The reason Jagex added Rule 13.

VOV

:?

Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14

The Camano Island woman reportedly moved to the Midwest to be nearer the boy.

By Scott Pesznecker

Herald Writer

A Camano Island woman accused of having sex with a 14-year-old boy she met over the Internet was arrested Monday when she moved to the Midwest to live closer to him.

Police found Julie Ann Welborn, 38, at a Red Roof Inn in Jackson Township, about 50 miles south of Cleveland. A U-Haul truck containing her belongings was parked outside.

She faces charges in Massillon Municipal Court of unlawful sex with a minor and using telecommunications to solicit sex from a minor. She was being held Wednesday in Stark County Jail on $500,000 bail.

Welborn and the 14-year-old boy met through an online role-playing game called RuneScape, a game played by more than 100,000 people, according to its Web site.

The boy was 12 when they first made contact online a little more than a year ago.

Welborn allegedly had sex with the boy in October when she traveled to Ohio to meet him in person, Massillon police detective Bobby Drizzard said.

The boy's mother tipped off police early this month after she found several text and e-mail messages sent between her son and Welborn. The mother was alarmed by their conversations about age-difference relationships, Drizzard said.

Police learned that Welborn had packed up the belongings from her Camano Island home and planned to leave Nov. 15. They figured she would arrive in Ohio on Monday, and started watching the hotels.

Welborn told officers "she is really in love with him," Drizzard said.

Not only did Welborn bring her belongings to Ohio, she also brought her two children, ages 13 and 15. The children were placed in foster care until their father, an Everett resident, arrived Wednesday to pick them up.

"He was unaware of what her plans were, although there was concern from other family members about her relationship with this kid," Drizzard said.

The investigation was a joint effort between the Massillon Police Department and the FBI Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.

"It's usually men that we catch," Drizzard said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/05/11/ ... sex001.cfm

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/ ... 62638.html

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI,

For our players' privacy and safety, you must not ask for personal contact details such as fullname, home address or telephone number from another player.

Weird weird weird :|

I met my boyfriend over Runescape... and that worked out fine :D

And a fourteen year old boy might want to have sex, but probably not with a 38-year-old. It's still technically statuatory rape.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Ok, so what is the number 13 rule? I don't play rs anymore...

It's something along the lines of no asking for real life information. You can't ask people for their names, address, phone number, etc.

Mad, that's awesome. I remember reading about Jenstarr and Pugxsi getting married thanks to the game and I know dozens of people who may not have met face-to-face but talk to one another on the phone.

It's a shame how such good things can be overshadowed by events like this :?

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

Oh thats just kinda more like common sense to me, haha.

And rocketman089 a 14 year old male, as you may know, does not think entirely with his brain. And at the time, may think it is an awesome thing to be having sex with a woman 20 years his senior. In a couple years time, may regret it..

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

And rocketman089 a 14 year old male, as you may know, does not think entirely with his brain. And at the time, may think it is an awesome thing to be having sex with a woman 20 years his senior. In a couple years time, may regret it..

yeah i think it should be illegal for people under a certain age to make any decisions about there lives, they arent human until they are 18.

if a 14 year old wants to have sex with a 38 year old woman, its really fricking wierd but its their choice. i dont see why a 14 year old would want to with someone that old who doesnt even look very good, and why a 38 year old would want to with such a young person. its disgusting.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

They say it like a 14 year old boy would be repulsed by sex and non-consentive to the act.

Agreed. Though the chances of the 38 year old (playing RuneScape) being hot are extremely low, I'm sure the kid agreed to the sex. Now if she owuld have came, met him, and basicly "raped" him...

But think about it. What 14 year odl boy is gonna turn down sex (lets face it, at 14, boy's hormones are freakin out the roof). :roll: .

Kinda funny though. Wo0ot, Runescape made headlines!

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

You can't ever replace common sense with rules. Not that I care whether Jagex adds rules to their game or not, but the same problem is starting to appear in politics all over the western world...

Kind of my point.

The kid should have at least found a woman who didn't look like a complete dog...

No, I think a dog can do better than a 14 year old boy.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

yeah i think it should be illegal for people under a certain age to make any decisions about there lives, they arent human until they are 18.

if a 14 year old wants to have sex with a 38 year old woman, its really fricking wierd but its their choice. i dont see why a 14 year old would want to with someone that old who doesnt even look very good, and why a 38 year old would want to with such a young person. its disgusting.

I agree with led zep, a 14 year old boy is obviously not going to think that he will regret it in the future, they are probably not think of any consequences. Making it illegal for a person older than 18 to have sex with an underaged person does not make people under 18 not people. It just means that they probably can not make the best decisions about certain important issues. Such as drinking, smoking, joining the military, thats why there is an age limit on all those things.

lope6jw0.jpg

*expects a tripling of RS players within the next two weeks*

:P

Seriously though, seems to me to be just another case of lack of comon sense...

The reason they added the rule? One word: Liability. When another event comes up like this and some trigger happy person decides to actually sue runescape over it. Just like you see ridiculously stupid warning labels on many products, companies need to protect themselves in that way so they don't lose major money from lawsuits.

Hot ;D /lol

I was never desperate enough to hit that :? She's almost as old as my mom :?

At least it got RuneScape some advertisement right? :)

Hahahaha....

Well anyways...

Can Runescape get sued for something like that?

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

:? This slightly has something to do with the topic. In canada, the age of concent for sex is 14. But i had been told by an offical that 16 and over cant do anything to under 16s... so whats the diffrence?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I wonder whos the most embarressed.The 38 year old having sex with a 14 year old who she met over a game or the 14 year old having sex with someone who he met in Runescape. :oops:

Seriously,at least have some morales and have it during WoW or Everquest,Runescape> :x