on a lot of money due to dragon platebody pieces falling.

redarrows-1.png

Well, when it comes to Jagex, complaining gets you what you want. For once, it got us something good back. :thumbup:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.