Playstation 3 v Xbox 360

Sam

Why is PC not in the title? D:<

I think when they first came out Xbox had the edge in terms of games I would have played, but now the PS3 looks like a much better console now. Of course PC still wins outright, but since you haven't mentioned it I'll assume you acknowledge that it knocks the socks off all consoles :thumbsup:

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is PC not in the title? D:<

I think when they first came out Xbox had the edge in terms of games I would have played, but now the PS3 looks like a much better console now. Of course PC still wins outright, but since you haven't mentioned it I'll assume you acknowledge that it knocks the socks off all consoles :thumbsup:

PC is far to subjective for these kind of debates.

PC performance is entirely subject to the os, system specs and what accessories u have (eg game pads).

Where as consoles you can have a universal statement because all xbox 360s are the same. All ps3 are the same.

PCs vary into millions of permutations, so while 1 may be awesome for gaming 1 may be appauling.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have the Wii, Xbox 360 and the PS3.

Xbox 360 is the only decent console out of those three. The PS3 is expensive, lacks in supporting communities, has a terrible networking system, and is just not up to par with the 360. The 360 is more of a, do everything in this little box, while the PS3 is still in the mindset that you play games on it and then movies. 360 is a computer. PS3 is a console.

I don't know what the crap the Wii is.

Xbox 360 is the only decent console out of those three. The PS3 is expensive, lacks in supporting communities, has a terrible networking system, and is just not up to par with the 360. The 360 is more of a, do everything in this little box, while the PS3 is still in the mindset that you play games on it and then movies. 360 is a computer. PS3 is a console.

How is the 360 less of a console than the PS3 is?

PS3 does media better than the 360, has a built in Blu-Ray player, has exchangeable HDDs (you're not just stuck to the overprices MS ones). It has an internet browser, it has Linux on it.

360 game play games, watch DVDs, stream media from PC with limited codecs and steam video online. That's it. The PS3 does all of that and a lot more.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the PS3 myself, the only other console I've ever owned being a Sega Mega Drive II 16bit. A few of the things that attract me about it is the fact that it's the most powerful console out of the three, is really not that expensive anymore, has some really strong exclusives. And since I don't see myself playing online on it much, I want the multiplayer to be free for when I do play. Plus it doesn't have the newest CoD, which purely by principle makes it ten times more awesome.

2009rb9.jpg

Ehm, PS3 does have the newest CoD. Sorry.

Welp, damn. I didn't see it on any top seller lists so I figured it wasn't on it. Turns out it just didn't sell much compared to the 360 version.

2009rb9.jpg

I disagree. The PS3 is the same price as the 360 (less if you want things like a larger hard drive or a wireless adapter) has just fine networking (I've never had an issue with online games not to mention it doesn't cost me anything) and I don't really know what the 360 does that the PS3 can't. The PS3 handles media better as well with support for more formats as well as Blu-Ray.

I don't really get the "360 is a computer, PS3 is a console" mentality. The PS3 feels more "open" and like a computer than the 360 does. With the 360 you need to use propriety wireless adapters, propriety hard drives and any third party controller can not have wireless due to a microsoft patent. Of course this makes their hard drives + wireless adapter crazy expensive where as the PS3 has a built in adapter and allows you to use any SATA hard drive with it without a problem. Neither console is as open as a PC is but the PS3 is at least a step closer than the 360 I think.

As far as the 360 goes I just don't see any exclusives on it at all worth playing. Sony actually has a strong hold on good exclusives now I think and has a good upper hand on it. I also wanted to say that currently my 360 has been having an issue where it will restart randomly. I take good care of my consoles and electronics so it's not me "abusing" it.

Yup. Sony exclusives have always been something to sway me towards their consoles.

It's not that the 360 is bad or anything; it's just that whenever I go to a game shop and browse through, four out of five times I never find anything really that interesting in the section. I would say I can find something three out of five times with the PS3 section - it's a smaller catalogue, sure, but overall it has more titles that cater towards my taste of awful RPGs.

Ehm, PS3 does have the newest CoD. Sorry.

Welp, damn. I didn't see it on any top seller lists so I figured it wasn't on it. Turns out it just didn't sell much compared to the 360 version.

Last sales totals I saw it was about 5m sold for ps3 and about 8m sold for 360. I have a ps3, also who was this person saying that 360 is cheaper then ps3 :roll: someone needs to look into his posts more..... They are the same price, specially now with the slim ps3, which is even quieter then the 360 and original ps3. Makes the 360 sound like a rocket ship :wall:

Dakr06.png

How is the 360 less of a console than the PS3 is?

PS3 does media better than the 360, has a built in Blu-Ray player, has exchangeable HDDs (you're not just stuck to the overprices MS ones). It has an internet browser, it has Linux on it.

360 game play games, watch DVDs, stream media from PC with limited codecs and steam video online. That's it. The PS3 does all of that and a lot more.

Had Linux.

I'm a PS man, through and through. My first console was a PS1, I spent most of my gaming life on the PS2 and felt it was time to upgrade when PS3s came out. I can personally say that I've never played any more than 10 hours in total on an Xbox. Plus all my mates have PS3s, so I didn't want to be a failure and defect to the 360 side.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I've never really been that into the PS only franchises, and everyone heer has a 360 so I have to go for the 360.

Though I have to say paying for online is lame.

Also PC > all, though thats obviously not an option :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I find it stupid that the PS3 servers completely crashed the day MW2 was released, rendering it unplayable online, and that the PS3 must wait an extra month+ longer for the map packs. The sad fact is that Activision obviously only care about money, and Microsoft pays them more, so CoD will always be a better experience on the 360.

I find it stupid you have to have gold LIVE membership to play MW2.

From what I know you don't, perhaps to play Xbox Live which makes valid sense. Campaign, Split-screen, and Black-ops are all fine from what I know.

vizardsig-1.png

From what I know you don't, perhaps to play Xbox Live which makes valid sense. Campaign, Split-screen, and Black-ops are all fine from what I know.

To play MW2 multiplayer, I mean.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

To play MW2 multiplayer, I mean.

Yeah flaw of xbox online game content requires Gold membership (paid for) not free (silver)

You can download stuff etc. But you cannot do any online in-game content eg online multiplayer without gold

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's not a flaw, it was designed that way purposely.

It is a flaw in terms of this debate however as PS3 can do the same thing without paid membership (as can the wii for that matter)

Plv6Dz6.jpg