Playstation 3 v Xbox 360

Sam

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen as the DLC is the same price, maybe even less on 360 if you can get a good deal on the points, the only difference is that Activision is making you wait an extra month+. The only thing to support your statement is that theres a load of CoD4/MW2 licensed avatar and gamer picture crap on XBL that you could buy if you were so inclined.

I don't know why you had to make this thread, its just going to end up in flaming and bad feeling. The forum felt a lot better after that PS3 vs 360 vs Wii thread died.

Seen as the DLC is the same price, maybe even less on 360 if you can get a good deal on the points, the only difference is that Activision is making you wait an extra month+. The only thing to support your statement is that theres a load of CoD4/MW2 licensed avatar and gamer picture crap on XBL that you could buy if you were so inclined.

I don't know why you had to make this thread, its just going to end up in flaming and bad feeling. The forum felt a lot better after that PS3 vs 360 vs Wii thread died.

I wasn't aware there was a PS3v360vWii thread. :/

lol @ intelligent discussion

Mind contributing to it?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I had an Xbox for about a year and a half. I played most of the first party titles (I.E Halo, Gears of War) and was never really impressed. Gears of War felt like something only a real manly man would want to play and Halo 3 was the same formula as the other two and had nothing really outstanding about it besides the amazing multiplayer experience that was only amazing because tons of people played it. Though not the best people.

Last November, my Xbox broke and Microsoft demanded the low low price of one hundred U.S dollars to fix it.

What the hell? So the fact that your console broke down is my fault? I need to pay to get your hunk of unreliable junk fixed?

Everybody I know with an Xbox has had it die on them or break or something really stupid. I can't believe the fact that the masses of Xbox 360's most of my friends own have broken down. And it's such a universal problem you think Microsoft would do something more to fix the problem.

So anyway, Christmas rolled around and I bought a PS3. I instantly fell in love with the console. First of all, the first party titles were tremendous. Uncharted 2 was amazing, Metal Gear Solid 4 was great.

Online was free and lately playing Red Dead Redemption multiplayer I have really enjoyed being able to play for free as much as I want. Why pay 60 bucks for something that I get for free on the other console. Xbox users bring up it is more reliable, but I call bull. I've played them both to death and they are even. Oh my god, one day the Playstation Online servers crashed! Who cares? One day, and it really didn't affect the whole community as much as you apparently think. It wasn't all that big of a deal.

Xbox interface is much nicer than the PS3 interface, but I really don't care about all the Netflix movies playing and crap. I bought a video game console to play video games, not update my Facebook or Twitter because I am too lazy to get up and walk to the computer sitting about ten feet away.

Playstation is more reliable in the hardware department, has free online (not better or worse, just free), and it's first party titles appeal more to me because I was a major PS2 gamer and love those titles.

Which console is superior?

I think that the PS3 wins slightly. Xbox users like to say they have MW2, but PS3 owners also have it. ONLINE BETTER ON XBOX PLOX! No, both have the same capabilities, it's just the fact that on the PS3 it's free.

I like my PS3 way better than I did my Xbox.

Now let the mature conversation that usually results in these petty console debates commence once again!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

If you bought a new Xbox since 18 months ago you should have no problems with it unless you give it really bad ventilation or something.

Xbox users bring up it is more reliable, but I call bull. I've played them both to death and they are even. Oh my god, one day the Playstation Online servers crashed! Who cares? One day, and it really didn't affect the whole community as much as you apparently think. It wasn't all that big of a deal.
Yeah, because the whole trophy crash thing didn't affect many people did it, just anybody who turned on their PS3 over a 2+day period.

When the PSN crashed the first day MW2 was released the IW forums and internet in general was flooded with rage messages at Sony/IW. I know I would have been really pissed if XBL had crashed the first day of MW2, the hype and anticipation for the game was insane. I know first hand that it also crashed a lot the first few days WaW was out. And then theres the patches that have resulted in completely bricked systems.

Sony kids often cry "OMG RROD" and thats kind of true if you have an old console, if you bought one now it would be fine. The first PS3s were also full of hardware issues, I know a guy who's 60GB PS3 crashed so much he bought a 360. Neither really have any hardware issues now, but the PS3 has had numerous issues with system updates and stuff. So ironically a new 360 is probably more reliable now.

ONLINE BETTER ON XBOX PLOX! No, both have the same capabilities

The party chat alone makes it better, unless of course you don't have any friends. Then theres the preferrential treatment the 360 recieves 90% of the time, the XBL marketplace which I think has something like 100s of times the content of the playstation store, even the small stuff like being able to hook up your iPod and play music whilst playing games, something the PS3 only has on a few games, I think Resistance and Warhawk have it, unsure of any others.

Yeah, because the whole trophy crash thing didn't affect many people did it, just anybody who turned on their PS3 over a 2+day period.

When the PSN crashed the first day MW2 was released the IW forums and internet in general was flooded with rage messages at Sony/IW. I know I would have been really pissed if XBL had crashed the first day of MW2, the hype and anticipation for the game was insane. I know first hand that it also crashed a lot the first few days WaW was out. And then theres the patches that have resulted in completely bricked systems.

Sony kids often cry "OMG RROD" and thats kind of true if you have an old console, if you bought one now it would be fine. The first PS3s were also full of hardware issues, I know a guy who's 60GB PS3 crashed so much he bought a 360. Neither really have any hardware issues now, but the PS3 has had numerous issues with system updates and stuff. So ironically a new 360 is probably more reliable now.

Sure PSN crashing sucks but a one day thing is not even comparable to having to get your console fixed and not having it for weeks, not to mention having to pay if it isn't under warranty.

The party chat alone makes it better, unless of course you don't have any friends. Then theres the preferrential treatment the 360 recieves 90% of the time, the XBL marketplace which I think has something like 100s of times the content of the playstation store, even the small stuff like being able to hook up your iPod and play music whilst playing games, something the PS3 only has on a few games, I think Resistance and Warhawk have it, unsure of any others.

PSN > XBLA. For the most part with a few exceptions (Shadow Complex isn't on PSN) I find that PSN gets the better "online only" exclusives.

If you bought a new Xbox since 18 months ago you should have no problems with it unless you give it really bad ventilation or something.

I've had friends who have owned three different Xbox consoles and they have all crashed somehow. Whether it be a red ring or any other of a myriad hardware problems, they have failed multiple times.

And of course we will hold it against Sony that there was one server crash when Modern Warfare 2 came out. Because in the long run it is a seriously bad problem compared to the fact that Xbox makes you pay for something that should be free.

Ironically, all my friends with Xbox's whether new or old have multiple problems with the hardware while all my friends with PS3's have had absolutely no problems. And calling us "Sony kids" is like us calling you a "Microsoft kid" for bringing up the server crash that apparently is such a major problem now that it has been fixed.

PSN is getting better treatment by most. Being able to play old PSX games is a plus, and even though we don't have as many downloadable games like Shadow Complex, it's still getting a steady trickle of that kind of stuff. And ultimately, to someone like me who rarely plays games you download off the store, it doesn't matter. And what does hooking up an IPOD have to do with the Xbox being great? I found myself listening to my boombox sitting next to my seat when I was playing GOW3 because I needed some heavy metal to get me in the violent mood.

Backward compatibility does suck, I wish I could have thrown out my PS2 and been able to play all my games on the PS3. Then again, the 360 had very limited backward compatibility.

And has anyone brought up Blu-Ray? Sure it's not all that big of a deal, but you get a Blu-Ray player with your game console, which is actually pretty cool, it's two in one. Sure you can play regular DVD's on both consoles, but Xbox had this one failure called HDDVD's.

Then again, the 360 had very limited backward compatibility.

How is that even possible considering there was only one console before the 360? It can run all Xbox games... I don't see that as limited...

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

It's just unfortunate that the 360 chose HD over Blu-Ray, that being said, you can get some really cheap HD dvd's for $4/5. It looks nearly as good as Blu-Ray, too.

On the other hand, Blu-Ray actually sounds better and looks that bit better. In the latest system update they added support for 3D, too, so we'll be able to watch 3D movies using our PS3 :thumbup:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I owned a PS1, PS2, PS3. PS3+Role-Playing Games=Win for me. I also want a Xbox 360 for the RPG games.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

One thing I know killerwatt misses about the 360 is Fable - alas, RROD and then a PSU failure stopped his enjoyment of that game. :thumbdown:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

How is that even possible considering there was only one console before the 360? It can run all Xbox games... I don't see that as limited...

Nah I don't think it can run all of them, only the big games like Halo 1 & 2. I really think it was a bad idea to make this thread lol its making kids like ratchet rage.

Ironically, all my friends with Xbox's whether new or old have multiple problems with the hardware while all my friends with PS3's have had absolutely no problems. And calling us "Sony kids" is like us calling you a "Microsoft kid" for bringing up the server crash that apparently is such a major problem now that it has been fixed.

I own both systems and have had only had problems with the PS3, not hardware problems but software issues caused by Sony's patches. I don't see why you need to have a thread like this, from any rational point of view they're pretty equal. Because I own both consoles I use their strengths, I go to my 360 for online games whilst I go to the PS3 for its better exclusives, and the limited selection of Blu Ray films that I have.

you can get some really cheap HD dvd's for $4/5. It looks nearly as good as Blu-Ray, too.

Does anybody remember this thing where the first PS3 platinum games were coming out and they were all in red boxes like HD-DVDs? I remember everyone joking that there would have been a lot of them around.

I couldn't play Prince of Persia The Two Thrones on my 360. It has very limited backward compatibility. It has some games, which is a plus from the PS3 since it doesn't even play PS2 games, but it does play PSX games. Then again, so does the PS2, but only if you have a PSX memory card.

I've owned both systems now, and I have to say I prefer the Xbox 360 more.

They both play great different games, but I'm more of a fan of the 360 exclusives.

And Xbox LIVE is just such a greater community than PSN, everyone has a headset so it's much more vocal. I know of all the little kids causing problems, but thats why you get some RL friends in a party and just have fun.

I have to say i'll be buying the new 360 when I get money since I currently don't have either system due to having to sell to repair my sax.

I couldn't play Prince of Persia The Two Thrones on my 360. It has very limited backward compatibility. It has some games, which is a plus from the PS3 since it doesn't even play PS2 games, but it does play PSX games. Then again, so does the PS2, but only if you have a PSX memory card.

Are you sure you're disc isn't scratched or anything? Have you tried your older Xbox? I have around 15-20 original Xbox titles and I can play them all excluding half of the campaign for Halo CE, since my disc is very scratched. Either I am very lucky with my choice of games or the disc doesn't work anymore.

vizardsig-1.png

Are you sure you're disc isn't scratched or anything? Have you tried your older Xbox? I have around 15-20 original Xbox titles and I can play them all excluding half of the campaign for Halo CE, since my disc is very scratched. Either I am very lucky with my choice of games or the disc doesn't work anymore.

Erm yeah Xbox has perfect backwards compatibility.

It can play ALL xbox games; no exceptions.

I'm fairly sure all the Prince of Persia ones even turned up in the "games on demand" thing recently.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Being able to download and play PS1 games from the PSN store and playing on your PS3 is a big plus for me.

So, I like the PS3 because it has games that I like on it (Uncharted, LBP, MAG, ModNation Racers, etc.)